C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gator Glass

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:21 AM
rhoyvald
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

See the beauty of my mods (with the exception of the racing stripes - and I am sure some hate the racing stripes too) is they come with an on/off switch. So I thought these fit the bill too...off - plain jane vert...on - 'Full Ricer mode' as some have indicated - LOL

I also have some performance mods as well so its not all one sided.

BTW - I get a ton of compliments and like rice too!
Old 09-27-2017, 11:35 AM
JDebler
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 135 Posts

Man, this is a nutty thread.

1) OP, yup, it is your car and you should do whatever you do to make you feel good when you open the garage door. I think it is cool that you ask for opinions to help you make the decision and you don't get all uptight about people who differ in the opinions presented...even when they are curt or humorous about those opinions. Which leads me to...

2) I wish the rest of the world could be the same.
"Hey...I think this way."
"Oh yeah? Well I think differently."
"Interesting. Let's live and let live."
"Ok."

Personally, if someone sees an image of asian dudes in asia while sitting on their asian cars with asian styling having fun eating asian food for a humorous photo and can find racial issue with it, that's their problem, not mine because they have to stretch to find the fault and have to try even harder to blame the rest of the world for it.

So everyone sing it with me...

3) ¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸ I'd like to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony..." ¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸

Okay, enough of that.

4) I shave my head every summer and grow it back in the fall. It is extremely liberating, comfortable during the hot months and is low maintenance. I actually wish I was naturally bald.

(Sorry...slow day at work.)
The following 2 users liked this post by JDebler:
Don-Vette (09-28-2017), rhoyvald (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 12:12 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by zzjakect
WOAH! Very eloquent. I tend to agree.. I was trying to make statement on the state of our current culture. You are right! But it could be misconstrued or twisted to be racist. It is the state we now live in. Very sad. And I am as off topic as you are. But that doesn't matter much.
Hahaha...I don't know about eloquent..I was thinking verbose. I understood what you were doing. In our current state of the state, holding the door open for a woman can be considered an insult. I am sure many of us insult people everyday, one way or another.
The following users liked this post:
zzjakect (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 12:20 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

My hairbrush in my center console melted so the point is kinda moot ...
Old 09-27-2017, 01:35 PM
rhoyvald
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JDebler

1) OP, yup, it is your car and you should do whatever you do to make you feel good when you open the garage door. I think it is cool that you ask for opinions to help you make the decision and you don't get all uptight about people who differ in the opinions presented...even when they are curt or humorous about those opinions. Which leads me to...

2) I wish the rest of the world could be the same.
"Hey...I think this way."
"Oh yeah? Well I think differently."
"Interesting. Let's live and let live."
"Ok."

Personally, if someone sees an image of asian dudes in asia while sitting on their asian cars with asian styling having fun eating asian food for a humorous photo and can find racial issue with it, that's their problem, not mine because they have to stretch to find the fault and have to try even harder to blame the rest of the world for it.

So everyone sing it with me...

3) ¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸ I'd like to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony..." ¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸

Okay, enough of that.

4) I shave my head every summer and grow it back in the fall. It is extremely liberating, comfortable during the hot months and is low maintenance. I actually wish I was naturally bald.

Slow day at work for me as well and I knew I would get the 'Ricer' feedback from what I have read on this forum. It's no big deal...no reason to get mad about it. There are plenty of people on this forum and all have different opinions...some are constructive and others are not and like you said its my car. When I open the garage door both me and my son's face light up

After all it's still a Corvette!

Last edited by rhoyvald; 09-27-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by JDebler

Yes, that is what I tell people, only mine is short year 'round.

Daily maintenance for my head consists of a toothbrush and paste, and a washcloth and soap.

I cut my hair every 2 weeks.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:53 PM
zzjakect
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by rhoyvald
See the beauty of my mods (with the exception of the racing stripes - and I am sure some hate the racing stripes too) is they come with an on/off switch. So I thought these fit the bill too...off - plain jane vert...on - 'Full Ricer mode' as some have indicated - LOL

I also have some performance mods as well so its not all one sided.

BTW - I get a ton of compliments and like rice too!
Rice-a-Roni is the only one for me.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

FWIW: When I checked that link yesterday, all I saw was motorcycle stuff.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze
FWIW: When I checked that link yesterday, all I saw was motorcycle stuff.
I did too but after a bit of digging found the car stuff. It's interesting and looks quite impressive if you are into that sort of thing and more power to you.

I already have an illuminated Wind Restictor so heck, if I had their equipment mounted front, back and down both sides combined with lighting underneath that illuminates the road underneath the car I might be able to be in the "Electric light parade" at Disneyland.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:18 AM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by 919cw313
I guess it depends on what's considered a mod. To me, "mods" should improve performance, aesthetics, or ergonomics.
Tennessee go-fasters and rice **** are just tacky decorations.
To me a mod should be up to the guy that paid for the car.

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
[QUOTE a majority in this site are opposed to mods
Not sure where you get that idea, as we are talking about a single, specific mod, which most on here do not like.[/QUOTE]

Haha If I had a nickle each time I saw "ricer" in a CF mod thread, I could make Forbes list of wealthiest people.

Last edited by 1rusty1; 09-28-2017 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:08 AM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

Who said he can't mod his car? Geeze. People can make something out of nothing in a hurry. If he want's to help guide airplanes to the runway with his car, GO AHEAD! What's stopping you?

I'm not all "Politically Correct" but you gotta stop posting this picture. Yeah it is funny. But Borderline anti-Asian. I know its meant as a joke, but if you posted this at Berkley...
This isn't Berkley and none of us are running for office. So get out of here with that bullshit! Ya *****
The following 2 users liked this post by LoganExplosion:
Bruze (09-28-2017), Don-Vette (09-29-2017)

Quick Reply: Gator Glass