C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC/Stabilitrak WIN

Old 10-14-2017, 05:44 AM
Tyler Simpson
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC/Stabilitrak WIN

So usually I'm not a fan of drive by wire or traction progs, but today I truly feel it saved my a$$. It was raining here on i95 in Ft. Lauderdale, and as usual traffic was running around 60 mph rather than the usual 80 or so.
I'm cruising along with roughly 3 car lengths of space between me and the car in front of me, when a camry going WAY too fast for conditions cuts in front of me quickly and then slams on their brakes hard - camry goes twisty, and I slowed without panicking, but had to be kind of aggressive. After the camry finishes smashing into another car, yet another car overreacts and slides my way forcing me to swerve, kicking out the back end.
Before I knew it I was pointed towards the concrete wall but Stabilitrak/TC did it's job and I was able to straighten her back out more easily than I would've assumed and managed to not hit another car, get hit by another car, or hit the wall.
I have to say, as much as many of us get irritated with TC restricting us and butting in when we don't want it to, it's a blessing to have when we do need it because it's surprisingly good at what it does.
Also, snowbirds suck; "season" is starting here in S.Fla, and traffic is getting worse and worse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TC/Stabilitrak WIN