C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who can I contact at gm that cares.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Justincase427
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who can I contact at gm that cares.

Ok I have a 08 z06 my car is under extend warranty gmpp bumper to. Car dropped a valve two months ago so I took it to the Chevy dealership replaced my engine under warranty. I pick up my car from the dealership and something seems off so I take my car straight home dealership was closing when I picked up my car.
So now I am at home look under the hood coolant overflowed on the motor and missed when driving. Well that's because they used the old spark plugs out of speck gap was 25 thousand out on one.. I called the dealership they gave me a bs line and said you have to brake in the new motor.
So I can Gm tell them ok they open a case and call back a day late telling me that they looked at my case talk to the dealership and they said everything was fine bla bla so I asked can a third party come to the dealership and we can all review my car. Then they can determine what is going on nope there's nothing Gm can do other than review my case and said my car was fine to drive and I had the Lady repeat it again , I was not happy to say the least.
Ok I changed my plugs drained some coolant and was happy to have my girl back so I take it around town little trips here and there nothing more than 30 min rides .
First time I take it out 80 miles each way . On my way home coming back into Pa. Trans is not happy car has to be towed home. Next day I jacked up my car to check my trans see if I see anything and check my trans fluid so don't see much pull fill pull no fluid so grab a borescope no fluid. I am stemming now something is wrong no leaks and no holes so where do my trans fluid go.
Well Down the drain at the dealership when they pulled my motor the rad comes out and boom trans fluid drains ... So nothing on my paper work shows about adding trans fluid I called the dealership with a ear full I had ever right. Sorry dealership guys but you messed my car up twice .
They said they would not look at my car the trans would have blow in a few minutes ok lieing deceiving ****** . I call GM once again open a case on the trans and it really shocking how they do not look at things cause it shows everything on the paperwork other than adding trans fluid and gm said to drive my car ok well now it's blown up and no one is owed up I have all the evidence to prove it in more than one way step 19 or the repair for the rad check and add trans fluid. So why not on the paperwork u know if it was done it would be writing down to cover there a** gm should have cought it they are the professional not me. Well I am trying to keep it out of the court rooms so I am reaching out here for some help and please no smart a** remarks I am already holding back from going postal . Help please.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:04 PM
Ben101er
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I am really sorry for the problems you are having. I know you say that you want to settle this out of court, but, after reading the steps you have taken, and the responses you have gotten, I really don't see any alternative. A good attorney will either get them to see it your way, or will get a jury to make them do the right thing. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:08 AM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

So what's wrong with the car right now? Your post is difficult to read.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:27 AM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 919cw313
Sounds like his trans is blown. Will your warranty cover it?

Last edited by pjazz; 06-23-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:31 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

I gave up too 919cw...

General Motors (GM) Phone Number

800-462-8782
CUSTOMER SERVICE

If you raise your voice or get angry towards these people they will tell you to **** off. Do not curse with them or at them. You need to be beyond patient, calm, and understand that the people you speak to may have to transfer you several times. Keep in mind that these people do not know you, they do not know your situation, they do not know anyone at your dealership, and above all else, they did not do this to your car.

Also do not exaggerate or lie about anything with them. They will find out and it will immediately terminate your chances of getting help without a legal battle you probably won't want to afford.

OP, FWIW I cannot say for sure that what they did caused or did not cause your problems but I can tell you that when I had my radiator out I only lost a few drops when I unplugged the cooler lines from the radiator. They were left undone for months with no leaks. The lines are higher than the fill plug where they go into the radiator.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:40 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

And I will give another gloomy opinion based on your post. First, it is barely readable. And if you are talking with, or writing to anyone in this manner, they might have difficulty understanding the car's issues/problems. Second, with the amount of work you have done to the car AFTER you got it back, the dealer may say they have no responsibility for its current condition. Finally, I believe you are certainly fortunate to have had the engine replaced at GM's expense. I also think you will not be getting any more free or warranty replacements but I wish you luck in that regard.

By the way, are there any modifications done to this car, and have you owned it since it was new?
Old 06-23-2017, 08:34 AM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Who are you talking to a GM? Your best bet is a zone rep, but as stated before, you need to approach with hat in hand. You might be 100% entitled to your feelings, but honey catches more flies than vinegar.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

The transcooler in the radiator holds 1+qt of fluid. If tranny is not topped off it will kill the trans in <1k miles from being low on fluid. Search around on here, it happens WAY too often from incompetent GM dealers. They will fill the trans (if they even do that) and when cars moves it pumps the fluid up into the empty cooler and is now low, and they don't top it off again. Trans fluid has to be topped off after car has a chance to pump the fluid around or it will be underfilled.

