C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Notice how when these C6s get older & cheaper, the threads here get sillier

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 10:20 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

I don't think it has much to do with the price. Go have a look in the C7 section. Same stuff.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:46 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
That is even worse!! Citing a blog dictionary as a source for anything is laughable. You know, I saw someone use the term "irregardless", which is also in a blog dic.

I guess we all forget that we, too, were once young and dumb. It's a crying shame that we have to wade through so many silly and stupider posts here.

I recall in 1967 my friend's daddy gave him a 1967 Corvette 427 coupe. I practically drooled over that car. If forums had existed back then, I would have posted some mighty stupider stuff on one, fer sher...
Yes, we were all young and dumb once.

However, there is a difference between then and now -- and that's what kids are being taught (or not taught) in the schools.

When I was in school (class of '68), English was the only required course all the way through including 12th grade. Other courses were elective before that. And you had to pass 12th English or you couldn't graduate.

My 7th grade English teacher (these are things you don't forget) was an old maid, and was so **** about language that she would NOT call any of us by our nicknames -- there were no "Bobs", "Bills," or "Susies" in that class, they were always Robert, William, or Susan. Not kidding about this.

Today? Haha, well, we see the results of modern schooling right here in CF -- and anywhere else you care to look. People are so stupid today that they need idiotic little symbols to replace simple words of our native language.

On - off.

Go - stop. Seriously? We need juvenile little signs to replace these words?

It isn't a secret that a dumbed-down populace is easier to control than a more literate, thoughtful, critical-thinking, independent one.

Hell, half the country (apparently) thinks English shouldn't even be the primary language.

Hey, who's been running the schools for the past century? Oh that's right -- government.

Name:  SP8F6AL.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  77.0 KB
Old 08-28-2017, 11:19 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Well at the risk of P$%&ING off the people with children, i'm gonna put in my 7 cents worth. Many years ago me and a friend were talking. He was telling a story about one of his sons friends whos parents weren't quite cutting it as very good parents. He said...."Yep....the kids are getting stupider and stupider. This means that they are gonna grow up and have even stupider kids. The cycle is only gonna get worse". Accurate ???....we can all decide for ourselves......
The following users liked this post:
Icecap (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Floridadutch
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Old man's car

Congrats to anyone who is able to own a Corvette at any age. For me at 75 it was a dream car, it keeps me feeling younger, AND we, wife and I, don't want a nursing home to get the money. We were both educators, worked hard, saved, t[k extra jobs when possible, lived modestly, and realized you never see a Uhaul behind a gearse. We are loving are 17 Grand Sport convertible and pray we have
a few more years with it.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:15 PM
Huncle J
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Guess I am part of the problem, at 42 I am half the age of the average corvette owner and I tend to (gasp) drive my car. I also like to ask questions, but the only response is "search!" which I do, and after reading all the info I can find, I ask to see if there have been any changes since the last thread with any good info (usually from 2008...must have been a good year). From the threads, I assume everybody is still driving around on Invos and trying to determine if a 160 t-stat will ruin your car or not.
There are a few really awesome people on here and their input is very valuable, but for the most part, it seems most owners don't like anything new or different...

Yes, I will get off your lawn now 😂

Last edited by Huncle J; 08-28-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:48 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,364 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by Huncle J
Guess I am part of the problem, at 42 I am half the age of the average corvette owner and I tend to (gasp) drive my car. I also like to ask questions, but the only response is "search!" which I do, and after reading all the info I can find, I ask to see if there have been any changes since the last thread with any good info (usually from 2008...must have been a good year). From the threads, I assume everybody is still driving around on Invos and trying to determine if a 160 t-stat will ruin your car or not.
There are a few really awesome people on here and their input is very valuable, but for the most part, it seems most owners don't like anything new or different...

Yes, I will get off your lawn now ��

I have to with you

Telling someone to use search to find their own answers is the worst advice. It doesn't matter the topic, answers to every question range from right on the money to completely wrong.

Unfortunately, if you're trying to self-educate, then you have to also interpret what is the correct path and what is not. And, it's just as likely the person with the wrong answer will vigorously defend his position arguing with the person with the correct answer.

