C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just a stupid question

Old 01-12-2018, 10:37 PM
ontime
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 85 Posts
Default just a stupid question

I had my windshield replaced on my 2013 GS and when I looked at the cowl there is a small open hole on the passenger side that I don't remember seeing before. wonder if there was a fastener in it at one time or is it a drain hole that I never noticed before. By the way I will never let anyone try and repair a stone chip . It looked horrible and the guy used a cigarette lighter to heat the inside of the glass to speed up the cure . it caused distortion in the safety film. Then the insurance company asked if I wanted the same company to replace it. Really?? I took it to a safe lite brick and mortar shop in Spring Hill Fl. and left them do it inside there building. They did a great job.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 288 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by ontime
I had my windshield replaced on my 2013 GS and when I looked at the cowl there is a small open hole on the passenger side that I don't remember seeing before. wonder if there was a fastener in it at one time or is it a drain hole that I never noticed before. By the way I will never let anyone try and repair a stone chip . It looked horrible and the guy used a cigarette lighter to heat the inside of the glass to speed up the cure . it caused distortion in the safety film. Then the insurance company asked if I wanted the same company to replace it. Really?? I took it to a safe lite brick and mortar shop in Spring Hill Fl. and left them do it inside there building. They did a great job.
There is a drain hole there....Pour some water close to it and see if it works.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:20 PM
ontime
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
There is a drain hole there....Pour some water close to it and see if it works.
thank you that was it. more than likely had dust in it all this time and I never noticed it. The shop probably cleaned out the hole. I only put sixty miles on it this past year trying to keep it pristine and having way too much fun with my 2017 Ram R/T sport truck. I will be driving it more now as I lost a hundred pounds this past 7 months and it feels so much better sitting behind the wheel again. No more snacks and donuts for me.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:51 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 288 Likes on 269 Posts

thank you that was it. more than likely had dust in it all this time and I never noticed it. The shop probably cleaned out the hole. I only put sixty miles on it this past year trying to keep it pristine and having way too much fun with my 2017 Ram R/T sport truck. I will be driving it more now as I lost a hundred pounds this past 7 months and it feels so much better sitting behind the wheel again. No more snacks and donuts for me.
No problem... You owe me a donut.....
Old 01-13-2018, 02:16 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

​​​​​​​Just make sure you water test it the windshield top to bottom all over. I had my front windshield replaced. They didn't do a water test but lucky I seen the leak running down the passenger side floorboard and dripping from the vent on the A-Pillar. I had to take it back 2 other times but safelite were patient and so was I to get it fix.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Jstan2014
Safety Car

Received 546 Likes on 421 Posts

Congratulations on the 100lbs lost! That’s great. Hopefully you’re able to log many more miles down the road.

Get notified of new replies

To just a stupid question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just a stupid question