C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moved to GA, Need a shop

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 11:16 AM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Moved to GA, Need a shop

Hey guys, moved from NY to Cumming, GA.
My Z's fan stopped working and the car only beeped to notify me once it was at 260 degrees. I pulled over and let it cool down immediately. No smoke, no leaks. Once it cooled off enough went home, checked the fuse and it looked fine. Also turned on AC to test and still nothing.

I need a local shop in GA, preferably close to Ex 13 on the 400.
Anyone know a shop down here?
Old 11-26-2017, 12:22 PM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-HEC*
Hey guys, moved from NY to Cumming, GA.
My Z's fan stopped working and the car only beeped to notify me once it was at 260 degrees. I pulled over and let it cool down immediately. No smoke, no leaks. Once it cooled off enough went home, checked the fuse and it looked fine. Also turned on AC to test and still nothing.

Welcome to GA.

The only places I know of (I have not been to any of these) is:

Rick Hendrick (a large corvette dealer)
Buy-a-Vette (an exclusive used corvette dealer)
Vengeance Racing

There are a number of corvette clubs in the area you might contact one of them. Caffeine and Octane is at Perimeter Mall the first Sunday of the month, there are a ton of people there you could ask for an opinion.
The following users liked this post:
Z06-HEC* (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 12:46 PM
bokyo1987
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Spartan LSX in Auburn, GA and Vengeance Racing in Cumming.

I have bought parts from Vengeance Racing and had Josh @SpartanLSX spec/build/tune my current Vette. Both shops provide top notch service.

MTI Racing is also close by in Marietta, but I dont have first-hand experience dealing with them.

Welcome and good luck!

Last edited by bokyo1987; 11-26-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:49 PM
PaulEddie
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Found out today that David has left Jim Ellis Chevy in Atlanta. This leaves NO CORVETTE TECHS AT THIS DEALERSHIP.

For those who know David or have used him for their Vette service, I will try and find out where he went and a phone number too.

Another dealership that let one of the best all-around Vette techs and Vette endorsers get away. Shame on you Jim Ellis!!!!!!!

Later All

Found David: He is at the CORVETTE PERFORMANCE located in Canton Georgia. Phone him at (770) 609-4242
Old 11-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

Thanks guys! Loving GA so far!
Old 11-27-2017, 09:11 AM
0Josh@SpartanLSX
Former Vendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Give us a call any time. We'll be more than happy to help. From the sounds of your location, Vengeance might be closer but I do know due to their scheduling they don't have a lot of time for smaller jobs these days. Totally understandable as we get that way ourselves from time to time.

Either way, you have some good choices here in Georgia. Welcome to the South, where there's no such thing as winter!
Z06-HEC* (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 03:38 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

It was a pleasure talking with you today. Welcome to Georgia! We look forward to working with you.

Last edited by Daniel@Vengeance; 11-27-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Z06-HEC* (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Naldinator
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
It was a pleasure talking with you today. Welcome to Georgia! We look forward to working with you.
You already talked to them but I will chime in late.

You cannot find a better group of guys than Vengeance. Just make sure to stop by and bother David all day. He enjoys it.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:55 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

I drive from Alabama to come to Vengeance Racing.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Naldinator
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

p.s. in Atlanta it is just "400".

Everyone will look at you funny if you put THE in front of the highway names here.

You need to roll down to caffeine and octane on the 1st Sunday of every month.

Or hit up the Toys 4 tots cruise/show on the 16th in Alpharetta.
The following 2 users liked this post by Naldinator:
Innovate (04-01-2018), Z06-HEC* (11-27-2017)
Old 03-30-2018, 05:25 PM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

So where do GA guys go for small items?
Vengence and Spartan are booked for months out. I have been checking since I moved here and thats the answer always, 3 months out.

I am currently using the car as a daily, so I kinda need a saturday in and out service.
Small items, HUD is outta view, driver door button doesnt always work, and my toe/camber is out of whack all a sudden... Big item i need done is install the relay for the 2 step portion of my lingenfelter box. Need the relay and wiring installed and configured.

Anyone have recommendations on where to go.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:51 AM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Vengence and Spartan are booked for months out. I have been checking since I moved here and thats the answer always, 3 months out.

I am currently using the car as a daily, so I kinda need a saturday in and out service.
Small items, HUD is outta view, driver door button doesnt always work, and my toe/camber is out of whack all a sudden... Big item i need done is install the relay for the 2 step portion of my lingenfelter box. Need the relay and wiring installed and configured.

This is a tough one. I do 100% (at least so far) of my own work, not bragging just setting the tone here.

Parts are easy ... Amazon ... Cultrag ... GM direct ... you'll find references all over the forum.

Having work done ... Almost everyone will have great and horrible reviews with justifications for both. There are a few great shops but they tend to be expensive. My recommendation is to join a corvette club and show up at a "meet" such as Caffine and Octane and ask people.

If it was me I'd try to fix my own HUD and especially the door button. Not all that hard and you'll gain confidence and not be dependent on a "shop". Ask here on the form and you'll get all the advice you need and some you don't but that's the nature of a forum.
Z06-HEC* (04-01-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 09:34 PM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 117 Posts

I have three Corvettes and the mechanics at North Point Chevrolet are excellent. I would not go anywhere else. I'm picky and I trust them and never have been disappointed. I bought my last C7 there as well. Tim is an extremely knowledgable service advisor and knows a lot about these cars.
They are off GA 400 and Mansell Road.

Last edited by c6miller; 03-31-2018 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Forgot
Old 03-31-2018, 11:55 PM
Topdown12
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

try lsx atlanta llc 12 mill st. canton ga .30114. phone. 1 678 880 9237 ask for max.
Z06-HEC* (04-01-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 09:18 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Nemesis Racing in Enoree, SC is open near the end of April and Tick Performance in NC is another idea. There are a ton of smaller guys, you just have to search. Also, there is an RPM Corvette shop in NC. Not to be confused with RPM in Delaware. A ton of guys are booked months out and for your issues being electrical find a dealer, that should work better for you.

Also, this is the south. Do not put "the" in front of interstate names. We have I77/I20/I95/I26. It is "I" instead of "the."

Last edited by Innovate; 04-01-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Z06-HEC* (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 07:26 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

I apologize that we could not accommodate an earlier date. Our back log is further out than ever due to our highest volume seen on builds (thank God for a good economy). However our focus is really in performance related work, so many of your needs are a bit outside of our scope. I would recommend calling Buy A Vette in Atlanta as their service department handles most all of these needs and does a great job for many of our customers.
Z06-HEC* (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Ssnobrakes
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I live in Alpharetta/Roswell not far from 400. I recently used Buy A Vette service for a new Harmonic Balancer and was very happy with their pricing and service. They are right off I-85 and Chamblee Tucker road. Only about a 35 minute drive from Cumming. Kevin is the manager . They do everything from oil changes to restorations there. Their sales lot is across the highway from the service center. Lots of nice cars for sale at the sales lot. The service center doesn't look like much, but go downstairs to the shop area and it is very impressive.
Z06-HEC* (04-05-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Moved to GA, Need a shop

Quick Reply: Moved to GA, Need a shop