C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NIGHTMARE Miss-fire!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Sergio7
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default NIGHTMARE Miss-fire!

For the past three weeks i have been trying to deal with what feels like a missfire. Problem started with one black spark plug with no check engine light. I thought it was an injector so i cleaned them, checked that all wires had current & during the process removed throttle body & manifold to clean everything from the inside. After that, car through check engine light which indicated Crankshaft position sensor P0335 and Camshaft position sensor P0340 codes. Bought replacements and switched them out. "Missfire feeling" seems to have diminished a little but it through a nee code!!! Now P0507 (idle air control system) is the only code. Any input of how this can be fixed?
Old 07-11-2017, 02:00 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

From what I've read here about guys cleaning the TB, it will run for a while with a fast idle. This maybe why the new code for idle. But maybe a vacuum leak.
The remedy for the fast idle, if you find nothing else, is to drive the car some and it will settle down and act normal after some drive cycles.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Sergio7
Racer

Originally Posted by extrapilot
From what I've read here about guys cleaning the TB, it will run for a while with a fast idle. This maybe why the new code for idle. But maybe a vacuum leak.
The remedy for the fast idle, if you find nothing else, is to drive the car some and it will settle down and act normal after some drive cycles.
It is a Nick Williams 102 throttle body by the way
Old 07-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Sergio7
Racer

Bump?
Old 07-13-2017, 03:20 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

How did you "clean" the injectors? Did you perform a compression or leak down test?
Do you have a aftermarket cam?
Did you determine that your coil and plug/wire on the questionable cylinder is OK?
Is there any associated valve/rocker noise coming from the engine?

Get notified of new replies

To NIGHTMARE Miss-fire!

Quick Reply: NIGHTMARE Miss-fire!