C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports and why WE RACE...YOU WIN

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:01 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default LG Motorsports and why WE RACE...YOU WIN

Folks, What makes our saying--"We Race--You Win"--a true statement rather than just a PR saying?

Here is a sample of what made LG Motorsports a leader in the Corvette world. We have been innovating in every form of racing that LG tackled.
Our history is the reason we are confident in our products and our Legacy in the Corvette aftermarket "Go Fast" world. Check this out -- Lou Gigliotti:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok Gang, here are some pictures from almost every year that LG raced from 1972. I am getting tired just thinking about all the work that it took to do this much racing over the years.

Have a look at what we did to make LG Motorsports what it is today and consider LG for your next Performance upgrade, track car build or full race car build.

* First photo 1972 Nelson ledges win, with long hair, to start off all this insane journey.

* Then 1973 Pocono win with the TR3. Then the Scirocco in 1976 second in championship.

* Datsun 510 at Mosport Bulova pro race,
* 1975 Super Vee Lola, then a bunch of Zink Super Vees including two in 78 & 79 that I built in my own shop. -- I was a Math Teacher but quit to race in 74 when we got a sponsor from 74-77.

* Quit racing long enough to get married and have 2 kids-- then --

* The first full season in Texas was the Corvette challenge (See #12 and #2 Bosch cars) which led to around 25 years of racing based in Texas. Who would have thought?

* 1988-89 corvette Challenge,
* 1990 World Challenge Corvette, we continued in World Challenge in
* 91,92,93,94,95,96,97 winning 3 championships, 25 races and 25 pole positions. Plenty of 2nd place championships in World Challenge as well.

* Trans Am Series in 98-2002 with 4 earlier TA races in 1991. Winning Lime Rock GP in 1998 and the Long beach GP in 2001.
* One Grand Am win at Daytona at the Paul Revere 250 in 2002 --

Tragedy struck in 2001 when my team mate was killed in a TA race. It almost made me leave racing.

* The blue ford #24 is a ASA car at Brainerd Mn at a road race where we were bumping bumpers with Kenny Schrader for first place!

* Then back to World Challenge in 2004 till 2007 where my son Louis was named Crew Chief of the year in 2006 and we finished 2nd in the Championship. >> Great season until they made us add 190 pounds to our car and we lost the championship by 1 point >> :-( Politics in racing ?? No....

* Then ALMS in 2008-09 which was a totally political season but we did out qualify GM Factory Vettes in 09 at Petit LeMans. GM Stopped us from going to LeMans in 08 and 09. Still wondering about their logic but they did go Bankrupt in 09 so it fit.

* Next, a season of Grand Am in 2010 for 2 paying drivers -fast but no wins
* then back to World Challenge in 2013 in a Camaro (no wins)
* next, 2015- Aston Martin winning the Road America World Challenge race that year!

* The two flame exhaust photos are from the new TA2 trans am car that we only raced once this year.

* Our latest car is the Red Drag C7 & 1/2 mile car with 1500 hp and should do 200mph+ in the standing 1/2 mile. We ripped the transmission to shreds on our first attempt but we will be back.

* Next we are entered in a “Tuner’s Challenge” this January in Florida. Should be fun.

Thanks and see you at the races!!

I am out of breath just looking at all these cars!

NOW on to build our new LG Track here north of Dallas.

LG Motorsports Park ———Where we won’t get any tickets!
“Drive fast, drive Safe, drive Legal”

please consider the expertise that we have to put into your Corvette
Thanks,
Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
972-429-1963

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 11-29-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:58 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 881 Likes on 572 Posts

Oh man. I remember when a lot of those cars were new. Cool to see what appears to be a Zink SV. Anyway, congrats on a varied and successful career. Is the track pretty much on schedule?

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports and why WE RACE...YOU WIN