C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG LTH Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 12:50 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LG LTH Purchase

Just purchased some LG LTH today! 1- 7/8" Catted x - Pipe for my 05' c6 m6. After a bad experience with one of the vendors on here yesterday i decided to order them direct from LG.

Moving on, Going to install these in the shop here at work. From the reviews on several threads i've read here it sounds like the fitment is great, but anything i should know ahead of time as far as what to do/not to do during install? I'm going to replace the plugs and wires while i'm in there. This is my first LS vehicle i'll be working on.

Last edited by snakec6; 08-17-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:31 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

Be carefull about the hydraulic clutch line, if you have a manual trans. Good idea to use extra heat reflective wrap.
Maybe use a heat blanket over the starter so that the solenoid doesn't get all the heat abuse and crack the bakelite like this one.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
snakec6 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Do your self a favor that has to be done while your exhaust is dropped, buy one of these and you'll be glad you did, they work
NSF
https://specialty-auto-materials.net...e-heat-shield/
The following 2 users liked this post by Not So Fast:
extrapilot (08-17-2017), snakec6 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 02:14 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Do your self a favor that has to be done while your exhaust is dropped, buy one of these and you'll be glad you did, they work
NSF
Give some serious thot to getting a 1/4" or 3/8" thick tunnel plate along with the Z/Cool insulator!
snakec6 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TomdaToolman
Give some serious thot to getting a 1/4" or 3/8" thick tunnel plate along with the Z/Cool insulator!
Too late, its done But thanks
NSF
snakec6 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 12:49 PM
snakec6
Instructor

NSF
Already on it! I had a member PM me and told me to get that as well as a starter thermal wrap. The starter wrap should be here today and zcool tunnel shield should be here Friday. Plan on doing install Saturday.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by snakec6
Already on it! I had a member PM me and told me to get that as well as a starter thermal wrap. The starter wrap should be here today and zcool tunnel shield should be here Friday. Plan on doing install Saturday.
By chance you don't have a temp gun to point and shoot do you for before and after temps??
I saw a guy on YouTube doing it with a different product and it lowered the glove box by 5' and the tunnel side of the console by about 8', so that would be the tell all.
Fred from Auto Specialty Materials has made up an underside thermo blanket for the rear half of the console top that I expect anyday, will report back on that
NSF
Old 08-22-2017, 02:30 PM
snakec6
Instructor

By chance you don't have a temp gun to point and shoot do you for before and after temps??
I saw a guy on YouTube doing it with a different product and it lowered the glove box by 5' and the tunnel side of the console by about 8', so that would be the tell all.
Fred from Auto Specialty Materials has made up an underside thermo blanket for the rear half of the console top that I expect anyday, will report back on that
NSF
I sure do. I'll make sure to record the before and after. Takes me about 15 minutes to get here so it will be plenty warm. I'm doing it at the shop here so i can use one of the hoists instead of crawling around on the floor.
Fred is awesome! He messaged me right away saying it was on backorder (which i knew when i ordered) but did say he expected it in a day or so. i told him i needed the z cool shield by Saturday and he said no problem he was going to 2 day priority it for me.

Last edited by snakec6; 08-22-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:52 PM
biker1059
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

What type of wrap did ya'll use for the clutch line and where did you find it? Thanks in advance
Old 08-22-2017, 04:56 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

I sure do. I'll make sure to record the before and after. Takes me about 15 minutes to get here so it will be plenty warm. I'm doing it at the shop here so i can use one of the hoists instead of crawling around on the floor.
Fred is awesome! He messaged me right away saying it was on backorder (which i knew when i ordered) but did say he expected it in a day or so. i told him i needed the z cool shield by Saturday and he said no problem he was going to 2 day priority it for me.
Cool (no pun intended) yeah Fred is a good guy. Be interested in your results on the temp gun.
And I agree with using a hoist, I wouldn't even try it without
Bobby
BlindSpot (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 05:39 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

Cool (no pun intended) yeah Fred is a good guy. Be interested in your results on the temp gun.
And I agree with using a hoist, I wouldn't even try it without
Bobby
UDAMAN Bobby.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlindSpot
UDAMAN Bobby.
That's David Caruso's line to Russell Crowe in "Proof of Life" isn't it Awesome movie from years ago
Old 08-23-2017, 01:06 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Look what showed up today!!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:09 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Look what showed up today!!
Ok now Snake, don't forget to do a temp measure before you install your setup Then we'll know for sure what kind of temp drops you get with the Z Cool tunnel shield
NSF
Old 08-23-2017, 11:32 PM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Im at week #5 and i still don't have my LG 1 7/8's they haven't even shipped yet, but they are getting coated, i can't wait to see a box like that
Old 08-24-2017, 12:34 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Twayneo1
Im at week #5 and i still don't have my LG 1 7/8's they haven't even shipped yet, but they are getting coated, i can't wait to see a box like that
was it maryland speed? I had a rather unfavorable phone call when i was calling them for a price. It really P*ssed me off to be honest so that's when i called LG direct. I really hope you get them bro! if you check the transactions thread going about them it's not looking good for you guys that order from them.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You guessed correctly ! I have headers exhaust and brake pads waiting! As long as I get them in the next two weeks I'll be happy! Where is the purchase thread you speak of located ?

Get notified of new replies

To LG LTH Purchase

Old 08-24-2017, 02:32 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Twayneo1
You guessed correctly ! I have headers exhaust and brake pads waiting! As long as I get them in the next two weeks I'll be happy! Where is the purchase thread you speak of located ?
go to the main forum page and scroll all the way to the bottom its in the help & feedback category.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:40 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Just purchased some LG LTH today! 1- 7/8" Catted x - Pipe for my 05' c6 m6. After a bad experience with one of the vendors on here yesterday i decided to order them direct from LG.

Moving on, Going to install these in the shop here at work. From the reviews on several threads i've read here it sounds like the fitment is great, but anything i should know ahead of time as far as what to do/not to do during install? I'm going to replace the plugs and wires while i'm in there. This is my first LS vehicle i'll be working on.
I gave all the bolts involved with the job a squirt of Screw Loose before doing it, like a day before.
The 02sensors were probably the toughest to break loose but the impact wrench did it, and I bought a 02 socket just for that, maybe yours wont be so stuck. Mine is an 2011 with 30K for miles
Good luck
Bobby
Old 08-24-2017, 03:34 PM
snakec6
Instructor

I gave all the bolts involved with the job a squirt of Screw Loose before doing it, like a day before.
The 02sensors were probably the toughest to break loose but the impact wrench did it, and I bought a 02 socket just for that, maybe yours wont be so stuck. Mine is an 2011 with 30K for miles
Good luck
Bobby
Great idea! i actually was thinking about it but now i'll do it for sure. Thhe o2's are what i'm most concerned about wasting time on not too worried thought since I'm using one of the techs tools and i'll have access to thousands of dollars in equipment. and your's is fresh compared to my 05' with 73k still it was taken care of so i'm not too worried.

The z cool tunnel shield showed up Fred is the man!
Not So Fast (08-25-2017)

Quick Reply: LG LTH Purchase