And, BTW, no lawn at my house.

Last edited by BlindSpot; 08-28-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:16 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

at 42 I am half the age of the average corvette owner a

dont see many 82 yr olds plastidipping their C7 and wondering about future value.
Heck at that age I dont blame em if they dont (or cant) drive it they are still in the game and gives em a reason to wake up other than a crabby wife and some more fgn oatmeal.

. they already know the drill, btdt.

sometimes wonder, if for fun that proverbial 80 yr old doesnt start a troll thread once in awhile just to ignite the waxer ncrs guys hair

Last edited by cv67; 08-28-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:41 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Huncle J

Yes, I will get off your lawn now 😂
I agree with this. New members get bitched at for asking questions that have been asked before and also catch hell for searching and then resurrecting old threads. If people only asked new questions, this forum would be dead because they have all been asked before. It is the same people jumping on these guys every time. Why not just stay away from a thread if you don't like the topic?
Old 08-28-2017, 04:56 PM
JohnRogers
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by demon340
Glad they are getting cheaper! Just purchased a nice 07 for 16k, now if those hemi cudas would drop a few hundred thousand! The mopar sites are loosing members due to age, and little interest in younger people, also younger members there didnt get treated well since they could only get into lower end cars like darts or 4 doors so they end up leaving and joining Facebook groups.
Hell man I'm here because I can get a nice C5 or C6 for $5,000 to 10,000 less than a decent Demon or Duster 340. A car I can drive cross country!
Old 08-28-2017, 05:00 PM
JohnRogers
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by HBsurfer
I agree with this. New members get bitched at for asking questions that have been asked before and also catch hell for searching and then resurrecting old threads.
Truth!

If you Redwood Original types miss your old friends just go read the C7 forums.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:08 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

So, I have some questions!!! But I will do a little more research before I ask the stupid ones. Found the sticker inside the glovebox (Had no clue!) which lists a bunch of options. OK, when I get my window sticker from the NCM this question will be answered, but I can't wait, so here is my first question:

I have option CC3, which is roof panel, 1-piece transparent, removable. I do NOT have C2L option, which is the roof package. Does this mean the car came originally with only the clear (heavily tinted) roof? No body color roof? I was giving the dealer (Toyota dealer) grief about them not having the body colored roof. (2012 3LT Supersonic Blue coupe)

Last edited by PRNDL; 08-28-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

I agree with this. New members get bitched at for asking questions that have been asked before and also catch hell for searching and then resurrecting old threads. If people only asked new questions, this forum would be dead because they have all been asked before. It is the same people jumping on these guys every time. Why not just stay away from a thread if you don't like the topic?
You got it, HB, on all points.

And those despicable, deplorable, trashy losers who don't read the 420-page tome, cover-to-cover, called "The Owner's Manual," and then have the gall to post an innocent question here should be taken out back and shot.

Real Corvette owners come out of the womb knowing about the cable door-pulls, complete fob functions, customizing the HUD, etc.
HBsurfer (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 06:01 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette

dont see many 82 yr olds plastidipping their C7 and wondering about future value.
Heck at that age I dont blame em if they dont (or cant) drive it they are still in the game and gives em a reason to wake up other than a crabby wife and some more fgn oatmeal.

. they already know the drill, btdt.

sometimes wonder, if for fun that proverbial 80 yr old doesnt start a troll thread once in awhile just to ignite the waxer ncrs guys hair
Hey, I guess I'm a youngish 75, I PlastiDip the **** outa things and if you are not careful I'll spray you
I wax more than I drive admittedly but I enjoy it so I do it I try to do things that's are easily reversed mod wise for possible future sales, you never know when that perfect something or other will come around and I'll sell ole blue.
I admit I spend to much time on these forums but again I enjoy the guys and the banter, sometimes it gets too intense so welcome to the "ignore list" is my out pitch
Learned a lot on here also
NSF
Old 08-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Jeeeze ... I am kinda starting to feel bad that I was the one that started this thread !

