C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* * Thinking of getting a C6 - Need Everyone's Feedback * *

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 10:54 PM
groran
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks like your going to run this car in California. I bought mine in Texas, long tube headers, cold air intake. sounded great, ran like a scalded dog. NONE of it was approved for Cali. If the items on the car aren't CARB approved, get ready to spend some money and a lot of your free time getting quotes to change all it. I just finally just got finished getting mine registered properly with Cali.
The following users liked this post:
Vette_Fan (08-29-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 12:39 PM
danzio56
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by groran
Looks like your going to run this car in California. I bought mine in Texas, long tube headers, cold air intake. sounded great, ran like a scalded dog. NONE of it was approved for Cali. If the items on the car aren't CARB approved, get ready to spend some money and a lot of your free time getting quotes to change all it. I just finally just got finished getting mine registered properly with Cali.
Just an observation but per the Carfax report that I posted in my earlier post this car has been in California since 2012.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:02 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by groran
Great point!!

Originally Posted by danzio56
Just an observation but per the Carfax report that I posted in my earlier post this car has been in California since 2012.
It's a CA car - but the seller said he got the exhaust changed not too long ago. He has owned the car for 2 years. Smog is required every 2 years - chances are he got all this done after the Smog was done. I guess, I'll have to have him Pass the smog first before we talk about exchanging anything. The new registration is due in Sep anyway.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:37 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by danzio56
I had a leftover subscription to Carfax as well as one more Compnine report I was able to run.

See attached Buildsheet from Compnine.

I've been looking to help somebody with the leftover Carfax subscription but knew if I just posted that I had a few available they would have very well gone to waste with people asking for reports on cars they weren't really ready to buy.

I hope these help in your decision and yes, it is a Z51 as you will see on the Buildsheet.

Good luck in your decision.

Dan
Dan, thanks so much for providing the piece of missing link. I know a lot of guys have been asking me to get the build codes from the sticker pasted inside the glove box. But I think you've already solved that issue and provided the Carfax report.

I read the carfax report - it has 7 owners, but mostly dealers. I am hoping someone will read the Attachments you provided and give feedback about the info given.

I think my original question + the info provided = analyzed feedback, which would truly be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Vette_Fan; 08-29-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Quick Reply: * * Thinking of getting a C6 - Need Everyone's Feedback * *