C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle body removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 01:37 PM
grady
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

Default Throttle body removal

How do you remove the wiring harness from the throttle body?

Thanks

Old 09-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Malfeitor
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Take a couple pics of the connector with your cell phone. Zoom in on the connector pics looking for lock tabs. Not 100% on this connector, however most GM critical connectors like these are tang locked. I recall this one being on the FWD side in your pic. Take a small flat screwdriver and depress what looks like a square post or button and wiggle the connector gently to see which is moving and which is stationary. You'll see what it wants with some close inspection.

Pretty sure you won't need that big *** hammer in the bottom right of the pic, if that's what it is.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:21 PM
grady
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Malfeitor
Take a couple pics of the connector with your cell phone. Zoom in on the connector pics looking for lock tabs. Not 100% on this connector, however most GM critical connectors like these are tang locked. I recall this one being on the FWD side in your pic. Take a small flat screwdriver and depress what looks like a square post or button and wiggle the connector gently to see which is moving and which is stationary. You'll see what it wants with some close inspection.

Pretty sure you won't need that big *** hammer in the bottom right of the pic, if that's what it is.
The light gray piece on the right side of the connector slides fore and aft but I do not know what that is doing.

The pink clip with the wires can be unclipped but I need the entire black coupling removed.

I purchased another throttle body that has the male side of the black coupling so I need the coupling off the old one and not just the wires removed from the coupling.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:55 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,364 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by grady
The light gray piece on the right side of the connector slides fore and aft but I do not know what that is doing.

The pink clip with the wires can be unclipped but I need the entire black coupling removed.

I purchased another throttle body that has the male side of the black coupling so I need the coupling off the old one and not just the wires removed from the coupling.
Move the light gray piece out. It is a connector lock. Once it is extended as far as it goes (stops), then the connector should unplug. If you're talking about the ENTIRE black plug, male, female, that isn't going to be possible. The female part of the connector is part of the TB.

Last edited by BlindSpot; 09-23-2017 at 04:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
grady (09-23-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 08:36 PM
grady
Melting Slicks

Thanks, Blindspot.

I did not know that light gray piece actually came off. I was just sliding it back and pinched and pulled and nothing moved.

Once that piece came off the coupling came right out.

Get notified of new replies

To Throttle body removal

Quick Reply: Throttle body removal