And to answer the original question, no one. If they didn't care about killing people, do you think they care about a 8+ year old car? They barely care about customers buying new cars.

Last edited by Unreal; 06-23-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:21 AM
codyc24
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal

And to answer the original question, no one. If they didn't care about killing people, do you think they care about a 8+ year old car? They barely care about customers buying new cars.

hahahahahahahaha thats funny.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:24 AM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,032 Posts

First off, all this stinks, and I'm sorry it happened to you.

However, as you noted, the car is under GMPP warranty, correct? So either the dealer will cover it as their mistake (which they seem like they are not doing) or GMPP will cover it as a warranty issue. Does it matter to you who pays as long as it is fixed? Despite the current inconvenience and hassles you are having, the best remedy is to get it fixed, get back in your car and start driving!
Old 06-23-2017, 10:15 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,674 Likes on 1,297 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 919cw313
Thank you! I was thinking the same thing!

Last edited by jrose7004; 06-23-2017 at 11:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Vetteman1980 (06-24-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 10:23 AM
drew_c6
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I loved my WS.6 and I love my C6, but my experience is that GM has absolutely terrible customer service when it comes to warranty work, even if it's a well-documented, wide-spread issue. Like one of our other members said, take the high road and do absolutely everything you can to remain calm and don't give up. Good luck to you - I hope your case works out better than mine did.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:42 AM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

I guess one issue with a GM warranty is that the car is serviced by a GM dealer.

I hope you can find a good shop that can service your car and still under GM warranty.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:22 AM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
And I will give another gloomy opinion based on your post. First, it is barely readable. And if you are talking with, or writing to anyone in this manner, they might have difficulty understanding the car's issues/problems. ?

....or in a non-PC way. That post was f'ing painful to read.

I also agree with ben d....Ask to speak with a Zone Rep and have a mature, articulate discussion. A stream of consciousness with attitude is not a winning combination.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:01 PM
Richard F
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Sounds like you can still get it fixed under GMPP....I would just go to another dealership that has a corvette tech and take your chances there....
The following 2 users liked this post by Richard F:
GRCTampa (06-23-2017), marinablu67 (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 11:38 PM
LuthRavin
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C6 of the Year Finalist

Default Flown away

Well it appears the OP has flown the coupe...I had trouble understanding that rant myself..
Old 06-24-2017, 02:03 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
The transcooler in the radiator holds 1+qt of fluid. If tranny is not topped off it will kill the trans in <1k miles from being low on fluid. Search around on here, it happens WAY too often from incompetent GM dealers. They will fill the trans (if they even do that) and when cars moves it pumps the fluid up into the empty cooler and is now low, and they don't top it off again. Trans fluid has to be topped off after car has a chance to pump the fluid around or it will be underfilled.

Are you sure you aren't mistaking this with the auto trans issues? You worry me as you have said this twice now. . I just went out and pulled my line because it drove me nuts. Drove the car last weekend seemingly lost more than when it sat for a few mos before teardown. Maybe 2-3 oz. Thinking I would need to add I put it on the lift and ended up having fluid come out of the fill like before.

Get notified of new replies

To Who can I contact at gm that cares.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:46 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

100% sure. The radiator holds a good ammount of fluid. If the radiator was drained, then the system needs to be run (can put it in gear on a lift and just drive it up to 20-30mph for a minute or two) and then that will pump the fluid up front.

Everytime I've done this, tranny takes ~3/4 of a quart more fluid. Search on here and you can find case after case of failed manual transmissions because of this.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:20 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,086 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

This thread is just another example of a new member posting a question, then getting answers .... but never returning to the thread they started (not even to says 'thanks').

I think we are all wasting our breath on this thread
Old 06-24-2017, 09:03 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

I grew a bit dizzy trying to suss out what the guy's problem is. I wonder why so many seem to hit and run on their own threads. Why bother to post and then run?
The following users liked this post:
Red Stone (07-19-2017)

Quick Reply: Who can I contact at gm that cares.