C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need info on 2013 Bose Nav radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 12:49 PM
Lew Shaw
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need info on 2013 Bose Nav radio

I have a 2010 GS Vert with a highly modified 2012 Bose Nav radio, with the 7 OEM 2010 Bose speakers, that I like very much. I have no desire to change to anything aftermarket. With that said, I understand that GM added 2 more speakers (9 total) for 2013. Can anyone tell me where these new speakers were located and if they can be added to the earlier 7 speaker system. As always, your input is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-23-2017, 02:27 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

A tweeter was added to each side of the dash. You would need to do some cutting on the dash. Not something I'd want to do.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Lew Shaw
I have a 2010 GS Vert with a highly modified 2012 Bose Nav radio, with the 7 OEM 2010 Bose speakers, that I like very much. I have no desire to change to anything aftermarket. With that said, I understand that GM added 2 more speakers (9 total) for 2013. Can anyone tell me where these new speakers were located and if they can be added to the earlier 7 speaker system. As always, your input is greatly appreciated!
So your saying you took a head unit out of a 2012 and put it in your 2010? If that's the case I don't think just changing your head unit will give you the results, there is more to it than that.

Bose Sound System for the 2012 Chevrolet Corvette

Bose has enhanced its sound system for the 2012 Chevrolet Corvette -- continuing the tradition of providing premium audio for the iconic sports car since 1983. Using proprietary analytic tools, digital signal processing and six channels of custom equalization, the Bose system is more precisely tuned for the unique acoustics of the Corvette’s interior –- and includes technologies to deliver more lifelike audio across the entire frequency range.

Rich low notes are delivered from newly designed, 10-inch proprietary Nd woofers. Engineered with a larger, neodymium magnet and improved materials, they can play deeper and louder than previous Nd woofers, and perform more consistently over time –- without taking up additional vehicle space.

Each Nd woofer is optimized to work with a tweeter and mid-range speaker to form a 3-way front speaker configuration reproducing music with improved clarity and a wider soundstage. A mid-range centerfill speaker, located in the instrument panel, creates a more precise center image. Two wide-range speakers, concealed in the side panels, add to the immersive listening experience. And even when played at loud volume levels, the system performs with precision and clarity –- and there is no audible distortion.

The Bose system for the Corvette features improved AudioPilot noise compensation technology. This helps to more precisely account for the effects of vehicle speed and preserve the listening experience when the Corvette is cruising on rough surfaces, where road and wind noise are most noticeable. Using a built-in microphone, Bose enhanced digital signal processing and proprietary compensation algorithms, Bose AudioPilot technology monitors the sound levels inside the vehicle, analyzes unwanted noise, and adjusts the music to reduce its effect. It’s automatic and allows for faster, more effective compensation.

The Bose system in the 2012 Chevrolet Corvette will be available as an option. For more information on Bose automotive systems and technologies visit www.Bose.com/automotive.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Lew Shaw
Instructor

Thanks, "EVRose", I would not modify the dash for a couple of tweeters. What I was told was that GM added 2 sub-woofers in 2013.

I think you misunderstood my post, "Oh Boy", I already have a fully functional and highly modified 2012 system (front & rear cameras, ports for my iPhone, iPod and iPad, etc., etc.) and I was looking for info on what was added for the 2013 system.

Last edited by Lew Shaw; 09-23-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Lew Shaw
Thanks, "EVRose", I would not modify the dash for a couple of tweeters. What I was told was that GM added 2 sub-woofers in 2013.

I think you misunderstood my post, "Oh Boy", I already have a fully functional and highly modified 2012 system (front & rear cameras, ports for my iPhone, iPod and iPad, etc., etc.) and I was looking for info on what was added for the 2013 system.
The system was upgraded in 2012 like the article says and the same system was used in 2013. When you said "I have a highly modified 2012 Bose/Nav" that would mean you somehow altered a oem unit. That's the way I took it.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Lew Shaw
Instructor

Oh Boy, you are correct. Apparently I had some bad information that said GM added 2 new sub-woofers to the 2013 Bose system. Thanks for your responses!

Get notified of new replies

To Need info on 2013 Bose Nav radio

Quick Reply: Need info on 2013 Bose Nav radio