C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Tips And Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Den's Vet
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
Default C6 Tips And Tricks

C6 Tips And Tricks

I did search on this forum and could not find it, If its on this forum why is it not a Sticky

C6 tips and Tricks

1) There's a button on the rear fascia to open the rear hatch.
2) There are 2 gas tanks.
3) You can only recall the max. G force on the HUD during the current engine on cycle. Once you shut the engine off, it's gone.
4) The car will remind you to shut off your turn signal if left on for more than 3/4 mi.
5) Headlamps automatically turn on if using wipers.
6) You can just bump the turn signal (up or down) for it to signal for 3 ticks.
7) There's also a keyhole above the rear license plate to put a key to open the hatch if you don't have your fob nearby.
8) The DIC chime loudness can be turned down significantly by turning the audio "Auto Volume" to "OFF".
9) Better hook-up a battery tender if the car is going to sit for longer than 3 weeks.
10) Most light switches that you push to turn a light ON/OFF are ON when the button is held into the depressed position, and OFF when the button is pushed again and released to the "out" position. But the read
ing lights on the rearview mirror that are controlled by the buttons on
either side of the rearview mirror in the C6 are OFF when they are in the "in" position, and ON when the butt on is pushed to the "out"
position.
11) There's an orange light that shines down from the
on the passenger visor clip that is just simply an area light to give a little low-level light ambiance to your driving experience at night. It was dropped in the 2008 model year in about February as a running change.
12) If you hold the ignition rocker switch in the on (down) position for about 20 sec. the car goes into full on mode (same as "ign" with a key car) without the engine starting. This allows you to program the DIC and run all accessories etc without starting the engine.
13) The handle to pull the hatch down was on the C6 through the middle of the 2007 model year.
14) The button on the panel to the left of the steering wheel/column controls the level of the instrument lighting, but also turns the interior lights ON/OFF. If you inadvertently hit the button, it can turn on the interior lights. There's no in/out to the switch, so you just have to look to see if the lights are on or off, and push the button to get them in the mode you want.
15) The A6 will not up shift when either TC or AHS are active. You can't force it to up shift using the paddles either (TC or AH
S active). Using Comp Mode can remedy this... to a point.
16) There is a feature on wiper intermittent delay fastest speed: When one goes over 50mph in this setting, the wiper automatically switches to constant on (normal speed). C6 has speed sensitive intermittent delay, but no rain sensor.
17) Pressing and holding the Fan Speed button, the Windshield Defrost button, and the Rear Window Defogger button at the same time resets the outside temperature display.
18) Mirror dimming is turned off when you are in reverse.
19) If you reset the timer you have to wait 10 seconds before you move the display to another resettable value, otherwise that one will reset too.
20) The trick of hitting the recirc button twice to reduce the warm air in the footwells. I love it when I have the top down...much less extra heat down there.
21) If you touch the time of day in the to p right corner of the
navigation screen, the day of the week and date will be displayed.
22) If you press down on the wiper stalk it will operate the wiper for one pass.
23) The compass can be calibrated and proper zone selected by
pressing either the far left button on the on-star panel or by pressing the left map button until the option for either calibration or zone appear.
24) If both FOBs are in the car at the same time, FOB 1 rules.
25) Get Ice warnings on DIC.
26) Manual shift C6s have a steering wheel lock and automatics don't. - Only the manual 2005, and foreign spec cars, have the column lock - 2006 on do not.
27) If you will be driving your Vette at speeds of 175 MPH or greater you should set the cold tire inflation to the maximum shown on the tire sidewall of 38 PSI.
28) The window switches are not connected to the window motor. They send a request to the computer and the computer lowers the windows.
29) Manual door release on the floor by door sills.
30) Hook built into gas door lid for hanging the gas cap via the retaining cord.
31) When backing up in reverse, both the speedo and the HUD will show your speed.
32) If you want to splash or lube engine after oil change press gas petal to floor which shuts down injectors and hit start button engine will crank but not start.
33) If you want to check the mileage, with the car off reach in
the window and turn the head lights on the mileage will show.
34) The underhood lamp and locking center console were dropped for '07.
35) The floor pans are made of balsa wood. The difference is that Z06 and ZR1's have c/f covering the balsa, where it is fiberglass cover for Coupe's and Convertibles.
The following 10 users liked this post by Den's Vet:
03CARISMA (06-23-2017), bubba9062 (04-22-2018), corvette312 (06-22-2017), Frankie15 (06-22-2017), Icecap (06-22-2017), Itshakes (06-22-2017), just fly (06-22-2017), molecule (06-22-2017), pagosawingnut (06-22-2017), woodybob (06-23-2017) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-22-2017, 10:37 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1583388987
Old 06-22-2017, 10:38 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

It is in the C6 FAQ/DIY sticky, 4 link down.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:15 AM
ben z
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by OWN'01
C6 Tips And Tricks

31) When backing up in reverse, both the speedo and the HUD will show your speed.
#5 is awesome because it's the law down here. I wish all our cars had that feature cause half the time I forget.

