C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Fob On -Off

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 07:58 PM
Slick Rick
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default No Fob On -Off

Recently when shutting my car off I get this message. No fob on-off. All the times I have got the message my fob was in my pocket. Does it with both fobs and both fobs have new batteries. With my past experience with electrical and Corvettes this usually means something is about to take a crap. Can somebody enlighten me on the problem. Or is it a problem and something they just do?
Old 10-25-2017, 08:08 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Your fob is not being detected when you shut down. Try the other pocket maybe.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:14 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by EVRose
Your fob is not being detected when you shut down. Try the other pocket maybe.
Something in the same pocket with the fob was blocking the fob signal to the car.

A remote possibility is an item plugged into the electrical outlet in the console, or a strong electronic field near the outside of the car.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:24 PM
nick14003
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick Rick
Recently when shutting my car off I get this message. No fob on-off. All the times I have got the message my fob was in my pocket. Does it with both fobs and both fobs have new batteries. With my past experience with electrical and Corvettes this usually means something is about to take a crap. Can somebody enlighten me on the problem. Or is it a problem and something they just do?
If it's in your left pocket hanging low sometimes it doesn't get detected. It's just warning you that you don't have a fob and if you shut it off you won't be able to turn it back on.

Keep your keys in your right pocket.

Problem solved
Old 10-26-2017, 10:51 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by nick14003
If it's in your left pocket hanging low sometimes it doesn't get detected. It's just warning you that you don't have a fob and if you shut it off you won't be able to turn it back on.

Problem solved
But then there's the possible problem (or so I've read) with the fob in right pocket, when you get out and close the door the car may "see" it and give you the dreaded three horn beeps, thinking you closed the door with the fob still inside.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:24 PM
Slick Rick
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nick14003

Problem solved
Ive had the car almost a year, always in my left pocket. Never a problem till now. Does it anywhere I go at random. Personally with all the electrical problems Ive have with the Corvettes Ive owned Im leaning to believe the RCDLR is about to take a dump.....
Old 10-27-2017, 02:21 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Ive had the car almost a year, always in my left pocket. Never a problem till now. Does it anywhere I go at random. Personally with all the electrical problems Ive have with the Corvettes Ive owned Im leaning to believe the RCDLR is about to take a dump.....
My wife regularly gets the No Fob Detected message since she like to stow her fanny pack in the compartment below the Tonneau cover behind the seat prompting her to have to get out again to retrieve the fob.

I've never had a problem no matter which pants or jacket pocket I have the fob in.

Last edited by Icecap; 10-27-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:27 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 899 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze
But then there's the possible problem (or so I've read) with the fob in right pocket, when you get out and close the door the car may "see" it and give you the dreaded three horn beeps, thinking you closed the door with the fob still inside.
Always use right pocket, never get 3 beeps, never had no fob warning. But these beasts are all different.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:36 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

I'm leaning to believe your new fob batteries are not as new as they should be. You never know how long they were sitting before you bought them. Replace them again with a different brand and see what happens.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_gallup
Always use right pocket, never get 3 beeps, never had no fob warning. But these beasts are all different.
Ha, you said it.

My fob is always in my left pocket and I've never had either of the above issues.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:18 PM
JJLAI724
Pro

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Change the FOB batteries first.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:52 PM
nick14003
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze
You are absolutely right... and I had both issues... I ended up disabling the fob reminder and just keep the keys in my right... that seems to be the only solution.

Get notified of new replies

To No Fob On -Off

Quick Reply: No Fob On -Off