C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated seat retrofit

Old 02-02-2018, 05:14 AM
SteveSierra
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Heated seat retrofit

Hi guys I’ve bought some Sparco Pro 2000 plus bucket seats but would still love the heated seats option, it gets cold here in the U.K.
I was wondering if I could purchase some heated pads like https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/220867972788
and find a way of wiring it to the factory switches.
Does anybody know which plug under the seats are for the heating and has anybody done this or think it’s possible?
Old 02-02-2018, 09:25 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

You will find that the switches are not designed to go anywhere near the seat heater elements. The switches are like the keys on your keyboard. They only tell the two seat computers what you want to do. The factory seat heaters are controlled by the computer in each seat. Those computers measure the temperature of the seat and apply power to the various heating elements to get the temperature desired. Installing factory heated seats with the factory computers into another car isn't that bad because all you need is the small switches to tell the computers what you want. Going the other way and installing non-factory heaters while trying to use the factory switches is going to be difficult. I suppose a simple on/off arrangement could work but you are going to need to design seal in relays to actually control the power since the existing switches are only momentary.

Here is a schematic for the driver's seat.
http://repairguide.autozone.com/znet...3f807dc2f0.gif

Last edited by FortMorganAl; 02-02-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:26 AM
SteveSierra
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow thanks for the information. Seems more hassle then it’s worth.
If the mrs is cold I’ll tell her to turn the heaters up 😝

Get notified of new replies

To Heated seat retrofit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heated seat retrofit