C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Window and door malfunction.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:34 PM
dgoff
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C6 Window and door malfunction.

I have a C6 2008. The drivers window would not reset prprerly. It was cycling after closing for a few seconds then stop short of closing. The door would not open. I hear the clicking. It's trying but something is stopping it. I rolled it down a little then disconnected the battery for 10 min. Once reconnected the window would go down but stop where I left it when I disconnected the battery. I rolled it all the way down disconnected battery again. Now it's stuck all the way down.. my door won't open for a little while. The passengers window and door works fine. How can I reset the stupid window? Help! My car is outside and I can't get the window up!
View Conversation Edit Report
Old 06-26-2017, 02:57 PM
dgoff
Intermediate

Well after reading what seemed like a thousand posts I read the car must be driven. Sure enough I drove the car and I was able to roll the window up. Crazy computer stuff! I'm still not sure why it affected the door from opening. I could hear the relays but no dice. Very strange. I may still have problems but no time to continue.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:07 PM
CBRDude
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank goodness you don't own a Mercedes. You live and die by the SAM!
Old 06-26-2017, 04:19 PM
bassman50
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Have you checked the car's battery? This normally would not be caused by a bad FOB or FOB battery, but things like this can and do go wrong when the car battery is on it's last legs.

Steve
Old 06-26-2017, 05:52 PM
dgoff
Intermediate

Steve thanks for the input. The battery is 1 year old almost 7-16
I'm not sure what caused the problem. it started when I first hooked the battery up after winter. I reset the windows as normal and went for a ride. when I stopped I closed the door and it started cycling up and down the 1/4" or so5 or 6 times then stop 1/4" from closed. Next thing started was I could not open my door from the inside or out. I was afraid I would have to crawl over the console and exit r. side.finally after a min. or so it let me out. As of now the door is opening. I'm taking it in a few and hopefully all is well. We'll see!!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:14 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

You do know that there is a mechanical emergency lever to use to get out of your car?
Should have no need to crawl over to the passenger side to exit car.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:44 PM
dgoff
Intermediate

Didn't know there was a mechanical release. Where is it? Now the window goes up then when I open the door it drops normal but doesn't go back up. It takes 30 to 60 seconds before it closes the gap. The door will only open after the window closes. So if you open your door when you stop then close it back the window will be cracked open and you cannot open the door until the window closes. At this point the window will not close. You must drive the car for the window to close and then you get 1 shot to open the door. Stupid right? Anyone experience this problem?
Thanks
Old 06-27-2017, 06:19 AM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoff
Didn't know there was a mechanical release. Where is it? Now the window goes up then when I open the door it drops normal but doesn't go back up. It takes 30 to 60 seconds before it closes the gap. The door will only open after the window closes. So if you open your door when you stop then close it back the window will be cracked open and you cannot open the door until the window closes. At this point the window will not close. You must drive the car for the window to close and then you get 1 shot to open the door. Stupid right? Anyone experience this problem?
Thanks
To the left of the drivers seat, on the floor marked with red image.
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2017, 10:00 AM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

Just to be clear you have re indexed the window after disconnecting the battery correct? proceedure is in the owners manual.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:29 AM
dgoff
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AzMotorhead
Just to be clear you have re indexed the window after disconnecting the battery correct? proceedure is in the owners manual.
Yes I did the indexing after reconnecting the battery. I disconnected the battery several times in an attempt to re index. Is there a way to erase the memory and start over?
Old 06-28-2017, 11:38 AM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

Check the response I received in my thread detailing what sounds like the same issue.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:19 AM
dgoff
Intermediate

Well guys thanks for all of your input. Looks like I'll be taking to dealership for diagnostics.
I'll post with results for future use .
The following users liked this post:
extrapilot (07-13-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 08:28 AM
wzp
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with mine. A 2008. It's the touch pads in the doors. You need to replace both pads to correct the problem. Eventually I couldn't close both windows or open either door
Old 07-18-2017, 07:12 PM
dgoff
Intermediate

Well gentleman I took it to the dealer. It had 1 code. It was the exterior door switch not releasing. So diagnosing, replacing the switch total bill for this pain in my rear was $223.
Next person with this issue I hope this will give you a quicker resolution than I had.
Thanks again to all of the responses.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Window and door malfunction.

Quick Reply: C6 Window and door malfunction.