C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's up with yellow cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 10:21 AM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts
Default What's up with yellow cars?

Hear so many negatives about yellow cars. I personally like yellow but would never buy a silver car. Opinions on yellow cars?
Old 01-26-2018, 10:30 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,296 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Personally I just never liked yellow cars no matter what brand they are. That's just me maybe not you.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:36 AM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 895 Likes on 583 Posts

I love the Corvette yellow, that was at the top of my list until I saw the 60th anniversary package. I do hear the yellow is hard to match because the "clear" coat is tinted. I like silver too, have owned 3 silver vehicles including my present truck. I'll never buy another black or other dark color car as long as I live in the south.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:41 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Nothing wrong with yellow, I actually had that near the top of my list when I was searching for a C6.. But silver is my all time favorite color, I think it's one of the "classy" colors for cars along with black, but blacks a bitch to keep looking clean.....WW
Old 01-26-2018, 10:43 AM
ErikR
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

I know it's not everybody's favorite color, but really like my Velocity Yellow convertible....

I've owned white, silver, and maroon cars... too boring... Black was too hard to keep nice.. But I really like the Jetstream Blue too..
Old 01-26-2018, 10:48 AM
madsonp
Safety Car

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,164 Posts

What's wrong with yellow ? What I don't like is silver or white, they're boring colors.
The following users liked this post:
ROJ#79 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 10:50 AM
madsonp
Safety Car

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,164 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikR
I know it's not everybody's favorite color, but really like my Velocity Yellow convertible....

I've owned white, silver, and maroon cars... too boring... Black was too hard to keep nice.. But I really like the Jetstream Blue too..

Looks nice
Old 01-26-2018, 11:12 AM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

For various reasons I didn't want black, white (too common/boring), bright red (every vette is red) or yellow (never has caught my eye) when I was looking.

I really wanted AO but couldn't find one with what I wanted. Eventually I found a victory red with everything I was looking for plus extras. I couldn't pass on it so I have a red vette that at one point I was dead set against. Now I love the color. My guess is I would have been just as happy had it been any of the other colors.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:17 AM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

My favorites in order
orange
blue
red
yellow
white
grey
black
silver
always wondered why no greens
Old 01-26-2018, 11:31 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by farmington
Hear so many negatives about yellow cars. I personally like yellow but would never buy a silver car. Opinions on yellow cars?
Yellow has always been much too loud for my tastes. Much like 1rusty1, I was not looking for a red car (or even a vert) when I was looking, but the combo of options and the price was just something I could not pass up. Now I love my Victory Red vert.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:33 AM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts
Default yellow

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
For various reasons I didn't want black, white (too common/boring), bright red (every vette is red) or yellow (never has caught my eye) when I was looking.

I really wanted AO but couldn't find one with what I wanted. Eventually I found a victory red with everything I was looking for plus extras. I couldn't pass on it so I have a red vette that at one point I was dead set against. Now I love the color. My guess is I would have been just as happy had it been any of the other colors.

as long as you're happy with what you have, all good!
I remember a friend asking me what my dream car would be.
at that time it was just after high school, but I told him it was a 1973 Camaro. he said that that is what everyone wanted.
but I told him while that may be true, I did not have one.
so back to your original comment on colors, if it happens that your color is the most common, so what? I would still opt for it, rather than choosing a lesser choice.
here's a question for you though, what if someone were to offer you a brand new ( our for our forum brothers ), C6, but it was hot pink or neon purple, or lime green and, you could not paint until after one year and, it was to be your DD, would you accept it?

would you still
Old 01-26-2018, 11:54 AM
J.Moore
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 150 Posts

Nothing wrong with Corvette yellow. It's just a bit bold for me. I've owned black,two-tone silver and white Corvettes. My current Arctic White C6 just happens to be the color the car was at the time I was in the market that had the best price, no mods, completely stock, lowest miles and best mechanical condition.

I would have bought my current car if it was any other color except the yellow. Just not the color for me. The same reason some guys like women with big ***** and some guys like little *****.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:12 PM
danzio56
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 90 Posts

A Yellow C-6 Grand Sport is largely responsible for me finally acquiring a Corvette. There's a route I would often take on a long motorcycle ride that took me through a portion of an Indian reservation in eastern San Diego county. I would often see this beautiful yellow GS sitting in a dirt parking lot in front of a small market/liquor store there on the res. I decided on one of these spottings that if I ever got the chance, that would be the car I would buy.

