C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1LT upgrade to 3LT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 01:58 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Yahtz
Is HUD something you can add to a 1LT? I just got a 1LT and the only thing that really annoys me is the stock speakers are awful. Adding HUD would be a pretty cool addition though.
I did the installation on my last Vette. Used the cut and tape the duct method, it was easy and worked great. All for under 400
Old 01-16-2018, 02:11 PM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 405 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0SIS
Anyone over 6' tall will wish they had 3LT so you get the telescoping steering wheel. The 1 and 2LT's were dealbreakers for me for this reason only.
I'm actually 6'3 and don't miss it one bit. What's the reason? Height/ability for it to telescope closer/further is relative? Is that what you mean? I mean 1LT and 2LT still goes up and down (tilt). Just wondering?
Old 01-16-2018, 10:26 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Man, that had to be one difficult project, and my hat is off to you. I have a 3LT, and will be selling soon. I will another C6, and 3LT is MUST HAVE for me. Just the single item of the easy access and exit memory is worth the cost, IMO.

We all have our opinions, and there is room for everyone. I do enjoy the 3LT, though.
The following users liked this post:
hitekcm (01-17-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 10:42 PM
Z0SIS
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by slowstang305
I'm actually 6'3 and don't miss it one bit. What's the reason? Height/ability for it to telescope closer/further is relative? Is that what you mean? I mean 1LT and 2LT still goes up and down (tilt). Just wondering?
With the seat all the way back, which is where I need it so as not to hit my knees on the lower dash, I have to reach straight out to grab the wheel. With the telescope, I can pull the wheel closer to me resulting in a slight bend in each of my elbows which makes for a much better driving position.
The following 2 users liked this post by Z0SIS:
hitekcm (01-17-2018), Olsarge (01-17-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 10:53 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by slowstang305
I am probably just being lazy. I am only 5'8, weigh 150, and am very athletic, very fit. In spite of that, I love having the seat move back, and the wheel move forward, when I turn off the car. I also love having them return to my desired position when I turn on the car. Even in Vegas, I use the heated seats. Love the power lumbar. Not so much the NAV, but do like the speakers. The HUD is the bomb, for me, no so much for others. It's all just personal tastes.
hitekcm (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 03:59 PM
Olsarge
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Last month I bought my first Corvette at age 68. I knew I only had one shot at it so I wanted to get as much as I could for the money I spent. I knew I wanted a GS. I didn't look at any 1LTs or 2LTs. I bought a '12 GS 4LT. The only thing missing is the MSRC. I live in Florida so I'll probably never use the heated seat. Every thing else is the ****. The only thing I plan to add is gas. LOVE THIS CAR.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:36 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Olsarge
Last month I bought my first Corvette at age 68. I knew I only had one shot at it so I wanted to get as much as I could for the money I spent. I knew I wanted a GS. I didn't look at any 1LTs or 2LTs. I bought a '12 GS 4LT. The only thing missing is the MSRC. I live in Florida so I'll probably never use the heated seat. Every thing else is the ****. The only thing I plan to add is gas. LOVE THIS CAR.
Congrats to you, Sarge. Sometimes, it is okay to spoil yourself, right? That's how I feel about it, and why I will not have less than a 3LT.
hitekcm (01-18-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 05:36 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by Olsarge
Options were not a priority to me four years ago when I bought my '07, but I ended up getting a 3LT because otherwise it was just what I wanted.

I've put 10k miles on it and everything still works. Considering all the electronics and the extent of the gadgetry, this amazes me. Beyond the 3LT trim, I think it has every option except for nav (which is useless to me).

And I love all the extras, I'm totally spoiled, and it would be tough to go without them now.

Attachment 48333511
hitekcm (01-18-2018)

Quick Reply: 1LT upgrade to 3LT