C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Saver Connection Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 03:54 PM
Ed Cackowski
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Battery Saver Connection Problem

Hi Rocket Riders !!!!
I have a 2013 427 Vert and have utilized the factory optioned Battery Saver Package for four years. I have always plugged the car connector end into the Cigarette lighter and the other end into a 120v outlet.

Today when I pushed the car connector end into the lighter it pops up and does not make contact . If I push it in and hold it down the indicator light on the Saver unit indicates contact ,but goes out when I let go of the connector and it pops up from the lighter.

My questions are two : (1 ) Does anyone know what has effected the connection I have used for Years causing it to pop back up rather than stay connected? and (2) If I plug it into the connector in the center console it stays connected , but is it operating correctly and Maintaining the battery from that position ?

Thanks so much ,as always I appreciate taping into the wisdom and experience of the Corvette family .
Old 06-26-2017, 03:59 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

The center console connection works just fine. You might check out a magnetic connection system that connects at the front of the car (or rear if you are so inclined). Southern Auto Parts (a forum vendor) should be able to hook you up. That is what I use on my car. I have had three of them.

I have no Idea why the lighter plug is popping out.
The following users liked this post:
Ed Cackowski (06-28-2017)
Old 06-26-2017, 04:09 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Cackowski
Hi Rocket Riders !!!!
I have a 2013 427 Vert and have utilized the factory optioned Battery Saver Package for four years. I have always plugged the car connector end into the Cigarette lighter and the other end into a 120v outlet.

Today when I pushed the car connector end into the lighter it pops up and does not make contact . If I push it in and hold it down the indicator light on the Saver unit indicates contact ,but goes out when I let go of the connector and it pops up from the lighter.

My questions are two : (1 ) Does anyone know what has effected the connection I have used for Years causing it to pop back up rather than stay connected? and (2) If I plug it into the connector in the center console it stays connected , but is it operating correctly and Maintaining the battery from that position ?

Thanks so much ,as always I appreciate taping into the wisdom and experience of the Corvette family .
the connector in the console will operate properly, is fused higher and less likely to cause issues with any accessory.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:04 PM
dpigguy
Safety Car

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

After using the lighter port over time, the socket will get worn and the holding "ribs" on either side do not hold the plugin in place. You can change the lighter socket for a new one or if you don't need a lighter, install a power port in its place.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Saver Connection Problem

Quick Reply: Battery Saver Connection Problem