C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear tie rod ends

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 10:19 AM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Default rear tie rod ends

I have had to replace the rear tie rods twice in three years mostly as a result of HPDE use of the car, is there a more reliable solution than the existing solution that is durable enough to last?
Old 08-24-2022, 12:49 PM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

I just saved this link for possible future use on my 2013 GS. Not sure this will help, but you might check this solution and/or contact the company for possible assistance with your question.

https://www.fdfraceshop.com/collecti...c6-rear-toearm

Good luck...GD
Old 08-24-2022, 01:28 PM
clearwaterms
Drifting

i also found this from LG: https://www.lgmotorsports.com/lg-mot...steer-kit.html
The design looks pretty similar with the one from FDraceshop but appear a bit more expensive and they claim they are in stock.

Last edited by clearwaterms; 08-24-2022 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:31 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,253 Likes on 916 Posts

Yes, check with LG Motorsports for their end links and tie rods. The end links and rods are racing quality and are almost indestructible in street and competition use. I installed mine several years ago and never looked back. After install you will also need to get an alinement.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:52 AM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Yes, check with LG Motorsports for their end links and tie rods. The end links and rods are racing quality and are almost indestructible in street and competition use. I installed mine several years ago and never looked back. After install you will also need to get an alinement.
will there be any issues getting these installed and setup by a qualified mechanic? I.E. do you need a bump steer gauge? also are they noisy for street use?
Old 08-26-2022, 12:38 PM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
well, i pulled the trigger on these, they are less expensive than the factory replacements (which are not available anyway) and the mechanic doing the install said he could set the bumpsteer and he is a spec Miata racer so i trust him.

Get notified of new replies

To rear tie rod ends

Quick Reply: rear tie rod ends