C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoCal Garage Works

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts

Terrible customer service/contact...kind of felt you had to beg the guy for answers...I am with doomi...I can honestly say that the majority of people that ordered from the guy on this forum had bad experiences...so...I would suggest that you order off of ebay...nobody likes negative customer feedback...plus you are protected better. The guy orders the wheels from another source overseas...so if you are lucky enough to order a wheel in the right time frame...you may be lucky enough to get it when you want it within the time frame specified...if not...GOOD LUCK...why do you think he doesn't advertise on this forum...I think it isn't rocket science
Old 10-05-2018, 09:47 PM
lowNslowZ
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

DONT DO IT. Just got my wheel from him a couple weeks ago and my wait time was just under 6 MONTHS and there is another member here who still hasn't received his wheel after over a year. When I told him I was going to file a chargeback Greg threatened me with legal action and at that point the charges were so old my credit card company wasn't even sure they would be able to get my money back. Just spend a little bit more and get a wheel from a reputable vendor. Greg will respond to your emails until you are past your chargeback window and just send it whenever he feels like or just not send you anything and keep your money. This was the worst experience I have ever had ordering any product ever. If you still order from him after hearing all of this then don't act surprised when he takes your money and never responds to you like he did to me and so many other forum members.
The following users liked this post:
Smokeyjr (10-06-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 07:37 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Is that enough to know????
Old 10-06-2018, 08:30 AM
greek81
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokeyjr
Is that enough to know????
Well considering that my questions weren't answered, I'd say No.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Good luck with your search!!

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 10-06-2018 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:36 AM
greek81
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Support what? The hell are you reading? Half of the pedestal sitting idiots ride on people because they dont use the search function to find info. If you actually took the damn time to read what I was asking, its about seeing pics of double D wheels for our cars. Didnt ask a damn thing about this company's BBB rating or anything else. So the only person beating a dead horse is you.

Last edited by greek81; 10-06-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Bud..."you are the one that posted on a SO. CAL. GARAGE WORKS thread" started in late 2017...if you want to know about double D wheels either start a new thread...that actually says (LOOKING FOR DOUBLE D WHEEL and PHOTOS) or look somewhere else; because your recent post for a double d (may not be related to So CAL) wheel here on this thread will automatically send other members a message; if they have subscribed to this thread...so do your homework...rfedesign...apsis... diety motorsports...these are just 3 reputable venders/companies that put out quality products at a reasonable time frame and will gladly send you photos ...but keep in mind that a double d wheel is going to be a premium...I only know of one person that has one...he paid 1900 bucks and he doesn't use it....by the way...I subscribe to this thread...so here I will post a thread for you...https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598111502...I suggest not reposting here or other members that have subscribed to this thread will continue to get a email message...that says CORVETTE FORUM;REPLY TO THREAD SO CAL GARAGE WORKS...I personally have done more work on my vette than a lot of members will ever do...so count me out for just sitting around!!!

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 10-06-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-07-2018, 12:15 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Old 12-11-2018, 05:01 PM
NY Chief
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got my wheel from SoCal Garageworks and I can't say enough good about the excellent quality of the wheel AND communication from Greg. I was apprehensive after reading the horror stories above but also having jobs dealing with the public I know there are two sides to every story. I wanted THAT wheel above all others even at twice the price because it looked the best to me. And it is! Greg clearly states on his site that these are custom made and take a while. Just don't bug him with weekly (or worse) status requests.
Again can't say enough good about Greg's communication.
Very satisfied customer.

Last edited by NY Chief; 12-11-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:11 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by NY Chief
I just got my wheel from SoCal Garageworks and I can't say enough good about the excellent quality of the wheel AND communication from Greg. I was apprehensive after reading the horror stories above but also having jobs dealing with the public I know there are two sides to every story. I wanted THAT wheel above all others even at twice the price because it looked the best to me. And it is! Greg clearly states on his site that these are custom made and take a while. Just don't bug him with weekly (or worse) status requests.
Very satisfied customer.
You're lucky. I'm still waiting for my air bag cover that I ordered in January. Greg is a ghost with no communication.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:46 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Very satisfied customer.
Just consider yourself a fortunate lucky bastard and shut the hell up! Greg has more pathetic excuses than Bayer has aspirin! But then what do I know, I only sent Greg my money and then waited 4 months and got the wrong wheel! I sent the wrong wheel back to him and waited 6 months! I feel I won the lottery just getting my money back after 1 f'ing year!!! Yeah, Greg is just a peach of a guy!

Last edited by TomdaToolman; 12-11-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 117 Posts

Wow, you are lucky.....I'm going on 9 months of waiting and Greg and his wife Jenn have basically gone radio silent. At this point, I have been forced to dispute the charge with my credit card which is a PIA due to the length of time since the original purchase. They have lied to the credit card company stating that they shipped the wheel, as well as the BBB where I also filed a dispute. Scamming liars. Luckily I have super detailed a email trail and photos of the returned package, etc. They have a stellar negative rating with the BBB as well. Wish I had checked it before ordering...….
Old 12-11-2018, 09:11 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Very satisfied customer.
Glad to hear you got it. I'm feel very fortunate to have mine as well. It's a bummer others had such a hard time. Post pics when you get it installed.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:35 PM
NY Chief
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TomdaToolman
Just consider yourself a fortunate lucky bastard and shut the hell up!
I have no skin in this game. I just wanted to say that I got the wheel with no issues.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Kinda starting to sound like Maryland Speed before they went down and out....
Old 12-27-2018, 11:09 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 117 Posts

Going through a PIA with the credit card company, as SoCal is lying to them. I have a good case since I have all of the paperwork, but what a nightmare. Douchebag claims he mailed me the wheel months ago.....he did but it was the wrong wheel. Luckily I have an email trail with them promising to ship it multiple times.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:40 AM
Mshannon
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokeyjr
The m.o. Fits the person and business...this really sucks... I am surprised that people still order from the guy...moreover...I wonder what the reviews are like; other than on the forum...I don't think he would make here as a vendor.
Actually he sells a lot of corvette wheels and I know this because I make them with him. You guys can bash him all you want but he produces more wheels for more cars than any company in this industry and for dealerships and for private label other companies. I am not here to support some of the customer service issues. However if you have ever held one of his wheels or even driven with one of his wheels you will know that patience and understanding and not being a fucken ***** to him will get you a lot farther with him. Every company has there ups and downs and finding good customer service reps is not easy. He has live chat on his site so that he can make sure everyone is handled. Who the **** uses a phone anymore get off your high horse. Use the live chat and I am sure you will be answered within a 1-2 minute time frame. There isn't always someone sitting by the phone to answer your calls. Also have you ever thought that these are hand made this isn't walmart where it is sitting on a shelf. You don't like the wait you don't like being patient go order someplace else where the wheels are premade and everyone has the same one.

Get notified of new replies

To SoCal Garage Works

Old 09-14-2019, 07:42 AM
Mshannon
5th Gear

Send the company a live chat message he has made several double d wheels

Old 09-14-2019, 07:44 AM
Mshannon
5th Gear

Because people are impatient and want it now and think they are entitled to **** all over the vendor the one vendor that doesn't raise prices and try to charge 3x more than it is really worth. If you actually check out his work and you actually have patience he 100% delivers to every single order. The real issue is the people not understanding life happens and then things get backed up. The ones that are impatient go and cry like babies even after they were refunded but don't express that on social media because they rather bully a small company ran by a disabled person. Those people that do that are the ones that ruin it for everyone else.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:45 AM
Mshannon
5th Gear

God your so full of **** it makes me nauseous and you were refunded.

Quick Reply: SoCal Garage Works