C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to get a corvette home?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

A C130 hauler.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:58 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
A C130 hauler.
LAPES.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:01 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Isn't this a shame ....

5 days ago, this newbie to the forum comes in here and asks us for some help; he gets lots of good advice, but he never comes back to this thread he started ... not even to say 'thanks'.

Inconsiderate !
The following users liked this post:
JDC6Z (01-28-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 12:19 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Isn't this a shame ....

5 days ago, this newbie to the forum comes in here and asks us for some help; he gets lots of good advice, but he never comes back to this thread he started ... not even to say 'thanks'.

Inconsiderate !
He is only 18 years old...So I'm thinking he is buying a 1975 POS...I would be worried to driving that thing across town..
JDC6Z (01-28-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 07:45 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

...Inconsiderate !
Last Activity: 01-22-2018 09:14 PM Kids are too lazy today to do any research on their own and just want instant answers from their phone. Either that or he saw owc6's answer, got his feelings hurt, and went looking for his safe space.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:01 AM
PAULEB07
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 226 Posts

Tell us what you did...drive it or get a transport hauler. At least say thank you!
JDC6Z (01-28-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 02:39 PM
whiteboy
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Corvette Museum

While you are in Kentucky visit the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green.
It is raining today in the bluegrass state. Have to let you know our Vettes dont melt when we drive in the rain. Just slow down. DRIVE the car back to Long Island. I love to drive two lane roads and see the towns and cities along the way. Scenery is much better on two lane roads. You will

get to know your car and gain a feel for her.
Bought mine in 09 and drove her back to Louisville Ky from Wilmington NC running two lanes most of the way. And was raining most of the way. Yes, I gained a feel for her doing so.
JDC6Z (01-28-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 02:52 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
Last Activity: 01-22-2018 09:14 PM Kids are too lazy today to do any research on their own and just want instant answers from their phone. Either that or he saw owc6's answer, got his feelings hurt, and went looking for his safe space.
Hey! What did I do?
Old 01-27-2018, 03:13 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Isn't this a shame ....

Inconsiderate !

I have noticed this more and more as of lately. Sad.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:55 PM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by cgladish
from when I first started my interest in corvette's, to actually buying one, I figured I waited about 25 yrs. when I picked mine up last year, the guy asked me if was going to drive it home. it was raining pretty good at the time. really?

like most cars, if you drive them appropriately, the weather is the issue. having said that, I know that driving in the snow is not to be expected, but anything else? come on!

different note, but I'm in the process of planning a semi-cross country trip in april/may. heading out for san fran bay area, up north
( Idaho-Montana-south Dakota ). then to Chicago or indy, out to Toledo ( family visit ), then to bowling green ( wink! wink! ).
then head back home. I figure about 5,500 mile.
can't wait!
Sounds like a great trip. If you get near try to get to Indianapolis, a very cool city, I've been there 3 times. They have a canal that runs through the downtown are, a nice time there, entertainment, good restaurants. And the Motor Speedway, nice to walk through the museum. Just watch the dates, certain times you might not want to be there, ask me (PM) how I know. And when you get to Bowling Green, if you're a fan get down to Nashville, only about 60 miles South of BG. Enjoy!!!
Old 01-27-2018, 05:07 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I dunno just yet. I think the jury's out for another day or two. I'll cut him some slack. This was sentence #2 in his Post #1

"This weekend I am planning on taking a road trip from Long Island to Kentucky"

And "this weekend" is today and tomorrow.

My guess: it does take a little planning leading up to "the trip" esp. if he's going to arrange someone looking the car over, getting there, staying somewhere, finances (buy, finance), temp tags to transport, then making arrangements to get it back (drive, transport and hope).

Monday or Tuesday will be the "telling days" for a response from OP on if he got the car, drove it home and of course---the mandatory posting of pics along with his post!

