C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

" Eight Cylinders All Mine".........

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 01:18 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Congrats! Looks great!
Old 02-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Ssnobrakes
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks again for the compliments everybody. I have already learned a lot from this forum. It really helped to find just the right car. For the last 4 years my fun car was an 02 Boxster S. It was a great car until 5 monthe ago the motor grenaded from the imfamous IMS bearing. Only had 49k miles on it. It would have been 14g's to rebuild the motor, I sold it as a rolling paper weight and will never look at another Porsche. The Vette only has 20k miles and rides like a dream. For a convertible sports car it is solid and comfortable. Plenty fast for me. Maybe an upgraded exhaust and a different intake in the future. Maybe some nice black aftermarket wheels too. Other than those things I will probably leave it stock...........Steve
Old 02-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Atomic6
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 126 Posts

^^ I've heard a lot about the Boxster issues. Man!
Your Corvette must seem like 'night and day'. I just got mine recently and looking forward to topless driving too. It's a bit colder here in the mountains. Also, nice taste in music. I have the same tunes but Joe Cocker was my first CD in the car. Maybe I'll see you at one of the Corvette shows in Atlanta this year.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:24 PM
Ssnobrakes
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic6
^^ I've heard a lot about the Boxster issues. Man!
Your Corvette must seem like 'night and day'. I just got mine recently and looking forward to topless driving too. It's a bit colder here in the mountains. Also, nice taste in music. I have the same tunes but Joe Cocker was my first CD in the car. Maybe I'll see you at one of the Corvette shows in Atlanta this year.
Franklin is a nice area. Lots of nice roads and scenery up there. Good hiking too. I guess you know all that. One great car show monthly in Atlanta is Caffeine and Octane. Lots of incredible cars and plenty of Vettes. Google it for more info.....
Old 02-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Ssnobrakes
I have had my 05 conv/ 6speed only 2 weeks now and after a good polish and wax along with a nice drive with the top down today ( 60 degrees in Atlanta) I gotta say I am really enjoying this car.......
That is one sharp looking Corvette. The first Corvette I ever had a ride in was that color, a C3 Stingray with a 454 in it.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:16 AM
Gotta-Qik-C7
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Love the yellow! Is it Velocity or Millenium Yellow?

Quick Reply: " Eight Cylinders All Mine".........