C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 '07 vert (stick shift), no crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Den_Chaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 '07 vert (stick shift), no crank no start

Hey there, as much as I hate to start a new thread about something thats been discussed times and times again. I had to write since I'm facing a rather unusual yet very similar situation. three weeks back I decided to polish my '07 vette (manual tranny). It struggled to turn on but did after 2 sluggish cranks, I wasn't surprised since it has been more of a parking-lot-queen lately than a DD. Just been driving back and forth the gas station once every two weeks for past two months. Anyway, back to the story. After finding a good shaded spot I parked her and spent good 2 hours shining her up. The last thing I remember is getting back in the car pushing the start button and nothing. My baby vette was all dead :'( I tried jump starting with an SUV and had to keep the booster cables hooked and the SUV running for 15 mins before it finally struggled wayy too hard to crank but did fire up at last. Later that night I fired her up and drove for an hour before bringing her to the final resting place (my parking lot) where she's been resting in peace for last 3 weeks. I did triy to fire her up two days later after the polish/ jumpstarting/ night driving day incident. There was a full crank at first, I pressed again then half crank I pressed again then a quarter then I pressed the start button again and no crank at all. It kept diminishing each time I pressed the start button and since then no crank at all until this day.

At first it all seemed pretty simple. A foooookin' dead battery. Pretty much as you might expect from a good law abiding citizen, I headed straight to my battery seller whose been powering my vehicles for a decade now and drained my hard earned cash over a brand spankin' new son of a bitch batt that wouldn't fire it up either. Still no crank at all. just lights on lights off

So here I'm with a car that I love from bottom of my heart but won't run and a batt that I hate with passion doing no good in resurrecting my baby back to life. There's nothing left to live for anymore unfortunately as I'm dying a slow depressing death with each day seeing the baby vette collect more and more dust. Unbearable!

The next thing I did as a Rebel and not a law abiding citizen was unimaginable by the human race. I FLIPPED Open the Fuse box. Now thats badass isn't it A fuel pump relay looked roasted so did the A/c compressor relay, The rest looked fine but still I swapped the roasted ones with the other good ones good= looking not so roasted) out went the fuel pump relay in went the wiper relay so after basically ******* up *fooooking up* the entire fusebox like a total badass I fired up my ******* Queen and she didn't

So I carried the roasted relays with me like a mother bird carrying her vulnerable lil eggs around (don't remember seeing a bird carrying eggs around but since I said then it must be true ) So yea on my way I striked an angel who took me to his shop and tested the relays one by one and saved me some of my sweat equity. The relays were all fine and worked even tho brownish.

So People of the Holy land of Vette, I hereby call upon you to guide me to the truth because all I wish for is to Make My Vette Great Again

Whats next?

1) battery clamps and battery ground (the clamps do move and I can't tighten them. I can pull hard and they come off, uneven diameter)
2)a loose Starter plug? starter solenoid (positiv battery connection? perhaps a starter motor itself? how should I test that no low profile jack
3)wiring harness (ground to frame) or (battery to starter)? where can I find that tho?
4) column steering?? its '07 manual I dont think it got the coumn steering **** like the first year model, no creepy noise in steering column as well
5) Theft deterrent?? had a friend come over already and scanned the car no security lock issue. the sign also doesn't show up
6) cables to fuse box?? the female section of the underside of the fuse box where the relays insert
7) No phone charger connected. I even leave the cellphones and other keys in the other car before trying to start, just me and the FOB and the interior of the car inside the car at the time of pushing start button
8)BCM/PCM/ECM issue? needs a ******' replacement? Say HELL NO!
9)bad cable connection somewhere?? rubbing wires? I dont see so
10) By pass clutch switch? No clutch switch in the car for last 8 months any how. been driving all fine.
11) brake switch? thats suppose to be in the auto tranny? or I'm wrong
12) Relay? but as I said tested and they work good, but maybe the relay is or is not being commanded to supply power?? if so why?

I need to get it running folks. and I dont wish to tow it for someone just to figure out it was a simple wiggle wiggle somewhere. I know for sure it isn't a major issue. all the electronics work in accessory mode. A/c radio, convertible power top headlights dash, power seats etc. just wont crank al all. all lights go out except check engine light, after exact same time 5 secs or so lights up again every damn time. seems like the power is not reaching or is being blocked from reaching the starter.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Den_Chaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: checked the three wires running into the starter motor and they holding current. Seems like the starter gone bad gone wrong (gone sexual) . What say you'all? or is it the clutch pedal switch

Quick Reply: C6 '07 vert (stick shift), no crank no start