C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chuck COW vs Vitesse

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:52 PM
sfrank2886
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

[QUOTE=Chuck CoW;1596641675][B][CENTER][SIZE="5"]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER WINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have won a FREE CoW BOOSTER!

Wow Thanks! I'll have to take you up on that one. Will give you a call to discuss. As part of this offer, I will also post back up on the forum to provide an unbiased opinion of how it performs as well. I hate the throttle lag in the 08, and have encountered it to the point of being dangerous when you hit it hard and it comes on late.

Thanks Chuck
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 02:50 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Call me when you're ready.

[QUOTE=sfrank2886;1596647478]
Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
[B][CENTER][SIZE="5"]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER WINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have won a FREE CoW BOOSTER!

Wow Thanks! I'll have to take you up on that one. Will give you a call to discuss. As part of this offer, I will also post back up on the forum to provide an unbiased opinion of how it performs as well. I hate the throttle lag in the 08, and have encountered it to the point of being dangerous when you hit it hard and it comes on late.

Thanks Chuck
Call me when you're ready.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Old 02-22-2018, 09:57 PM
montman
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

[QUOTE=Chuck CoW;1596648354][QUOTE=sfrank2886;1596647478]

Call me when you're ready.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW[/QUOQU
Doesn't the OP of the thread, get a free booster
Old 02-22-2018, 10:00 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by montman
Dang, I didn't intend to start Corvette Wars 3 with my question! It does make for exciting reading though. I do seem to remember that the Vitesse instructions say it's for off road use only. I don't know about the fine print on the CoW products. There is a learning curve with any modification that changes the way the car was when we first bought it.
This thread headed in the same direction as all previous Vitesse threads whether COW was originally referred to in the thread title or not.

I've had the Vitesse unit pretty much since they first came out going on 5+ years now I think and it has worked great. The only issue I had is one time I must have kicked the harness (size 13 shoe) accidentally and loosened it slightly, which caused a reduced power condition when I started it one morning. Made sure the harness was plugged in tightly and back to normal. I also have it wired through my AutoBlip and it works perfectly.

Between the Vitesse and AutoBlip I have several "on the fly" throttle tuning options for track days and cruising.

Can't speak to the COW Booster. It is likely a good product, but like several on this board, I just don't care for how he comports himself in these discussions so my money has gone elsewhere. A little humility and decorum can go a long way.
Corvette_Ed (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 10:58 PM
montman
Pro

Originally Posted by CrvtBB
This thread headed in the same direction as all previous Vitesse threads whether COW was originally referred to in the thread title or not.

I've had the Vitesse unit pretty much since they first came out going on 5+ years now I think and it has worked great. The only issue I had is one time I must have kicked the harness (size 13 shoe) accidentally and loosened it slightly, which caused a reduced power condition when I started it one morning. Made sure the harness was plugged in tightly and back to normal. I also have it wired through my AutoBlip and it works perfectly.

Between the Vitesse and AutoBlip I have several "on the fly" throttle tuning options for track days and cruising.

Can't speak to the COW Booster. It is likely a good product, but like several on this board, I just don't care for how he comports himself in these discussions so my money has gone elsewhere. A little humility and decorum can go a long way.
I haven't heard of the AutoBlip, i will check it out. I'm not unhappy with the Vitesse, but you know how the OCD mind works - always looking for the next best thing. The guys who are funny are the ones who think all you have to do is give it more gas to get the same effect as a throttle controller.
Chuck CoW (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 11:07 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Exactly..... Just give it more gas....

I haven't heard of the AutoBlip, i will check it out. I'm not unhappy with the Vitesse, but you know how the OCD mind works - always looking for the next best thing. The guys who are funny are the ones who think all you have to do is give it more gas to get the same effect as a throttle controller.
Exactly..... Just give it more gas....

I heard that about 1,000 times from online people..... Crazy.

Once you've tried it.... That's the last thing you'll think.

Chuck CoW
Old 02-22-2018, 11:21 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default There you have it......

There you have it...... I'm expected to have "a little humility and decorum" while random internet trolls insult ME and MY PRODUCT

while spewing inaccurate information and facts about my stuff..... And I'm expected to appease everyone by not responding.

Sir, the VERY SAD SHAPE this country is in is exactly because of tolerance, political correctness, & pacification because

most people now a days have very thin skin and can't function without a "space place".

ESPECIALLY when it comes to hearing the TRUTH about things. Straight talk (truth and facts) clearly has no place

in our society any more..... SAD.

So, to my point.... Your post clearly backs up what I've been saying right along.

It's one thing to have a product with "designed in" defects and shortcomings.....

BUT, it's an even bigger defect when the product's safety & performance is potentially compromised by the end user.

As an example.... One's "size 13 shoe", improper install, or coffee spilled on it or whatever.....

Shortcomings and failures...... ARE SHORTCOMINGS AND FAILURES no matter who caused them or how they

happened. You've helped make my point.

Chuck CoW
JJ1956 (08-28-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 02:16 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
Check other forums on the Cow before you decide. No problems with my Vitesse.
This forum is exactly where I heard about the numerous Vitesse problems, but now when there is a thread like this, they are all silent except for the regular Chuck Cow bashers. Those with the Vitesse problems and some of those with repeated problems are the reason I plan to go with Chuck Cow who's booster I have never heard anyone have problems with.

That the Vitesse allows the driver to adjust the throttle control on the fly sounds nice, but 10 different adjustments seems a bit much.
Chuck CoW (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 03:34 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Much appreciated input.

