C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Corvette Convertible Specific Production Information?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 08:07 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostC6
I do not recall me asking or saying anything about it increasing value or making it worth more money. I believe I asked and was curious about production numbers and how it has some rare or limited options. So how come everyone is so bent out of shape about it selling or being worth more or less money when I never asked if it would be worth more or less money. I simply asked about production numbers and trying to narrow down or many others were made like it.

so please stay on topic!
And you got your answer in the first response. The information you are looking for does not exist as GM did not track it.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:04 AM
RichKiss
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
And you got your answer in the first response. The information you are looking for does not exist as GM did not track it.

He just didn't like the answer.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:22 AM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Actually some have been helpful and some offered good suggestions. Its the oters that are trolls and ****** that have to be an *** instead of helpful that ruin this forum.

And the reason I asked is apparently GM or someone must have kept better records in the past because I often here how cars are 1 of 6 and things like that so at some point they were able to narrow down production numbers better. Maybe it was due to lower production or better record keeping, not sure why but it just seems to me with all the technology they should be able to type in the search paremeters and generate an accurate number.

Regardless, the basis of my question is in regard to production numbers based on options and why they cannot say how many now but yet in the past they seem to have been able to. I figured record keeping would be better now than then but I guess not.

So again, to those that helped and offered suggestions thank you, I appreciate it.

To the others, if you cannot be helpful and stick to the topic, then just hit the back button, the arrow pointing left in case your confused, and just move on. People really dont want to read your irrelevant commentary just to make yourself feel important.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:31 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

To the others, if you cannot be helpful and stick to the topic, then just hit the back button, the arrow pointing left in case your confused, and just move on. People really dont want to read your irrelevant commentary just to make yourself feel important.
This is an Internet forum. Either get used to it, or buy some ulcer meds, because it's going to happen no matter how much you want to be the thread cop.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:50 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

...And the reason I asked is apparently GM or someone must have kept better records in the past because I often here how cars are 1 of 6 and things like that so at some point they were able to narrow down production numbers better...
I think you are comparing apples to apples and don't realize it. As a for instance:
Your car is one of 1 of 359 for paint and 1 of 85 for radio and you have been trying to find out how many of the 85 were Convertibles;
In 1967 there were 35 with heater/defroster delete and 20 with L88. If you have a car with h/d delete you have 1 of 35. If you have an L88 it's 1of 20. How many of the 20 were in convertibles? I don't believe that information is out there.
So...out of 10,644 2005 convertibles made in 2005 their are only 85 with your radio.
Be happy with that bit of trivia.
The following users liked this post:
GhostC6 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:07 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Default Last 2005 Coupe and Convertible VIN Numbers

Originally Posted by ruxvette
I think you are comparing apples to apples and don't realize it. As a for instance:
Your car is one of 1 of 359 for paint and 1 of 85 for radio and you have been trying to find out how many of the 85 were Convertibles;
In 1967 there were 35 with heater/defroster delete and 20 with L88. If you have a car with h/d delete you have 1 of 35. If you have an L88 it's 1of 20. How many of the 20 were in convertibles? I don't believe that information is out there.
So...out of 10,644 2005 convertibles made in 2005 their are only 85 with your radio.
Be happy with that bit of trivia.
Thanks man, I am glad a few of you understand.

For the posts that say it does not matter, it matters to me because I am curious. I do not care if it matters to you or anyone else, it is for my own knowledge, so yes, it does matter, just not to you so why bother to post.

And for those that say the information does not exist or I do not like the answer, there is more information out there you just have to find it, such as.

Last day of 2005 Production was 9-8-2005 not 8-22-2005 as I was first told by GM.

Also, the last 2005 coupe produced has the VIN 137372, the last Convertible to roll of the line has the VIN 137339, so that means that 1,893 Corvettes made after mine.

Also, there were a total of 160 80U Monterey Red Metallic Convertibles with Cashmere interior, Beige Top and automatic transmission produced in 2005.

The color 80U Red Jewel or Monterey Red was available for dealers to order that color starting on May 19 2005 and the last 80U Monterey Red Metallic Convertibles with Cashmere interior, Beige Top and automatic transmission produced was on 9-8-2005.

So as you can see, there is and was more information to be had, it just took a little effort and again, yes it matters, to me, if it does not matter to anyone else, that is fine, I am not trying to find out for them, I am doing it for me.

Again, those of you that were helpful and understand, thank you. At least I did find out for sure the last Coupe and Convertible VIN numbers so if anyone has those two VIN numbers, they grabbed the last two 2005 Corvettes produced, that I think is pretty cool.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:15 AM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

And it may be 1 of 1 with the colored top and if not, it is 1 of 1 that I own and in my garage, and that is what really matters.

