C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vehicle speed sensor wire

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 04:43 PM
hitekcm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default vehicle speed sensor wire

Hey guys a while back I was here asking some navigation questions and someone told me about a link on this forum which gave the whole rundown on how to install nav in a non nav c6. It had everything there about what you need and how to do it also some stuff about unlocking. it was a long detailed post.
so now I can't find it "dementia' can anyone help me out?
Old 06-18-2017, 04:45 PM
hitekcm
Instructor

I forgot I'm trying to find the easiest location to tap into the Dk.grn\white vehicle speed sensor wire.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:09 PM
unclecookie
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by hitekcm
Hey guys a while back I was here asking some navigation questions and someone told me about a link on this forum which gave the whole rundown on how to install nav in a non nav c6. It had everything there about what you need and how to do it also some stuff about unlocking. it was a long detailed post.
so now I can't find it "dementia' can anyone help me out?
I think the info you are looking for is Ray Kawal's website. Try www.kawal.net/vettemods.htm

Last edited by unclecookie; 06-18-2017 at 06:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hitekcm (06-19-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:44 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by hitekcm
I forgot I'm trying to find the easiest location to tap into the Dk.grn\white vehicle speed sensor wire.
Right behind the speedometer is the easiest place to tap into the vss wire
No need to un-tape the harness to get to it
Dave
The following users liked this post:
hitekcm (06-19-2017)
Old 06-26-2017, 12:02 AM
Gecko2345
Racer

I found the best place to find the VSS wire was behind the radio. The harness has the VSS wire, even if you don't have a Nav. Ray Kawal's website has a harness that plugs into the radio, and the factory plug plugs into the harness. The VSS wire comes off of the harness so you can use it. Ray's purpose if to be able to interupt the VSS signal, so the Nav thinks the vehicle is stopped, and one can change destinations. I used it to send pulses to a mico processor. My purpose was to get an accurate speed readout (to the hundredths of MPH), along with an average speed. Came in handy at The Big Bend Open Road Race. Very accurate, once calibrated. The pulses coming out of the car is supposed to be 4000 per mile, but that can change with different tires, inflation, wear, and etc. Once calibrated though, it agreed (to the 1/10th MPH) with the laser speed trap at the race.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 AM
unclecookie
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Gecko2345
I found the best place to find the VSS wire was behind the radio. The harness has the VSS wire, even if you don't have a Nav. Ray Kawal's website has a harness that plugs into the radio, and the factory plug plugs into the harness. The VSS wire comes off of the harness so you can use it. Ray's purpose if to be able to interupt the VSS signal, so the Nav thinks the vehicle is stopped, and one can change destinations. I used it to send pulses to a mico processor. My purpose was to get an accurate speed readout (to the hundredths of MPH), along with an average speed. Came in handy at The Big Bend Open Road Race. Very accurate, once calibrated. The pulses coming out of the car is supposed to be 4000 per mile, but that can change with different tires, inflation, wear, and etc. Once calibrated though, it agreed (to the 1/10th MPH) with the laser speed trap at the race.
I believe that the radio harness only had the VSS wire if your car is a 3LT or better, and has the Bose system. I had to tap into the VSS wire behind the speedometer on my 2LT without Bose.

Last edited by unclecookie; 06-26-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:52 PM
hitekcm
Instructor

Originally Posted by unclecookie
I believe that the radio harness only had the VSS wire if your car is a 3LT or better, and has the Bose system. I had to tap into the VSS wire behind the speedometer on my 2LT without Bose.
Yes I think you are correct my 2011 is 1LT with Sat radio, non bose, and it did not have the VSS wire so I followed another forum members suggestion to tap in behind the instrument cluster. a bit of a pain in the *** but I got it done.

Get notified of new replies

To vehicle speed sensor wire

Quick Reply: vehicle speed sensor wire