C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 03:40 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Blake Brooks
Well that's quite a lot of money to heap into a car with basically no resale value now. I can't justify putting a body kit on it that costs more than what the car is even worth now. I think I'm better off finding a high mileage GS for cheap. Or maybe just stay away from a Vette for awhile and stockpile my extra money. I am only 21 ya know
Blake, I think you are smart to wait to see what you really want to do. You are also fortunate to learn what you did at such a young age. When you are right, absolutely right, don't let folks take advantage of you. Always ask for your fair share, settlement, whatever, and have convincing reasons why you should get it.

Hope you are back here soon.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Blake Brooks
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Blake, I think you are smart to wait to see what you really want to do. You are also fortunate to learn what you did at such a young age. When you are right, absolutely right, don't let folks take advantage of you. Always ask for your fair share, settlement, whatever, and have convincing reasons why you should get it.

Hope you are back here soon.
I think my best bet will be to hold out and wait for the right one to come along. It was pure luck that I got my old one because my truck broke down the same morning the guy posted the car on CL. Exactly what I wanted and in my price range, bought it the next day. I will wait until a deal comes along that I can't refuse. In the meantime, I'm sure I'll be on here often. Lots of good entertainment and wisdom from you old farts
Old 07-06-2017, 05:04 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

I always thought the best thing financially is to keep a car and pay it off. If you like a car, keep it.

Quick Reply: Recommendations