Then for some reason when the time finally came. It was the Crystal Red I had to have. I still think the yellow vettes' are awesome. My fear was that I may grow weary of it seeing it everyday in my garage. Foolishness to be sure.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:16 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

I have been in my 2006 yellow for 12 years now and am looking at 2019 Vette. I love Monterey blue that they don't make anymore over the present Admiral blue. I see now that a bright ORANGE is available! Will that be purchased a lot?
Old 01-26-2018, 12:23 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts
Default color choice

Originally Posted by danzio56
A Yellow C-6 Grand Sport is largely responsible for me finally acquiring a Corvette. There's a route I would often take on a long motorcycle ride that took me through a portion of an Indian reservation in eastern San Diego county. I would often see this beautiful yellow GS sitting in a dirt parking lot in front of a small market/liquor store there on the res. I decided on one of these spottings that if I ever got the chance, that would be the car I would buy.

Then for some reason when the time finally came. It was the Crystal Red I had to have. I still think the yellow vettes' are awesome. My fear was that I may grow weary of it seeing it everyday in my garage. Foolishness to be sure.

when I first started looking last year, I actually did not even think about what I color I wanted. I had never owned a red vehicle prior to my CRM. I'm more than happy with my choice.
if ( & when ) I get a second one, I'm leaning towards blue.
no wait, black. maybe AO. maybe torch red. maybe...
Old 01-26-2018, 12:38 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,450 Likes on 755 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I always like the yellow, but worry I would tire of it too quickly. Likewise I have red and many tell me too many Vettes are red!

What I have learned in all of my years around automobiles is that not all cars look good in all colors. You cannot pigeon hole a color onto every car I have found. I never would consider a rust colored car, but I would buy an Atomic Orange C6! I also do not normally like biege seats, but love them in an Atomic Orange Vette. I like the metallic lime green on Camaros, but not on Vettes. I don't really care for white C3 Vettes, but love it on C7s. I don't like the mid blue on C3s to much, but love it on C7s. I am not big on the orange metallic on C3s, but the new orange metallic on the ZR1 is stunning. I would never buy a hot pink or bright purple car, EXCEPT on the late 60s Mopars, it was right and hot and seems to push up the values even as it was so period correct! Some trendy colors are cool but I now ponder resale. In 1995 I bought a teal Pontiac Grand Prix and loved the color, THEN. By the time I went to trade it, the color was not desirable and I took a bath on resale, so now I consider how trendy a color may be. Resale can be a consideration.....I have an uncle who owned a car dealer; new and used and he was into cars himself, and he told me classic sports cars in the used market can fetch as much as $1k more, as it has always been considered the classic sports car color and tends to sell much easier!

To my point, not every color is right for every car or every era. I always look at each car I buy as a new vision, and take a lot of time pondering the color.

Enjoy the yellow, as I tell many, it doesn't matter what others like, what matters is that it is the Vette you want and enjoy, the others can kiss your ****! lol

Last edited by gliot1; 01-26-2018 at 12:39 PM.
06slvr (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Zero_6
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 111 Posts

My favorite color is blue. My vette is JSB.

Get notified of new replies

To What's up with yellow cars?

Old 01-26-2018, 12:51 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Color is subjective, therefore not everyone will like any color. Yellow on a Vette makes it stand out, very visible. NOT everyone wants that.

When I was looking to get out of my 06 MR vert I found a Arctic White coupe sitting in a dealers showroom. It had been there over 8 months with a dead battery. Dealer could not sell a white Vette, but was eager to get my Monterey Red Vert. Gave me a deal too good to pass up.

Never kept a car over 2 years before the AW 07. Still in love with it today.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:57 PM
Cockroach
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 97 Posts

Nothing wrong with a yellow vette.................for a chicks car. lol
Old 01-26-2018, 01:15 PM
Richard F
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Ive had two velocity yellow Corvettes, the first was a 2009 base A6 4LT convertible, that was totaled in an accident. Salvage was purchased in Ohio and its back on the road upthere....my replacement was a 2011 GS M6 4LT convertible with 7,654 miles. Its got 19000 on it now. I like the color, it stands out among all the black and red Corvettes you see. I do like some of the newer blue colors and the atomic orange also.
Attached Images   
Atomic6 (01-27-2018)

Quick Reply: What's up with yellow cars?