C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav Radio Factory Resets Between Uses

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Swad
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nav Radio Factory Resets Between Uses

I have run into an issue with my 2008 base model coup with it's navigation radio. Between driving sessions, it reboots back to factory defaults (ie: time zone swaps back to EST, any playback functions reset such as random track playback, etc.). It does this if the car is turned off and it sits for, say, 5-7+ minutes. I only mention the latter because it won't necessarily reset if I get back in within about 5ish minutes after shutting it off.

Any clues what I may need to look into? The battery seems OK and I had it tested a couple months back after it had gone dead from sitting a few weeks. They said it was fine in the test, though. The car starts fine and the engine turns over fine when starting it. I've noticed no other issues with the car, so this one has me stumped. Any ideas?
Old 11-18-2017, 06:20 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

ck fuses
Old 11-19-2017, 12:18 PM
Swad
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I checked a fuse on the passenger side fuse box that was indicated in the owner's manual as radio. It looked just fine. Is there some other fuse that affects something else pertaining to the radio? Should I be pulling all fuses and checking them?

Last edited by Swad; 11-19-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Yellow95
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the same issue with my 2008 Z06.

It loses Time Zone, nav region, nav presets. Preset radio stations are not forgotten. It started to lose them "sometimes", but now it is all the time.

I am starting to look for a place that can fix the unit.

Other than forgetting stuff the unit works fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Nav Radio Factory Resets Between Uses

Quick Reply: Nav Radio Factory Resets Between Uses