C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed loose rear view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 11:13 AM
madcityeric
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fixed loose rear view mirror

after trying to bend the bars strait, did not work. I ordered some new bars designed for rc axles, also did not work, too soft. then i ordered new bars made from titanium. Also did not work, too hard, would not bend, could not even get mirror back on bracket.

I almost gave up, then I decided to try permatex. I got it from Autozone, Permatex High temp silicone gasket maker.

I just filled the cavity in the mirror almost level, put the mirror back on, and let it sit. after a full day, its perfect. No vibration. And its permetex so if the mirror ever needs to come off it will.

I also did this to my wifes 05 c6 with the same results, no vibration. Been a good month now, both are daily drivers.

Eric
The following users liked this post:
Dutch08 (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 03:38 PM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by madcityeric
after trying to bend the bars strait, did not work. I ordered some new bars designed for rc axles, also did not work, too soft. then i ordered new bars made from titanium. Also did not work, too hard, would not bend, could not even get mirror back on bracket.

I almost gave up, then I decided to try permatex. I got it from Autozone, Permatex High temp silicone gasket maker.

I just filled the cavity in the mirror almost level, put the mirror back on, and let it sit. after a full day, its perfect. No vibration. And its permetex so if the mirror ever needs to come off it will.

I also did this to my wifes 05 c6 with the same results, no vibration. Been a good month now, both are daily drivers.

Eric

Great tip !!! Thank you for posting.

My mirror was loose too, but it was at the ball end that plugs into the mirror body. I'll keep this fix in mind as most seem to have your problem with the bars. I'll probably have that later as well.

Last edited by Dutch08; 08-16-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:15 PM
HK770
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ew-mirror.html
Old 08-16-2017, 04:46 PM
lovinmyls1
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I ordered GM pins and so far been working great.

Get notified of new replies

To Fixed loose rear view mirror

Quick Reply: Fixed loose rear view mirror