C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new plates

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 11:26 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Nope, it's not just you. It definitely leans down on the right.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

What are you two smoking......
Old 01-13-2018, 12:06 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
What are you two smoking......
Nothing, I don't live in CA.

Maybe, its the frame, because it tilts up to the right. Anyway, it's not straight. I'm not OCD about a lot, but not level is one of my triggers.

It's the artist in me. Hang it straight, dammit!
Old 01-13-2018, 04:11 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6

Maybe, its the frame, because it tilts up to the right. Anyway, it's not straight. I'm not OCD about a lot, but not level is one of my triggers.

So your glossing over the month and year stickers begin cocked eyed to start with as well.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:03 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
So your glossing over the month and year stickers begin cocked eyed to start with as well.
Now that I did notice immediately.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:33 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by cgladish
I did not think it was too difficult. maybe it's a matter of context.
doesn't matter now, it's on the car!
C, I got it the first try, also. Don't ever post anything on this site unless you want someone to fault you for something. Most of the people on here graduated with honors from the University of Critics.

Many people cannot easily understand specialty plates. I have a Jetstream Blue C6, and my plate is "REDWHTN", and people go, "huh?"
Plus, I have my 25th Infantry decal, 101st Airborne decal, and CIB decal, and they still say, "huh?"
Old 01-13-2018, 01:44 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6

You don't have to live in CA...It looks like the plate is on a tilt a bit.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:13 PM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

[QUOTE=buckmeister2;1596370336]C, I got it the first try, also. Don't ever post anything on this site unless you want someone to fault you for something. Most of the people on here graduated with honors from the University of Critics.

That is why it is getting more difficult for me to take part in discussions.

I don't know why people get a kick out of making smart a-- comments with the intent of embarrassing rather than just keeping their mouth shut. Too many members think they are comedians.

A better idea would be to send a pm if they couldn't resist letting the op know the frame and plate is out of level.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:20 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cgladish
I get on those screws right away!
preference of which type?
should be color matched?
I was hoping to go for a drive this weekend, but now I feel pressured into to addressing this.
left me have a sierra Nevada PA first and think about it.
Just touch up the screws with black...they will be invisible.

And, I would not take my car through East L.A., if you are ever so inclined....too many interpretations that might get you into trouble...

Last edited by buckmeister2; 01-13-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:24 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
You don't have to live in CA...It looks like the plate is on a tilt a bit.
That was in response to the smoking comment.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:24 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Lastly, if you get tired of 'splainin to the unwashed many about USA1, just tell them it stands for "United Emirates States of Arabia", and give them a hostile look. They will never bother you again...though, the FBI might want to speak with you.

Hope you understand this is all in fun, at least for me. Nothing like car guys givin' car guys crap.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:27 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

[QUOTE=Batman75;1596370585]
Originally Posted by buckmeister2
C, I got it the first try, also. Don't ever post anything on this site unless you want someone to fault you for something. Most of the people on here graduated with honors from the University of Critics.

I don't know why people get a kick out of making smart a-- comments with the intent of embarrassing rather than just keeping their mouth shut. Too many members think they are comedians.

A better idea would be to send a pm if they couldn't resist letting the op know the frame and plate is out of level.
Hey, Phil, good to hear from you. I know you don't post much, but still like to stay in touch. Still waiting on you coming to Vegas. Missed you last time, I think.

Hope all is well in EC.

Jim
Old 01-13-2018, 03:50 PM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

[QUOTE=buckmeister2;1596371042]
Originally Posted by Batman75

Hey, Phil, good to hear from you. I know you don't post much, but still like to stay in touch. Still waiting on you coming to Vegas. Missed you last time, I think.

Hope all is well in EC.

Jim
My daughter regrets her decision to move to Cave Creek. She wishes she had moved to Vegas. She is listing her house and will move there after it sells.

After she resettles, I'll be visiting her in Vegas. I saved your phone number.

Last edited by Batman75; 01-13-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:45 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts
Default New plates

I would have been surprised if I hadn’t gotten the responses I did. But I thought it was going to be more about the content, not so much on its appearance. Glad I’m not showing it in a concourse show. It’s good to know though if I were, i’ll Know who to check with first. All good!
Old 01-14-2018, 11:01 PM
Olsarge
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Some times it's not even humorous. Some people here are just plain rude. You're absolutely right. If I say something wrong or something you disagree with tell me. Just don't be rude about it. I don't take that at home or at work and I shouldn't have to take on some forum I'm on for pleasure. We probably need a thread on just that. Somebody will probably comment here that this is the wrong place for this post. But that's ok I've alredy been told that once this week and he was rude too.

Quick Reply: new plates