C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Reset

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 06:20 PM
RJS91RGTP
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Default TPMS Reset

I just received my new wheel/tire combination and have mounted the new wheels to my 2013 Grand Sport. All tires have the right air pressure but two of the new sensors are showing the wrong pressure and are telling me to add air. Other two wheels show the correct air pressure. Anyone have any info on how or what needs to be done to reset the two showing the wrong pressure? Wheels, tires and sensors are all new as I bought the entire wheel package and had them shipped to the house. Do I need to see the dealer to program them? Thanks

RJ

Suburban Chicago
Old 02-15-2018, 06:24 PM
n3v3rtrstamor0n
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

You can take them to a tire dealer and they may be able to relearn them to the car . If not then you will have to go to dealer for them to relearn them, Im dealing with this now the tire shop couldn't get mine to relearn. Now a trip to the dealer of course when it gets nicer out.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:37 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,821 Likes on 4,243 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Just buy the TPMS reset tool off eBay for $15. I’ve got the orange one and works perfectly. Takes all of 30 seconds to reset the TPMS.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:43 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by RJS91RGTP
I just received my new wheel/tire combination and have mounted the new wheels to my 2013 Grand Sport. All tires have the right air pressure but two of the new sensors are showing the wrong pressure and are telling me to add air. Other two wheels show the correct air pressure. Anyone have any info on how or what needs to be done to reset the two showing the wrong pressure? Wheels, tires and sensors are all new as I bought the entire wheel package and had them shipped to the house. Do I need to see the dealer to program them? Thanks

RJ

Suburban Chicago

You can buy the TPMS reset tool from Amazon, eBay or AliExpress for about $20. I bought mine from AliExpress. Make sure you have the right TPMS sensors since they are different from 05-08 from 09-13. Also avoid the Universal Clone type TPMS sensors in favor of OEM since they are prone to adaptability issues.

Last edited by Icecap; 02-15-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:49 PM
n3v3rtrstamor0n
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Good info guys off to ebay I go. Funny I was told by the tire dealer I would have to go to the dealer since they couldn't do it. Now I know better.
Thanks again for the info.

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS Reset

Quick Reply: TPMS Reset