#31 ROFL! Cause dude, to find that out you would have to have a)backed up fast enough to register on the speedo, and b)had your eyes facing front.
The following users liked this post:
Den's Vet (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 11:29 AM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 903 Likes on 587 Posts

I did not know #4. Guess I'm not old enough yet to drive that far with the blinker on!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:08 PM
Den's Vet
Racer

I ran a search and this didn't show up. Just a heads up to the administrator's and moderators
Old 06-22-2017, 01:15 PM
dmk0210
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

When backing up in reverse, both the speedo and the HUD will show your speed.
I don't get this one.

They both show your speed when going forward as well.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:11 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I ran a search and this didn't show up. Just a heads up to the administrator's and moderators
Many, many, many helpful links in this thread that I posted a link to, just below this line, you just didn't look in it very well.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...9-14-16-a.html

The 4th link in that thread has a title "C6 Tips and Tricks" over it. Why do you need a moderator or administrator for that? That thread was created by and is maintained by an administrator.

Another typical no0b.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 06-22-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:41 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Many, many, many helpful links in this thread that I posted a link to, just below this line, you just didn't look in it very well.

The 4th link in that thread has a title "C6 Tips and Tricks" over it. Why do you need a moderator or administrator for that? That thread was created by and is maintained by an administrator.

Another typical no0b.
That's the thread I posted in #2 here. I found it in maybe 15 seconds.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:05 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

#15? Of course it upshifts, active or not. Trans in D, all upshifts occur. I suppose you meant while in "S", but even then, upshifts occur with TC on (active), or off.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:02 PM
BAAD LS2
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2017 C6 of Year

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
#15? Of course it upshifts, active or not. Trans in D, all upshifts occur. I suppose you meant while in "S", but even then, upshifts occur with TC on (active), or off.
Pretty sure it means it won't upshift if you break traction and the system is actively trying to limit wheelspin...
Old 06-22-2017, 06:53 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by BAAD LS2
Pretty sure it means it won't upshift if you break traction and the system is actively trying to limit wheelspin...
I don't know. I've had my '08 in S & D, TC on/off, breaking traction and not, and upshifts still occur. Once you touch the paddles for a gear, you must continue to do so, but that was not part of the Tip/Trick info.

Unless I am mistaken....
Old 06-23-2017, 05:39 AM
Den's Vet
Racer

Originally Posted by EVRose
That's the thread I posted in #2 here. I found it in maybe 15 seconds.
I don't believe you found it on this forum maybe on google
Old 06-23-2017, 06:16 AM
PAULEB07
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 226 Posts

Nice to reread it sometimes! I tend to forget some of them.LOL
Old 06-23-2017, 07:47 AM
Den's Vet
Racer

Originally Posted by Vette_DD

Another typical no0b.
The search didn't show any thing I don't need a moderator.
And yes I'm new to C6 please forgive me for trying to find information

Old 06-23-2017, 08:21 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

C6 Tips And Tricks

I did search on this forum and could not find it, If its on this forum why is it not a Sticky

