C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Flash paint correction questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 09:38 AM
centennialgirl
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hwyknight
I’m considering removing my stripes and painting gloss black stripes with a super thin red pinstripe painted around them. Hmmmm.... or I might have them replaced, paint corrected, then film the whole car. Haven’t decided yet.
I thought about doing something like that too! It would look so nice. But part of me wants to stay with the original design... I would get them painted matte black rather than basically getting new stickers, but would it make it "less Centennial" if it was anything other than matte black? Idk! Would love a pop of color though, like silver or red to match the calipers.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Hwyknight
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by centennialgirl
I thought about doing something like that too! It would look so nice. But part of me wants to stay with the original design... I would get them painted matte black rather than basically getting new stickers, but would it make it "less Centennial" if it was anything other than matte black? Idk! Would love a pop of color though, like silver or red to match the calipers.
I don’t know if I would paint it matte black because the matte finishes may get splotchy when waxing, unless you are careful. Anyone else have experience with a painted matte finish? Is it easier to maintain than the stickers?

My CE has the red calipers, pinstripes on the wheels, and the red fender stripes. That’s why I thought about the red pinstripe around the racing stripes. That might be getting a little busy though. If I do that I might remove the shoulder stripes if it can be done without messing up the paint.

BTW......post a pic of your car!
Old 02-15-2018, 12:27 PM
centennialgirl
Intermediate

I don’t know if I would paint it matte black because the matte finishes may get splotchy when waxing, unless you are careful. Anyone else have experience with a painted matte finish? Is it easier to maintain than the stickers?

My CE has the red calipers, pinstripes on the wheels, and the red fender stripes. That’s why I thought about the red pinstripe around the racing stripes. That might be getting a little busy though. If I do that I might remove the shoulder stripes if it can be done without messing up the paint.

BTW......post a pic of your car!
That looks nice! I agree it might be a little too much with red pin stripes and red fender stripes. I like the red pinstriped wheels... Was that an option or did they come with those? I see them everywhere but mine didn't come with them . Lol.

Here is mine
Old 02-17-2018, 04:52 AM
Hwyknight
Advanced

That looks nice! I agree it might be a little too much with red pin stripes and red fender stripes. I like the red pinstriped wheels... Was that an option or did they come with those? I see them everywhere but mine didn't come with them . Lol.

Here is mine
Looking good there girl! My car came with the red stripes on the wheels, but I’m not the original owner. I don’t know if it’s factory or aftermarket.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:20 AM
centennialgirl
Intermediate

Looking good there girl! My car came with the red stripes on the wheels, but I’m not the original owner. I don’t know if it’s factory or aftermarket.
Thanks! Looking very stock haha. Hopefully that'll change soon, saving up for mods . I feel like they're factory cause most websites say something about red striped wheels on centennials. Shouldn't be too hard to do yourself right? Or I'll just find a set.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:47 AM
Hwyknight
Advanced

Thanks! Looking very stock haha. Hopefully that'll change soon, saving up for mods . I feel like they're factory cause most websites say something about red striped wheels on centennials. Shouldn't be too hard to do yourself right? Or I'll just find a set.
I think there are some do it yourself kits out there. I’ve also seen a few with red lettering on the tires that looked pretty good. If you are near the Central Ohio area, I hope to see you at some of the car shows!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:42 AM
centennialgirl
Intermediate

I think there are some do it yourself kits out there. I’ve also seen a few with red lettering on the tires that looked pretty good. If you are near the Central Ohio area, I hope to see you at some of the car shows!
Aw nowhere near I'm in NJ. If you ever find yourself at Carlisle I'll be there! And I'll see if I can find the stripe kit

Quick Reply: Carbon Flash paint correction questions