C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Sport Pro

Old 10-19-2017, 09:19 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Let's hear the sound clip with drone.
I got rid of that years ago. Don't believe everything you hear on the internet. You obviously have no idea.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:06 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
I got rid of that years ago. Don't believe everything you hear on the internet. You obviously have no idea.
Where did I say anything about the Internet? I'm speaking from real world experience.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Don't bother arguing with Ed. He knows everything and you're an idiot for challenging his superior intellect.

Notice how he says "speaking from real world experience" (meaning, his own) to validate himself and his opinions, but when someone else says the same thing (like me - I had Corsa Sports with XYZ mods and my car droned HORRIBLY) he calls you out as a liar and to prove it.

Hypocrites annoy the hell out of me.

And Ed, if you know anything about drone, you know it's not about SOUND. It's about RESONANCE. You can't "record" drone. Video devices and phones can only record sound levels, not resonance. That super low hum and pounding you feel in your ear drums when the car drones? Ya, you can't record that. Believe me, I've tried. I made a few videos and posted them on my Youtube channel. Nothing comes across in the videos, and I have high quality recording equipment.

So please, just respect others' REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE (your words) with Corsa's and drone and stop making them out to be liars.

(And no one here is saying drone is prevalent with Corsa's. For MOST cars and MOST setups, Corsa's have no drone and work perfectly. But for some, like me, they are just as bad as any other system out there due to the specific mods I have.)

Last edited by Must_Have_Z; 10-20-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:17 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

One more thumbs up for the Corsa Sports here! My only complaint is that they are a bit pricey. I've had B&B Bullets and SLP Loudmouth, so I know what real drone is, lol!
Old 10-20-2017, 01:01 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Where did I say anything about the Internet? I'm speaking from real world experience.
This is the perfect example of why I started avoiding the Corvette Forum. Some people THINK they know it all. You can take this any way you wish......believe it or not you DON'T know as much as you wish you knew.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:05 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Must_Have_Z
Don't bother arguing with Ed. He knows everything and you're an idiot for challenging his superior intellect.

Notice how he says "speaking from real world experience" (meaning, his own) to validate himself and his opinions, but when someone else says the same thing (like me - I had Corsa Sports with XYZ mods and my car droned HORRIBLY) he calls you out as a liar and to prove it.

Hypocrites annoy the hell out of me.

And Ed, if you know anything about drone, you know it's not about SOUND. It's about RESONANCE. You can't "record" drone. Video devices and phones can only record sound levels, not resonance. That super low hum and pounding you feel in your ear drums when the car drones? Ya, you can't record that. Believe me, I've tried. I made a few videos and posted them on my Youtube channel. Nothing comes across in the videos, and I have high quality recording equipment.

So please, just respect others' REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE (your words) with Corsa's and drone and stop making them out to be liars.

(And no one here is saying drone is prevalent with Corsa's. For MOST cars and MOST setups, Corsa's have no drone and work perfectly. But for some, like me, they are just as bad as any other system out there due to the specific mods I have.)
I've debated this for years but of course if someone makes a blanket statement on the internet it most certainly must be true.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:13 PM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have cross sports cutback currently they are attached to the stock mid-pip and stock headers. I don't hear anything that resembles drone - at any RPM. They are quiet at cruising speed but make some nice noise when getting on it.

Eventually, I'll get some headers and. mid-pipe added, but I like them and would purchase again.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:09 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bhoch
I have cross sports cutback currently they are attached to the stock mid-pip and stock headers. I don't hear anything that resembles drone - at any RPM. They are quiet at cruising speed but make some nice noise when getting on it.

Eventually, I'll get some headers and. mid-pipe added, but I like them and would purchase again.
With the stock configuration I doubt there would ever be any drone. Whenever you start making drastic alterations all bets are off.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:26 PM
lwise4
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 1pt4brd
Who has these and are you pleased with them? More specifically, any drone at highway speeds? Chip, I know your opinion so let others weigh in. Love the start up and exceleration but just do not want drone.

I have you tubed this to death. Never find the highway speed sound.

Thanks.
I just bought a 09 Convertible. I picked the car up in Alabama and drove it to Nashville. It has Corsa's on it but I do not know which model? The installation instructions were with the car but they cover all models.

I can tell you this, my last Vette was a 08 Convertible with NBB exhaust and I left it open all the time. The Corsa's did not make any more noise or drone than the NBB! Of course the NBB closed was much more quiet! I looked all over the back of my Corsa's and I saw no markings, I did not crawl underneath.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:36 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by lwise4
I just bought a 09 Convertible. I picked the car up in Alabama and drove it to Nashville. It has Corsa's on it but I do not know which model? The installation instructions were with the car but they cover all models.

I can tell you this, my last Vette was a 08 Convertible with NBB exhaust and I left it open all the time. The Corsa's did not make any more noise or drone than the NBB! Of course the NBB closed was much more quiet! I looked all over the back of my Corsa's and I saw no markings, I did not crawl underneath.
If the cans are oval they're Sport or touring with the Corsa mid pipe (I'm pretty sure they dropped Touring) if round they're Xtreme.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:40 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Great exhaust system. Sounds great (very Ferrari though so be aware), lighter than my stock duel mode, clearly of higher quality SS, and makes more power too (but not much more).

The issue I have is I genuinely wish it was quieter when I was full throttle. With catted headers and the roof off it is freakin' ear splitting loud.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

And my stock dual mode droned horribly with OEM exhaust system if open.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:22 PM
lwise4
Burning Brakes

Default Corsa

If the cans are oval they're Sport or touring with the Corsa mid pipe (I'm pretty sure they dropped Touring) if round they're Xtreme.
I guess that you would call them round?
Old 10-20-2017, 05:08 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by lwise4
I guess that you would call them round?
Those cans are oval, not the tips. You've got Sport cans. I probably should say cans are the muffler part.

Last edited by saplumr; 10-20-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:48 PM
lwise4
Burning Brakes

Those cans are oval, not the tips. You've got Sport cans. I probably should say cans are the muffler part.
GOTCHA! The mufflers are definitely OVAL! Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corsa Sport Pro