C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it Just Me ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 10:12 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Young kids want to race me at the light.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:57 AM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_in_MD
Especially guys. Pisses them off.

As for "homo"... I guess I could be. I have a wife and two kids but that could just be a beard.

"I know... why don't you leave me alone with your wife, daughter, sister, aunt, grandma or female cousin and we'll see what happens.
Thats funny!
Old 02-17-2018, 11:24 AM
SK '08
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts

In the 6 years that I had my '11 Mustang GT ( before I traded it in for my '08 Corvette) nobody would really try to race me. It was boring that nobody wanted to try.
Nearly a year after Corvette ownership, no one has tried either. I'm not about to start anything with anyone else on the roads, that's for sure.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:33 AM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

This past Tuesday I was on the interstate and a vehicle made moves for me to show him what I got, but I ignored him by moving over a lane. I was doing 80. He punched it showing what he had, thinking I would chase after him. A big black Ford Expedition flew past me just after that. I was thinking he wanted to play with the other vehicle, or was in a hurry. A few minutes later I see the black SUV had a bunch of red and blue lights flashing all over it. It pulled over Mr Speedy!!!

Never saw an unmarked Expedition before.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Richard F
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...ACEA&FORM=VIRE

this usually puts a end to it for me....
Attached Images  

Last edited by Richard F; 02-17-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:05 PM
RogerRamjet21
Pro

Received 217 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ByRiver
This past Tuesday I was on the interstate and a vehicle made moves for me to show him what I got, but I ignored him by moving over a lane. I was doing 80. He punched it showing what he had, thinking I would chase after him. A big black Ford Expedition flew past me just after that. I was thinking he wanted to play with the other vehicle, or was in a hurry. A few minutes later I see the black SUV had a bunch of red and blue lights flashing all over it. It pulled over Mr Speedy!!!

Down here in South Florida, we have every flavor of unmarked law enforcement vehicle. I think they confiscate them from drug busts. I've even seen an SS Camaro pull someone over.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:07 PM
MoeLarryCheese
Race Director

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Happens all the time. And usually by some really ridiculous challengers. I usually just ignore and continue on in the same way I had been driving. But, sometimes the urge to teach one of them a quick lesson is just irresistible.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:18 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Many types of unmarked cars today it just isnt worth it especially with property seizure laws. Had a 1970 Z/28 impounded once there wasnt much left of it when I picked it up, nothing you can do.

Everwhere you go you are on camera at some point. the days of wanting to play unless you are in very rural area are about gone
Plus jails no fun
Old 02-17-2018, 02:17 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by ByRiver

I saw something similar last summer and it made my day. I was on the freeway on my way to a car club event. I was traveling in the fast lane but not overtaking anyone with a black Suburban ahead of me. In my mirror i saw a Toyota approaching fast so I pulled over into the slow lane to let him by.

The Toyota with his N for novice driver magnetic decal (graduated licensing program) on the back proceeded to tailgate the Suburban flashing his high beams to be let by. The Suburban was already speeding but stayed put in his lane so the Toyota passed him on the right and then swerved into his lane cutting him off and forcing him to brake.

That is when the Suburban suddenly lit up with pretty red and blue flashing lights and I would imagine the fellow in the Toyota was going to have a court appearance and be using public transit for a while.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:20 PM
RogerRamjet21
Pro

Received 217 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Icecap
I saw something similar last summer and it made my day. I was on the freeway on my way to a car club event. I was traveling in the fast lane but not overtaking anyone with a black Suburban ahead of me. In my mirror i saw a Toyota approaching fast so I pulled over into the slow lane to let him by.

The Toyota with his N for novice driver magnetic decal (graduated licensing program) on the back proceeded to tailgate the Suburban flashing his high beams to be let by. The Suburban was already speeding but stayed put in his lane so the Toyota passed him on the right and then swerved into his lane cutting him off and forcing him to brake.

That is when the Suburban suddenly lit up with pretty red and blue flashing lights and I would imagine the fellow in the Toyota was going to have a court appearance and be using public transit for a while.
Not to mention needing a change of underware...
Old 02-17-2018, 03:01 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Icecap

Those lights are pretty sweet. I almost wish if I could add them to my vehicle.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

I get it all the time...but that might be because of my license plate...
Old 02-17-2018, 10:02 PM
jeffs64
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Red Corvette

Most of the time I let them go past me. Don't want or need any tickets. Bedside's my Corvette has a hard time pulling my trailer
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2018, 10:08 PM
jeffs64
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Nice

Originally Posted by Richard F
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...ACEA&FORM=VIRE

I promise not to speed in your part of Texas.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:07 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

what do I think? I think you are too concerned about what other people think. It is a compliment to you that they want to race. For some, they are just being funny. For others, they are jealous. It is part of Corvette ownership. Enjoy it.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:08 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_in_MD
Especially guys. Pisses them off.

As for "homo"... I guess I could be. I have a wife and two kids but that could just be a beard.

"I know... why don't you leave me alone with your wife, daughter, sister, aunt, grandma or female cousin and we'll see what happens.
well, you certainly have the right screen name....
Old 02-17-2018, 11:34 PM
millsy
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Once in awhile someone will want to race but not often and its usually some teenager in a POS. The funny thing is everytime I see another vette and there is a chance to race them, I try but nobody wants to play

Get notified of new replies

To Is it Just Me ?

Old 02-18-2018, 12:05 AM
hogfanandy
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Had it happen to me last night coming home from dinner with my wife. Headed down a fairly congested 4 lane road in town with a speed limit of 45, dude in a newer model Charger R/T starts driving aggressively and then wants to race at the first light we come to. I had to endure him for about 3 miles before he finally got bored with driving the speed limit and drove off. Another time without the wife and in a secluded area, he would have gotten his race. Wrong time/wrong place.

Last edited by hogfanandy; 02-18-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:15 AM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Richard F

Weak.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:38 AM
Randy_in_MD
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

=buckmeister2 - well, you certainly have the right screen name....
Attached Images  

Last edited by Randy_in_MD; 02-18-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Is it Just Me ?