Attached Images   
Old 09-22-2017, 09:58 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

And it may be 1 of 1 with the colored top and if not, it is 1 of 1 that I own and in my garage, and that is what really matters.
Beautiful car!
Curious where you got your info...it differs from what I found years back in the Black Book, Corvette Action Center, etc.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:20 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Beautiful car!
Curious where you got your info...it differs from what I found years back in the Black Book, Corvette Action Center, etc.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I got the other information from Betty Hardison at the Corvette Museum. She did some research and sent me an email with the information. She said that Chevrolet only keeps more detailed records for 3 years, after that they just keep basic information.

so if anyone wants data or production on their Corvette, you should try to get it before its 3 years old, after that it is not as easy or detailed. I could not do that because I purchased mine used after three years so I could not do that. Just an fyi.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:07 AM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Beautiful car!
Thanks again for the compliment. Unfortunately it is sitting higher than I want. Some of it in these photos is because I was launching so the weight is transferred to the rear making the front look higher than it really is. But it has Z06 wheels on it so it will allow the wider tires, the front tires with the Z06 wheels but the stock front tire size did not look right, you could tell the wheel was wider than the tire, so I bought wider tires for the front, they look great now, like that size belongs on the wheel. The only problem is when I hit a dip in the road or the suspension compresses, the tire hits the front fender liner.

To stop this I had to stiffen my adjustable shocks stiffer than I want and turn the ride height bolts up much higher than I want. I am going to get the stack tires for the front over the winter so I will have these new NITTO NT05 tires with less than 100 miles on them for sale I guess, the yellow lettering can be pulled off then cleaned with acetone if the person does not want them. It stinks I have to buy new tires to replace my new tires. The ride height before the tires I had about 3 inches between the front splitter and the ground and the front of the side skirts was about 3 inches. Now the front is almost 6 inches and the sides are like 5, not comfortable with it that high especially when going at high speeds. I am afraid too much air is going under the car and it may start to think it is an airplane instead of a car, so they have to go.

They are NITTO NT05 275/40/18 on the front, 305/35/19 rears. Once I go back to the smaller fronts I will be able to soften up my shocks when I go to the strip and transfer more weight to the back when I launch. I am hoping to do better next year. What sucks is my track is the Bristol Dragway and it has been really hot, really humid and the Density Altitude is very high so any Naturally Aspirated car will run a lot slower at that track, I mean like .500 to .800 slower. So my best run was a 13.003 on a stock car at this track, so at a cooler and lower altitude track it could be running 12.2 or a 12.5 at the most. It just stinks when you lose that much just because of track location.

I also read that if I were to change my rear gears from 3.15 to just 3.42 (I think that number is right) I can pick up another .500. So if what I have seen and been told, a simple gear change and a track change and it could be possible for my stock car to run between a 12.0 to an 11.8 which is crazy. I would have to actually change the gears and go to a cooler sea level track and run it before I would believe that.

Now none of this is me proclaiming facts, just what I have been told by tuners and NHRA drivers about how the Density Altitude and a gear change can make that much difference. So please do not bash me if this is not correct, I am not a Drag Racing GURU I am just going off of others experience.

But even with this, my thing is this, if I get beat by a car running 10.92 at the same track I am on, at the same day and time in the other lane, the same would go for him as far as the Density Altitude slowing him down so that is even more depressing which means still at my best I may run an 11.8, he would still be running maybe a 10.0 flat so I cannot say I may beat his at a sea level track because I would be faster, but so would he.

Ramble off.....lol
Old 07-15-2018, 05:55 AM
Justin Gray
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Ben
My '05 convertible, VIN 100139, has a build date of 6/04. It was a start of platform test and evaluation car (RPO-WD0) at Chevy headquarters.

Still want to talk about one of cars?
i'll talk about 1 off cars, I have a yellow LT4 convertible 6speed fully loaded with every option that was available in 96 and that is a 1 0f 4 then it was selected off the line as a documented 1 0f 1 to go to Greenwood and get there tune, wheels, interior, body kit, suspension, and exhaust done it's documented from Corvette, Greenwood, and the Corvette museum. Not to mention the car has 15,000 original miles and has been garage kept it's whole life, Greenwood would take 1 car off the line per year and take it to the factory to be fitted with the kit and everything else before they sold the kit to the public.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:04 AM
Justin Gray
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Justin Gray
i'll talk about 1 off cars, I have a yellow LT4 convertible 6speed fully loaded with every option that was available in 96 and that is a 1 0f 4 then it was selected off the line as a documented 1 0f 1 to go to Greenwood and get there tune, wheels, interior, body kit, suspension, and exhaust done it's documented from Corvette, Greenwood, and the Corvette museum. Not to mention the car has 15,000 original miles and has been garage kept it's whole life, Greenwood would take 1 car off the line per year and take it to the factory to be fitted with the kit and everything else before they sold the kit to the public.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:56 AM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Never liked that year, but, she is a beauty!
Old 07-15-2018, 04:08 PM
Justin Gray
3rd Gear

Never liked that year, but, she is a beauty!
I never did either but I couldn't pass it up.

Quick Reply: 2005 Corvette Convertible Specific Production Information?