Old 08-28-2017, 07:04 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

And then we have the best guy here, my buddy Bruze. It is fun to learn here but it is even better when you can laugh. Thanks Bruze for always keeping it entertaining!!!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:18 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Floridadutch
Congrats to anyone who is able to own a Corvette at any age. For me at 75 it was a dream car, it keeps me feeling younger, AND we, wife and I, don't want a nursing home to get the money. We were both educators, worked hard, saved, t[k extra jobs when possible, lived modestly, and realized you never see a Uhaul behind a gearse. We are loving are 17 Grand Sport convertible and pray we have
That is a beautiful car! Is that Sterling Blue ? Fantastic color! I saw one at Carlisle and chatted with the owner. I hadn't seen that color before. One or two slipped in and parked with the Carlisle Blue vettes (which are 2012 C6) because the color is very close to that rare (only 535 that color) one year only (2012) color.

Since you have a C7 you might not get a whole bunch of replies here in the C6 section. They still don't believe I own one, after 18 years of owning a 68 (C3).
Old 08-28-2017, 08:57 PM
Floridadutch
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Color

Originally Posted by PRNDL
That is a beautiful car! Is that Sterling Blue ? Fantastic color! I saw one at Carlisle and chatted with the owner. I hadn't seen that color before. One or two slipped in and parked with the Carlisle Blue vettes (which are 2012 C6) because the color is very close to that rare (only 535 that color) one year only (2012) color.

Since you have a C7 you might not get a whole bunch of replies here in the C6 section. They still don't believe I own one, after 18 years of owning a 68 (C3).
Blade Silver Metallic with 2 tone interior. I guess the sky or water is changing the photo. Thanks for the response.
PRNDL (08-28-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Notice how when these C6s get older & cheaper, the threads here get sillier

Old 08-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Hey, I guess I'm a youngish 75, I PlastiDip the **** outa things and if you are not careful I'll spray you
I wax more than I drive admittedly but I enjoy it so I do it I try to do things that's are easily reversed mod wise for possible future sales, you never know when that perfect something or other will come around and I'll sell ole blue.
I admit I spend to much time on these forums but again I enjoy the guys and the banter, sometimes it gets too intense so welcome to the "ignore list" is my out pitch
Learned a lot on here also
NSF
How much fun is waxing the lower part of the car? I'm younger than you, and if I'm cleaning or waxing the wheels I use a short stool from the house to sit on. Makes it WAY easier to get back up. Why does the law of gravity bother me more and more the older I get?

And then we have the best guy here, my buddy Bruze. It is fun to learn here but it is even better when you can laugh. Thanks Bruze for always keeping it entertaining!!!

Old 08-28-2017, 09:17 PM
Huncle J
Instructor

Originally Posted by Floridadutch
Congrats to anyone who is able to own a Corvette at any age. For me at 75 it was a dream car, it keeps me feeling younger, AND we, wife and I, don't want a nursing home to get the money. We were both educators, worked hard, saved, t[k extra jobs when possible, lived modestly, and realized you never see a Uhaul behind a gearse. We are loving are 17 Grand Sport convertible and pray we have [img]https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/2000x1504/80-20170822_110148_ed1f57fb4b1bdb4cfef7cad7 35657be85d0800fe.jpg
u Sir, are awesome! Hope u guys have plenty more years rockin the snot outta that c7!
BRussell (08-31-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 09:26 PM
Huncle J
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Jeeeze ... I am kinda starting to feel bad that I was the one that started this thread !

it's a good thread. I thought I was gonna get flamed for my comment (was a little salty and decided to do a bit of trollin) but there were some good responses! I just love talkin cars and learning, but I find myself stumbling back across the same threads as I continue to search. The other day I resorted to stalkin SpinMonster and was just reading all his posts (researchin for an eventual cam upgrade).

I really like my C6, but kinda miss the Subaru community. NASIOC is amazing. I was gonna start taking my questions to BBV on facebook to see if I got better/more helpful responses. But this thread has encouraged me not to bail (my last 2 attempts at threads here haven't been so successful...)

Last edited by Huncle J; 08-28-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Notice how when these C6s get older & cheaper, the threads here get sillier