Last edited by AORoads; 01-27-2018 at 05:08 PM.
JDC6Z (01-28-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 09:37 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Isn't this a shame ....

Inconsiderate !
Yeah, these "hit and run" posters are showing up more and more all over the forum. I think part of the problem is the pop up question box, it makes it way to easy to make a post without going through the entire registration process. I will say that he sounded much more sincere than most noobs on here, you can usually weed out the jackwagons pretty easily.
JDC6Z (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 12:50 PM
JDC6Z
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone, SO SORRY FOR NOT REPLYING SOONER, but I spent the last 2 days on the road and got home late last night.. It was 1350+ miles round trip, so I'm spent. Also, I wasn't getting any notifications on my phone/email for some reason.
Thanks for all the advice.. I ended up driving it back, as most of you suggested, I planned my route and took it easy.. It was a great way to get the "feel" of the car.. I got almost 30MPG on the way back which was surprising..
This car was in storage with only 5500 miles (has a little over 6K now), and it looks almost new. It's bone stock and everything checked out. Thanks again for all of your helpful responses and I plan on being active in the forum.. No hit and run posts...

2008 C6-Z06
Old 01-28-2018, 12:57 PM
JDC6Z
Intermediate

Originally Posted by itomh
know your weather report for your route and drive it. I bought my 2008 Z06 last February, Indiana to Alabama, 9.5 hours drive one way. There's not a better way to get to know your new ride. I hate driving long distance, anything longer then 3 hours is to much for me, but this road trip is one of my best memories of being on the road. Go for it!!
Thanks, this is what I did.. I had to watch for rain and just missed it.. It was a very long 2 days of driving though..
Old 01-28-2018, 01:00 PM
JDC6Z
Intermediate

Isn't this a shame ....

Inconsiderate !
Hey, sorry you feel this way but I just got back from a 1300 mile road trip... Thanks for everyone's sound advice. I'm trying to add to the post (in lieu of a reply) and I am now getting a message that the moderator needs to approve my posts before they become visible??
Old 01-28-2018, 01:01 PM
JDC6Z
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
Yeah, these "hit and run" posters are showing up more and more all over the forum. I think part of the problem is the pop up question box, it makes it way to easy to make a post without going through the entire registration process. I will say that he sounded much more sincere than most noobs on here, you can usually weed out the jackwagons pretty easily.
Hey, sorry you feel this way but I just got back from a 1300 mile road trip and plan on being part of this forum .
Old 01-28-2018, 01:04 PM
JDC6Z
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AORoads
I dunno just yet. I think the jury's out for another day or two. I'll cut him some slack. This was sentence #2 in his Post #1

"This weekend I am planning on taking a road trip from Long Island to Kentucky"

And "this weekend" is today and tomorrow.

My guess: it does take a little planning leading up to "the trip" esp. if he's going to arrange someone looking the car over, getting there, staying somewhere, finances (buy, finance), temp tags to transport, then making arrangements to get it back (drive, transport and hope).

Monday or Tuesday will be the "telling days" for a response from OP on if he got the car, drove it home and of course---the mandatory posting of pics along with his post!
Thanks for having my back.. Everything checked out and I drove her home. I got back LATE last night from the road trip..

Get notified of new replies

To Best way to get a corvette home?

Old 01-28-2018, 01:06 PM
JDC6Z
Intermediate

Originally Posted by enventr
Your worst part of the trip is on the
Belt parkway as I remembered had the worst potholes. I- 95
Was good. I would drive it but if you are uncomfortable driving you can use Reliable transport or intercity as both are great.
I drove her home.. Yeah, The belt was sketch, but way better than the cross Bronx..
Old 01-28-2018, 01:07 PM
JDC6Z
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
He is only 18 years old...So I'm thinking he is buying a 1975 POS...I would be worried to driving that thing across town..
I think not..
Old 01-28-2018, 01:08 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Beautiful car! So, how do you like it?

Quick Reply: Best way to get a corvette home?