C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a Convertible-Specific Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 03:56 PM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Looking for a Convertible-Specific Car Cover

I've got a 2005 Convertible. (That means not a wide body) I have a nice cover for it already. But it is for a coupe. And I'd really like to have a cover that is made to conform to the convertible top and trunk rather than just stretching across where a window would normally be on a coupe. I've done quite a bit of searching, and can't seem to find any convertible-specific covers. Does anyone know of any out there?

TIA
Old 06-28-2017, 07:24 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by long_tall_texan
I've got a 2005 Convertible. (That means not a wide body) I have a nice cover for it already. But it is for a coupe. And I'd really like to have a cover that is made to conform to the convertible top and trunk rather than just stretching across where a window would normally be on a coupe. I've done quite a bit of searching, and can't seem to find any convertible-specific covers. Does anyone know of any out there?

TIA
So you are looking for a cover that fits with the convertible top down? My car cover just listed that it fit a C6 Base and didn't state coupe only. With the top up it fits very well. Since I also have a vert and am interested in a lighter, less bulky cover to take on trips I Googled covers for top down. What I found only seems to cover the windshield and cockpit. I haven't found one that covers the whole car.

Here is an example:
https://www.carcoversdirect.com/part...9799/materials

Last edited by Icecap; 06-28-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:28 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 323 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Did you Google model and Vert?
Old 06-29-2017, 07:28 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

I don't think there is a full body cover designed to fit with the top down. I never saw one when I was searching for mine.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:59 PM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
Did you Google model and Vert?
Um... Yeah...

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
I don't think there is a full body cover designed to fit with the top down. I never saw one when I was searching for mine.
Not looking for one designed for top down. Looking for one that fits the convertible shape better than a coupe cover.

As it is, its kind of like putting a standard C5 cover on an FRC. The convertible has a flat trunk. Just wanted one that fits the contour of the convertible top better, rather than the slope of a standard coupe shape.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:16 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by long_tall_texan
Um... Yeah...

Not looking for one designed for top down. Looking for one that fits the convertible shape better than a coupe cover.

As it is, its kind of like putting a standard C5 cover on an FRC. The convertible has a flat trunk. Just wanted one that fits the contour of the convertible top better, rather than the slope of a standard coupe shape.
Take a look at the Coverking Stormproof. That's the one I use for my vert, and it's a pretty tight fit.

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 07-17-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a Convertible-Specific Car Cover

Quick Reply: Looking for a Convertible-Specific Car Cover