C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy boat exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Garra671
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Billy boat exhaust question

I've been looking at the bb bullet for the c6 and it's about 1000$. And it looks like it's basically just a piece of pipe with 4 tips??... would I get the same tone just going to the shop and having an over axle pipe made and have 4 tips welded on? Or does it have some internals too it?
Old 06-25-2017, 03:03 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Since tone is subjective, I can't tell you whether you think it will be better or not, but the Bullets aren't straight through pipes; they have a small resonator, and they are made from 404 stainless steel, which is practically indestructible, and much higher quality than stock pipes.

I've had mine for 12 years, and there is not a speck of rust to be seen.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:32 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

They do have resonators like owc6 says. The sound level is, IMO, about the same as the NPP in the open position. The sound quality is much more aggressive and impressive though. I have a Grand Sport convertible. There is some drone when you have the top up.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:01 PM
Crow Hunter
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I had BB Bullets on my '97. Each pipe had two "mufflers" in it, and the sound was a light rumble, but nice and aggressive at WOT. The quality was first class and the fitment was excellent.

Seems like the cost was around $650.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:06 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

I would like to add that even though I said tone is subjective, dBs are not. The Bullets are most certainly LOUDER than the stock (NPP or not) exhaust on LS2, LS3, and LS7.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:22 PM
EMT311
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have heard. C6 with no mufflers. Does not sound like my bullets. The bullets sound deeper. Just get them. Yes they are loud. You will here your car all the time but its awesome.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:40 PM
Yarbie
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 218 Posts

If you have the funds spend the extra dough and get the bb fusion exhaust. you keep your npp function and they sound amazing in open or closed mode. open mode is nascar sound deep and drone is minimal. it's the best looking exhaust imo also.
the quad 4.5 round tips look fantastic. super high quality.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:34 PM
BBExhaust
Supporting Manufacturer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Billy Boat BULLET Exhaust Answers...

Originally Posted by Garra671
I've been looking at the bb bullet for the c6 and it's about 1000$. And it looks like it's basically just a piece of pipe with 4 tips??... would I get the same tone just going to the shop and having an over axle pipe made and have 4 tips welded on? Or does it have some internals too it?
Thought you may want some input on this subject. First I will tell you the BULLET exhaust system is our #1 product we sell to Corvette owners. It is our loudest exhaust and does contain resonators like the other guys have said here to create that muscle car sound. It is a straight through exhaust and is designed to be an aggressive exhaust note. However, it does not contain any exhaust valves for an NPP equipped exhaust. If you have NPP, the Bullet system will eliminate this functionality. Some applications, some with automatic trans, people say they get some drone with the Bullet. This is subjective though. We hear everything from "yes I hear it" to "it's not all that much". If that's a concern, we definitely suggest the drone canceling PRT Exhaust (without NPP) or a Fusion Exhaust (with NPP). Below is a graphic that represents sound levels if that helps. All three of these systems are focused on giving you a deep rich exhaust note, probably more so than most comparable products. But again, depending on your preference in sound, this is subjective. We suggest going to a Corvette club meeting to see if you can hear one on someone's Corvette or search "Bullet Exhaust" for some videos on YouTube (Billy Boat YouTube Page) to get a good idea of what to expect.

Not sure what year yours is, but any of the Bullet applications have the options for oval or round tips.
See all C6 options HERE.

Have more questions? Feel free to call John in our sales department directly at 623-581-7600 x19.

Bullet Exhaust

Bullet Exhaust

PRT Exhaust

Fusion Exhaust
Old 06-26-2017, 01:01 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I have to say I'm not impressed with B&B systems at all. Hopefully their customer service is better than the product, and they can repair/replace it in a timely manner. My fusion failed after such a short time. The flaps bent in 1/2 so it is open all the time. Very disappointing for such a high dollar exhaust.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Just got off phone with B&B. Going to drop it off some time after the 4th to get repaired. They were nice so big thumbs up for that.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:57 AM
drew_c6
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

OP, if you're looking at the Bullets, you may want to find someone who has them to see if the drone bothers you or not. Prior to building and installing my clamshell partition, mine resonated the cabin heavily between 2000-2500 RPM. It's very similar and can be just as uncomfortable as the air vibrations you get from driving with just the rear windows down on a 4-door. From what I've read, the problem gets MUCH worse if you have or upgrade to headers. There are ways to correct or reduce it, but most of them aren't cheap or quick.

Yes, they sound awesome, but they may or may not be worth the time, money, and effort if the drone becomes too much for you. Especially if you travel and/or commute any distance. Trying to talk to someone next to you may require a lot of yelling...

Get notified of new replies

To Billy boat exhaust question

Quick Reply: Billy boat exhaust question