C6 tips and Tricks

1) There's a button on the rear fascia to open the rear hatch.
2) There are 2 gas tanks.
3) You can only recall the max. G force on the HUD during the current engine on cycle. Once you shut the engine off, it's gone.
4) The car will remind you to shut off your turn signal if left on for more than 3/4 mi.
6) You can just bump the turn signal (up or down) for it to signal for 3 ticks.
7) There's also a keyhole above the rear license plate to put a key to open the hatch if you don't have your fob nearby.
8) The DIC chime loudness can be turned down significantly by turning the audio "Auto Volume" to "OFF".
9) Better hook-up a battery tender if the car is going to sit for longer than 3 weeks.
10) Most light switches that you push to turn a light ON/OFF are ON when the button is held into the depressed position, and OFF when the button is pushed again and released to the "out" position. But the read
ing lights on the rearview mirror that are controlled by the buttons on
either side of the rearview mirror in the C6 are OFF when they are in the "in" position, and ON when the butt on is pushed to the "out"
position.
11) There's an orange light that shines down from the
on the passenger visor clip that is just simply an area light to give a little low-level light ambiance to your driving experience at night. It was dropped in the 2008 model year in about February as a running change.
12) If you hold the ignition rocker switch in the on (down) position for about 20 sec. the car goes into full on mode (same as "ign" with a key car) without the engine starting. This allows you to program the DIC and run all accessories etc without starting the engine.
13) The handle to pull the hatch down was on the C6 through the middle of the 2007 model year.
14) The button on the panel to the left of the steering wheel/column controls the level of the instrument lighting, but also turns the interior lights ON/OFF. If you inadvertently hit the button, it can turn on the interior lights. There's no in/out to the switch, so you just have to look to see if the lights are on or off, and push the button to get them in the mode you want.
15) The A6 will not up shift when either TC or AHS are active. You can't force it to up shift using the paddles either (TC or AH
S active). Using Comp Mode can remedy this... to a point.
16) There is a feature on wiper intermittent delay fastest speed: When one goes over 50mph in this setting, the wiper automatically switches to constant on (normal speed). C6 has speed sensitive intermittent delay, but no rain sensor.
17) Pressing and holding the Fan Speed button, the Windshield Defrost button, and the Rear Window Defogger button at the same time resets the outside temperature display.
18) Mirror dimming is turned off when you are in reverse.
19) If you reset the timer you have to wait 10 seconds before you move the display to another resettable value, otherwise that one will reset too.
20) The trick of hitting the recirc button twice to reduce the warm air in the footwells. I love it when I have the top down...much less extra heat down there.
21) If you touch the time of day in the to p right corner of the
navigation screen, the day of the week and date will be displayed.
22) If you press down on the wiper stalk it will operate the wiper for one pass.
23) The compass can be calibrated and proper zone selected by
pressing either the far left button on the on-star panel or by pressing the left map button until the option for either calibration or zone appear.
24) If both FOBs are in the car at the same time, FOB 1 rules.
25) Get Ice warnings on DIC.
26) Manual shift C6s have a steering wheel lock and automatics don't. - Only the manual 2005, and foreign spec cars, have the column lock - 2006 on do not.
27) If you will be driving your Vette at speeds of 175 MPH or greater you should set the cold tire inflation to the maximum shown on the tire sidewall of 38 PSI.
28) The window switches are not connected to the window motor. They send a request to the computer and the computer lowers the windows.
29) Manual door release on the floor by door sills.
30) Hook built into gas door lid for hanging the gas cap via the retaining cord.
32) If you want to splash or lube engine after oil change press gas petal to floor which shuts down injectors and hit start button engine will crank but not start.
33) If you want to check the mileage, with the car off reach in
the window and turn the head lights on the mileage will show.
34) The underhood lamp and locking center console were dropped for '07.
35) The floor pans are made of balsa wood. The difference is that Z06 and ZR1's have c/f covering the balsa, where it is fiberglass cover for Coupe's and Convertibles.
Hey Own'01,

Thanks a lot for posting your finding's - many who have not been able to find this or taken the time to search for it will be very grateful when the come across it.

Enjoy the new to you C6 and always post your findings and solutions so all can learn.

Welcome to the C6 section.

Thanks,Matt
The following users liked this post:
Den's Vet (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 09:13 AM
EVRose
Race Director

I don't believe you found it on this forum maybe on google
I DID find it on this forum because I knew where to look.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Tips And Tricks

Old 06-23-2017, 09:40 AM
JasonAndrew
Safety Car

Received 270 Likes on 169 Posts

You forgot to mention, holding down the traction control button down for 10 seconds will put the car into "drift" mode. (Especially in the rain)
Old 06-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Tefer
Drifting

Received 207 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk0210
I don't get this one.

They both show your speed when going forward as well.
Not to mention the fact that If you'r in reverse/backing up. Shouldn't you be looking behind you.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:16 AM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

How about:
*Hold the window switch UP for three seconds to reset the self-indexing parameters (you'll hear the motor stop after ~3seconds)
*Disconnecting the battery for any reason?? Have your fob handy. Reconnecting the battery triggers the alarm. (as it should)
*I always lift my trunk after rinsing the car off to let all the water around the rear window to drain into the catch area.
*Each door sill has two little slits for battery tender cables to run out of a shut door without pinching.
*Approach light timeout, passenger door unlock, custom messages and fob reminder can all be set in the DIC options (obvious one)
*Little FOB slot in the glove box next to one of the fob antennas. If your fob battery is low, try putting it in there. Should get you to the store for a new battery.
*Long windshield is hard to clean on the inside. I use a swiffer handle with a microfiber cloth wrapped around the end. The little cloth holders work on microfiber as well. Does the trick and no cloudy corners/edges.
*never plugged a phone into the USB port in my console. Load a thumb drive with tunes and shuffle away!
*Not an XM subscriber? Me either. But most holiday weekends they'll have promotions where it's free. Try it sometime. (it has ads and people talking though. UGH!)
*303 Aerospace Protectant is great for weather stripping, plastic trim etc. Gets rid of the dreaded roof creek on many cars. (use sparingly!)
*Super Lube spray is best for the hinges. But the super lube grease is great for the detent roller on the doors too

Come on! I know you all have some tips and tricks you'd like to share.
Anybody know how to disable the three blink minimum on the blinkers?!?!

Quick Reply: C6 Tips And Tricks