C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BCM replaced on 09

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Faslane
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Default BCM replaced on 09

Hello, I have done a search and read a lot about my issue but could not find the same symptoms, I have a 09 base automatic, the BCM got wet, went to the dealership and bought a brand new one. the issues are it starts without foot on brake, will not come out of park, brake lights stay on all the time, and as far as codes i have a crank relearn, and on the message center I have the service stability and service stabilitrack, also when you turn the headlights on they will barley flicker almost like a strobe for 2 seconds then nothing, take the fuse out for the low beams still do the same and relay is closed? high beam, turn signals all work. If you take the fuse out for the stop lamps and they stay on, took the stop lamp relay out from the passenger foot well, the brake lights stay on? the only fuse you can pull to cut the brake lights off is the 30 amp for " BATT 5", also it will open back up the relay for low beams when that fused removed, the brake lights do not work at all when BATT 5 fuse is removed. I have done ALL grounds under hood per searching internet, I have cleaned and cleaned all connectors at BCM and add dialectical grease. new red top batt, new brake light switch, it is charging, runs great sounds great every other accessories and gauges work flawlessly, I had a idea maybe i got a bad or wrong BCM so i bought one off ebay from a 09 with exact part # and it does the exact same thing? every symptom is the same. It seams to me there may be another module bad somewhere? or ground may be especially since both BCM do exact the same? Anyone have any ideas on another module or a certain ground? And what does the BATT 5 fuse supply power to? what ever it supplies power to, my problem may be in that area?
Thanks in advance
Lane
Old 12-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Faslane
Hello, I have done a search and read a lot about my issue but could not find the same symptoms, I have a 09 base automatic, the BCM got wet, went to the dealership and bought a brand new one. the issues are it starts without foot on brake, will not come out of park, brake lights stay on all the time, and as far as codes i have a crank relearn, and on the message center I have the service stability and service stabilitrack, also when you turn the headlights on they will barley flicker almost like a strobe for 2 seconds then nothing, take the fuse out for the low beams still do the same and relay is closed? high beam, turn signals all work. If you take the fuse out for the stop lamps and they stay on, took the stop lamp relay out from the passenger foot well, the brake lights stay on? the only fuse you can pull to cut the brake lights off is the 30 amp for " BATT 5", also it will open back up the relay for low beams when that fused removed, the brake lights do not work at all when BATT 5 fuse is removed. I have done ALL grounds under hood per searching internet, I have cleaned and cleaned all connectors at BCM and add dialectical grease. new red top batt, new brake light switch, it is charging, runs great sounds great every other accessories and gauges work flawlessly, I had a idea maybe i got a bad or wrong BCM so i bought one off ebay from a 09 with exact part # and it does the exact same thing? every symptom is the same. It seams to me there may be another module bad somewhere? or ground may be especially since both BCM do exact the same? Anyone have any ideas on another module or a certain ground? And what does the BATT 5 fuse supply power to? what ever it supplies power to, my problem may be in that area?
Thanks in advance
Lane
I'm not sure,but I've heard you have to have the dealer program the BCM?..BTW:If you got a new BCM from the dealer for $$$$$ why don't you go back to the dealer??

Last edited by Cherokee Nation; 12-08-2017 at 08:27 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-08-2017, 10:22 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

If the BCM got wet, what else got wet, back of the fuse panel in the foot-well?
Sounds like a cross electrical current from water damage
Old 12-09-2017, 08:31 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Faslane
Thanks in advance
Lane
the BCM needs to be programmed to the cars vin# and a crank relearn should be done when changing major components.Is this a flood car that you purchased recently?
Old 12-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Faslane
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by irok
the BCM needs to be programmed to the cars vin# and a crank relearn should be done when changing major components.Is this a flood car that you purchased recently?
Thanks I have a Tech 2 and win, and member at tis2web and a MDI for global A cars, but I got the feeling there is something else grounded out or shorted or something? Just wanted to ask because if it was something else i could figure it out before paying 55 dollars for s subscription and download re programs with another issue?
This is my wife leaving here passenger side window down, not a flood car.

Get notified of new replies

To BCM replaced on 09

Quick Reply: BCM replaced on 09