C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Free Exit" can't program it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 10:37 AM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Default "Free Exit" can't program it?

(2013) can't seem to get this function to work. I turned on the option in "options" (yes) must be wrong in the procedure? Thank you!!
Old 08-16-2017, 11:34 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

You have to do more than that. You must actually set the position of the seat for driving position and for exit.

Look at pages 3-4 through 3-6 in the 2013 owner's manual.

After you've set those positions, the options button just turns on whether to use it, or off to not use it.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 08-16-2017 at 11:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
hotrod03 (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 12:03 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
You have to do more than that. You must actually set the position of the seat for driving position and for exit.

Look at pages 3-4 through 3-6 in the 2013 owner's manual.

After you've set those positions, the options button just turns on whether to use it, or off to not use it.
I looked at and I'll have to read again. I'm doing something wrong. Not sure I understand the process of steps.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:59 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I assume you are talking about the memory recall or where the seat will automatical move the the set driving position when the car is started and move the the rear for exit when teh enf=gine is shut off.

Now I do not have a 2013 model, but on mine first I have to make sure the auto memory recall is selected in the Options in the DIC. Next I set the seat, telescoping wheel, mirrors and lumbar supports to where I want them for driving. Then press and hold the #1 button (if that is the FOB you are using) untill you hear it chirp twice. Now move the seat and any other components that you want set for exit. Once that is done press and hold the button in the middle of the #1 and #2 buttons until it chirps twice. That should set the memory recall and easy exit for you.

Sorry I forget to ask. You do have a 3LT option package, right?

Last edited by BWF07; 08-16-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Add a Question
Old 08-16-2017, 03:49 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BWF07
I assume you are talking about the memory recall or where the seat will automatical move the the set driving position when the car is started and move the the rear for exit when teh enf=gine is shut off.

Now I do not have a 2013 model, but on mine first I have to make sure the auto memory recall is selected in the Options in the DIC. Next I set the seat, telescoping wheel, mirrors and lumbar supports to where I want them for driving. Then press and hold the #1 button (if that is the FOB you are using) untill you hear it chirp twice. Now move the seat and any other components that you want set for exit. Once that is done press and hold the button in the middle of the #1 and #2 buttons until it chirps twice. That should set the memory recall and easy exit for you.

Sorry I forget to ask. You do have a 3LT option package, right?
Yay I did it!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To "Free Exit" can't program it?

Quick Reply: "Free Exit" can't program it?