C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Estimated shipping time Enid, OK to east coast ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 09:00 PM
JEBmotorsport
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Estimated shipping time Enid, OK to east coast ?

Is there somebody who know about estimated time of time it take to ship car after you ordered shipping. I bought a Corvette C6 in Enid Oklahoma and the car will be shipped to the eastcoast for shipping to Europe, I dont know what port it will be sent to. The company that I use for shipping ordered freight to Norway 25 August and the wessel Tortugas has ETD 18 September to Europe. This was 3 weeks so I dont see any problems with that, but car still sists in garage in Oklahoma and is not picked up with carrier. So on Monday its only one week to the ship sails and car is still in garage in Enid. Does anybody think the carrier that I use has everything under control , I think the time is running very fast now for departure with that ship. Anybody with shipping experience who can answer me on this ?
Old 09-09-2017, 09:13 PM
65 Drivr
Drifting

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JEBmotorsport
Is there somebody who know about estimated time of time it take to ship car after you ordered shipping. I bought a Corvette C6 in Enid Oklahoma and the car will be shipped to the eastcoast for shipping to Europe, I dont know what port it will be sent to. The company that I use for shipping ordered freight to Norway 25 August and the wessel Tortugas has ETD 18 September to Europe. This was 3 weeks so I dont see any problems with that, but car still sists in garage in Oklahoma and is not picked up with carrier. So on Monday its only one week to the ship sails and car is still in garage in Enid. Does anybody think the carrier that I use has everything under control , I think the time is running very fast now for departure with that ship. Anybody with shipping experience who can answer me on this ?
Depends on where on the east coast but I think it would be 2 days or more depending on how many other stops the transporter might make along the way.
I would be calling the shipper dailey to find ouit what the hold up is.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:24 PM
JEBmotorsport
Instructor

Its an serious Norwegian based shipping agency that I have used before on several car but now I think the ETD was coming to fast. I called the Company, but the 3 person that could answer me nobody was at work, I will call back on Monday.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:36 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

You have shipped cars to Norway using this transport co. to get the cars to the port, right? If that's so, you have experience with them. Have they ever let you down? Did you tell them the date of departure of the ship, the time, the place, etc.? If they know, they understand they have to make it by that date---most likely a day or so before.

When you called, did you leave a message with all the information incl. the date the ship is sailing and from where? I'd say Monday is going to be your day to get things squared away! Good luck.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:43 PM
JEBmotorsport
Instructor

They do all the work with shipping and export. I just give the the adress to pick up car. I have used them before with good results. All the papers are ok , but the car is not picked up. so I must call Monday. Worst case scenario is other ship, but when you have purchased new car you want it as soon as possible.

Last edited by JEBmotorsport; 09-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:00 PM
65 Drivr
Drifting

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Good Luck

I hope it's not going to a port on the south east coast.
It will be delayed with the hurricane coming.
Good luck
Old 09-09-2017, 10:20 PM
JEBmotorsport
Instructor

I know about the hurricane, so the car is good there it is right now. They cant be so crazy send it to the south now.

Last edited by JEBmotorsport; 09-09-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:35 AM
JEBmotorsport
Instructor

I now know that the vehicle carrier Tortugas has to departure from Charleston to Europe 18 September. I see its bad weather forecast in the area an trough the country early next week but hope they who transport the car can reach the destination in Charleston safe before the ship sails the 18th.

Last edited by JEBmotorsport; 09-10-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Estimated shipping time Enid, OK to east coast ?

Quick Reply: Estimated shipping time Enid, OK to east coast ?