Thinking about selling my corvette. - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about selling my corvette.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:06 PM   #21
lwise4
CF Senior Member

Default 08 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_6 View Post
I have a bone stock 2008 Jet Stream Blue A6 3LT Z51 NPP with 13K+ miles. I've been thinking, "If I knew the things I know now when I bought my vette". I would have saved more money and gotten a ZR1. I thought they were expensive but I've seen ZR1's in the low $60K for what I'm looking for. Recently I've been looking at SRT Vipers and they look gorgeous, just like Halle Berry. Every car I bought, it has been an upgrade. By upgrade, I mean in cylinders. Two feets to 4 bangers to V6 imports and now a V8 domestic beast. A SRT Viper is the next perfect choice. Of course I would have to save up a while but that's not a problem, I'm only 35 and bought my vette when I was 32. There are damages underneath the passenger side rocker panel. Someone hit the rear and I had a detail shop buffed the scratches. And the dreaded 3 holes. The vette has Firehawks runflats with 1K+ miles, new tpms, and repro rims. If I decide to sell, $27K would be my price. Too much b/c of the damages? What do y'all think?
I bought my 08 7 months ago and I paid $27,500. It had 52,000 miles on it but no damage and it is a Convertible with Z51, 6 speed, power top, 3LT, NAV 2 tone interior, NPP exhaust. It was a GM pilot car and they loaded it up!

My suggestion would be to fix the damage then go for your price! If someone sees the damage, they either will not be interested or they will offer a low price. I assume that the 3 holes are for mounting a license plate? If so someone from a state that requires it probably would not care?

As for the Viper, they stopped making them so the ones that are out there are not going to sell cheap! Then later on, you will have a parts problem most likely?
lwise4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:33 PM   #22
RagTop69
CF Senior Member

Quote:
If I repair the damage, price will be $30k
It's a nine year old car. I doubt you would get much interest at either $27K as is or $30K without the warts.

Last edited by RagTop69; 07-18-2017 at 03:33 PM.
RagTop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #23
SivaSuryaKshatriya

Not sure what generation Viper you're interested in, but keep in mind that parts are getting rarer and rarer for them. I know there are some Gen I's and II's that are just sitting around unable to get the required parts to get them running again. Check the Viper forums, you'll that it's an issue. That's why I went with my C6 Z06; much higher part availability.
SivaSuryaKshatriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #24
LowRyter
CF Senior Member

Those bumper repair guys can fix that easy and cheap.

I have nothing to add for what kind of car you want to buy.
LowRyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #25
montman
CF Senior Member

I think it depends on how many Vettes are for sale in your area. According to Kelly Blue Book your car is priced at 28948.00 in excellent condition - which it's not. Fair condition is 25134. I am trying to sell my 08 with the same options, no damage, 84k miles and the highest offer has been 18500. Good luck, but don't get your hopes up too high.
montman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #26
buckmeister2
CF Senior Member

Quote:
If I repair the damage, price will be $30k
You certainly won't get 30K under any circumstances, imo. You can sell for it $26/27, I am sure.
buckmeister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #27
Zero_6
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwise4 View Post
I bought my 08 7 months ago and I paid $27,500. It had 52,000 miles on it but no damage and it is a Convertible with Z51, 6 speed, power top, 3LT, NAV 2 tone interior, NPP exhaust. It was a GM pilot car and they loaded it up!

My suggestion would be to fix the damage then go for your price! If someone sees the damage, they either will not be interested or they will offer a low price. I assume that the 3 holes are for mounting a license plate? If so someone from a state that requires it probably would not care?

As for the Viper, they stopped making them so the ones that are out there are not going to sell cheap! Then later on, you will have a parts problem most likely?
I'll eventually repair the car. It's just sitting and covered up. 3 holes came from the mounting of a license plate. I know Vipers aren't produced anymore. I'm thinking of the SRT Viper 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagTop69 View Post
It's a nine year old car. I doubt you would get much interest at either $27K as is or $30K without the warts.
I think the selling point is that mine is low mileage and bone stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SivaSuryaKshatriya View Post
Not sure what generation Viper you're interested in, but keep in mind that parts are getting rarer and rarer for them. I know there are some Gen I's and II's that are just sitting around unable to get the required parts to get them running again. Check the Viper forums, you'll that it's an issue. That's why I went with my C6 Z06; much higher part availability.
I'll keep that in mind and research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRyter View Post
Those bumper repair guys can fix that easy and cheap.

I have nothing to add for what kind of car you want to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montman View Post
I think it depends on how many Vettes are for sale in your area. According to Kelly Blue Book your car is priced at 28948.00 in excellent condition - which it's not. Fair condition is 25134. I am trying to sell my 08 with the same options, no damage, 84k miles and the highest offer has been 18500. Good luck, but don't get your hopes up too high.
There aren't many vettes around. So far I'm the only JSB that I've seen. Most I see are red. My hopes aren't high, just guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
You certainly won't get 30K under any circumstances, imo. You can sell for it $26/27, I am sure.
After repairs, I'm fine with $26-27K. $30K is just a starting point to get best offers.
Zero_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Thinking about selling my corvette.
  •