C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Panels...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 09:42 AM
JsC6
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Roof Panels...

I needed a roof panel for my car and found Thompson Astro Tops in Florence, Alabama. They were very knowledgable and a friendly crew. I thought all tops were the same - they are in fact, not. There are different materials and different applications. This sounds like an advertisement, but after being disappointed with so many different vendors and shops over the years for different things - I wanted to tell about the great experience with these guys. They can be found at, astrotops.com or Florence, Alabama. A great deal is whatever the customer perceives as a great deal. - I left there feeling the money I spent was worth it. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:17 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

So what did you buy there?
Old 11-15-2017, 11:25 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
So what did you buy there?
Old 11-16-2017, 12:39 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts

Uhhh, They don't even list C6 tops. C3, C4, C5 only
Old 11-20-2017, 04:30 PM
JsC6
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sorry. I bought a C6 top. They have dozens of them. Many, many colors.

Sorry. I bought a C6 top. They have dozens of them. Many, many colors.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by JsC6
Sorry. I bought a C6 top. They have dozens of them. Many, many colors.
More details? You purchased a body color top? What color? Do they have clear tops? About how much $$$$ are we talking?
Old 11-21-2017, 01:16 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Fyi, but in colored hard tops, GM just sends them out primed only to the dealers, and they get color match to the car they are going to be installed on.

My roof was under recall for replacement (second go around, with just a re-glue on the first recall), and when the dealer got the new top to replace the old one a few years ago, it had to be painted to match the color of my car.

If the dealer or someone else is stocking hard roofs that are already painted, then either they themselves to have ready, or may be just recall tops that they bought from someone else instead (hope that is not the case, but they state "WE Buy 1978 - Present Rebuildable Cores", which is scary in a hard top since GM replaced the tops on the older vets since the had glue problems to start with,and even the first recall of re-gluing them did not solve the problem; with the tops being replaced in the last few year of go arounds instead).

As for the transparent tops, that is how they come direct from Gm to the factory instead.

So really, sounds like you bought a recalled roof (that was replaced on another vet) that they go a hold of somehow, and good luck if it does not have problems down the road instead .

Last edited by Dano523; 11-21-2017 at 01:27 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Roof Panels...

Quick Reply: Roof Panels...