C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why do my car c6 starts sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 12:36 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze
Okay, so English is not his native language.

Turbo wins the bet!

Same here.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:39 AM
jlexusxx
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay Guys,

I'm back. You guys are funny. That was my first time posting. I read the threads.
I'm 55 years young. I love my cars and use to work on old cars, but not these new types with computers.
Okay, I read other threads about C6 and starting problems. I believe it may be a bad BCM.
The Fob is good, the battery is good, Just replaced the starter and solenoid, Replaced the battery post and cables.

It starts, but sometime it clicks or do nothing except move gages until I have to remove the battery post and place it back on by resetting everything.
All codes are reset, Nothing showing in the codes.
Just feels like I have gremlin or glitch. I can drive to the store and when I get in the car, it will just click or not click at all.

So, what do you think?

Last edited by jlexusxx; 12-30-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:43 AM
jlexusxx
6th Gear

Default C6 Won't Start sometimes

Originally Posted by jlexusxx
c6 2005 Chevrolet corvette
Okay Guys,

I'm back. You guys are funny. That was my first time posting. I read the threads.
I'm 55 years young. I love my cars and use to work on old cars, but not these new types with computers.
Okay, I read other threads about C6 and starting problems. I believe it may be a bad BCM.
The Fob is good, the battery is good, Just replaced the starter and solenoid, Replaced the battery post and cables.

It starts, but sometime it clicks or do nothing except move gages until I have to remove the battery post and place it back on by resetting everything.
Just feels like I have gremlin or glitch. I can drive to the store and when I get in the car, it will just click or not click at all.

So, what do you think?
Old 12-30-2017, 08:45 AM
jlexusxx
6th Gear

Default C6 Won't Start sometimes

Originally Posted by Bruze
I'm betting that it is, but that the OP is young.
Okay Guys,

So, what do you think?
Old 12-30-2017, 09:36 AM
jlexusxx
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
I am going to interpret for the OP ...

Hello everyone. First, I would like to introduce myself ... I am 'jlexusxx', and as you can see, I am a brand new member here on the Corvette Forum.

I just purchased a used 2005 Corvette. As a new owner to this type of car (and also a young person), I must say, I really don't have any general knowledge of the problems that may occur with the Corvette. And I also must admit that I am not very mechanically inclined.

With that said, let me get on with my problem .... My Corvette will start at times, and at other times, it won't. I always push the brake pedal when trying to start it, and I have a brand new battery in the FOB.

All the lights work, so I don't think the car's battery is dead, but I can't really be sure about that since I have no idea as to how old the battery is.

As I said before, sometimes it will start, but at other times, when I push the start button, all I hear is a click sound.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much ....

Okay Guys,

So, what do you think?
Old 12-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I'm wondering why you posted the same thing 4 times. And your profile that you created says you're 56.

You still haven't told us where the fob is when the car won't start. Many forum members that were new to the C6 had the fob in their pocket, but something else in that pocket with the fob was blocking the signal.

Where's the fob on those occasions that the car won't start?
Old 12-30-2017, 10:33 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Could be a bad grounding location. It is something that is known to happen, I myself and actually checking them today as well.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:20 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Do you have an automatic or a manual. Didn't see that and could be different problems depending on that?? Any other information about the car might be helpful.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:01 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

I seem to remember there were some cars that had problems with the actual start switch itself acting up but I don't recall all the details. Might be worth doing some searches on this forum and seeing what you find.

Last edited by CSixDude; 12-30-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:06 PM
millsy
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I had issues with my 2009 starting but they were intermittent at first. Long story short, my car came with a battery saver switch as seen below. This type of device should not be used on vettes because of all the electronics. I finally figured this out through research of my own and Chevrolet was no help at all and my first post here was asking about the starting issues I was having. The image is what came equipped on my car, check yours but It must of been the dealer who forgot to take it off before delivery.

Last edited by millsy; 01-01-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

OP gone most of the day Saturday, all day Sunday, nearly all day Monday.

Must not be very anxious to fix this problem.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:37 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by millsy
I had issues with my 2009 starting but they were intermittent at first. Long story short, my car came with a battery saver switch as seen below. This type of device should not be used on vettes because of all the electronics. I finally figured this out through research of my own and Chevrolet was no help at all and my first post here was asking about the starting issues I was having. The image is what came equipped on my car, check yours but It must of been the dealer who forgot to take it off before delivery.
That isn't put on batteries from the factory.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:23 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

There seems to be a horrible echo in here!
Old 01-16-2018, 08:24 PM
jlexusxx
6th Gear

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
Do you have an automatic or a manual. Didn't see that and could be different problems depending on that?? Any other information about the car might be helpful.
I have a manual

Quick Reply: why do my car c6 starts sometimes