Originally Posted by TomdaToolman
This forum is exactly where I heard about the numerous Vitesse problems, but now when there is a thread like this, they are all silent except for the regular Chuck Cow bashers. Those with the Vitesse problems and some of those with repeated problems are the reason I plan to go with Chuck Cow who's booster I have never heard anyone have problems with.

That the Vitesse allows the driver to adjust the throttle control on the fly sounds nice, but 10 different adjustments seems a bit much.

Thank you.

Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 02-23-2018 at 03:35 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:07 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,663 Likes on 1,696 Posts

You weigh the options and make your choices.

I have had a Vitesse installed for about 3 years now, have not recalibrated it, and have never had an issue. I have also tweaked the shifting with HPT to align the shifting characteristics to my liking with the Vitesse at my preferred setting of SP4 or 5. I feel these settings get you closest to emulating a drive by cable throttle, while eliminating the throttle lag. I would absolutely hate to go back to driving without the Vitesse.

I have never used Chuck and don't personally know anyone who has, so I can't comment on his product. I have been on the forum for 11 years now, and he has been around for a long time. There have reportedly been a few issues in the distant past but I suspect his product is OK or he wouldn't still be around. He is obviously proud of his product(s) but my observation is he sometimes turns people off by the method used to promote them. It comes off too much like the hucksters who sold the "miracle" drugs in a bottle in the olden days. There is a reason for the old saying "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar". This is simply my observations over a long period of time, and food for thought.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:46 AM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Look, I understand that Chuck is very passionate. But that's because he cares. I think it's unfortunate the folks who feel the need to bash him.

I took my 2008 Z51 to him immediately after purchasing it. He spent the entire day with me. He explained everything to me in the tiniest detail almost to the point I thought my ears would blow haha. But he did an amazing freaking job. He gave me back a completely different car. I personally think he's a great person and top notch at what he does.
The following 2 users liked this post by Matthewstorm:
Chuck CoW (02-23-2018), myredhead1 (02-24-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 09:08 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
Look, I understand that Chuck is very passionate. But that's because he cares. I think it's unfortunate the folks who feel the need to bash him.

I took my 2008 Z51 to him immediately after purchasing it. He spent the entire day with me. He explained everything to me in the tiniest detail almost to the point I thought my ears would blow haha. But he did an amazing freaking job. He gave me back a completely different car. I personally think he's a great person and top notch at what he does.
This is what I have read repeatedly and why Chuck is gonna get my business!
The following 2 users liked this post by TomdaToolman:
Chuck CoW (02-23-2018), JJ1956 (08-28-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 09:46 AM
montman
Pro

Originally Posted by TomdaToolman

I rarely change the setting on the Vitesse. If you're like me and enjoy letting people you trust drive the car - only while I'm with them - you can set it on an economy mode to let them get a feel for driving it. If they don't seem to aggressive on the pedal, then increase it and watch the grin on their face increase. Just to stave off any nannys, this is not done in traffic! West Texas has plenty of great, open roads near my house. But I would definitely recommend you get the Bovine Booster, I'm sure you will never want to go back.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:00 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

I rarely change the setting on the Vitesse. If you're like me and enjoy letting people you trust drive the car - only while I'm with them - you can set it on an economy mode to let them get a feel for driving it. If they don't seem to aggressive on the pedal, then increase it and watch the grin on their face increase. Just to stave off any nannys, this is not done in traffic! West Texas has plenty of great, open roads near my house. But I would definitely recommend you get the Bovine Booster, I'm sure you will never want to go back.
I do the same thing and use economy for valet and bad traction conditions and turn it up when I want it to have instant throttle response. Works perfect and I am the one who controls the amount not somebody else
Old 02-23-2018, 06:43 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm

Thank you my friend!

Chuck CoW
Boilerman (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 06:47 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Interesting......

Interesting...... Not sure how the "economy" settings work, but I can tell you that the CoW BOOSTER!'s initial setting is "quite snappy"

the way I describe it, and very interesting.... My customers typically report up to 3 mpg increase in economy when cruising at

approx 70 mph.... I thought it was weird (or impossible) when we first released it, but (while it's a long explanation....)

I can't understand how their ECO settings help fuel economy, because ours makes it better when using our quite sporty settings.....

FWIW, I just figured I'd mention that.

Chuck CoW
Boilerman (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 07:11 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
There you have it...... I'm expected to have "a little humility and decorum" while random internet trolls insult ME and MY PRODUCT

while spewing inaccurate information and facts about my stuff..... And I'm expected to appease everyone by not responding.

Sir, the VERY SAD SHAPE this country is in is exactly because of tolerance, political correctness, & pacification because

most people now a days have very thin skin and can't function without a "space place".

ESPECIALLY when it comes to hearing the TRUTH about things. Straight talk (truth and facts) clearly has no place

in our society any more..... SAD.

So, to my point.... Your post clearly backs up what I've been saying right along.

It's one thing to have a product with "designed in" defects and shortcomings.....

BUT, it's an even bigger defect when the product's safety & performance is potentially compromised by the end user.

As an example.... One's "size 13 shoe", improper install, or coffee spilled on it or whatever.....

Shortcomings and failures...... ARE SHORTCOMINGS AND FAILURES no matter who caused them or how they

happened. You've helped make my point.

Chuck CoW
Clearly your arrogance has caused you to misinterpret my post. I did not help make your point as I didn't express any claim your product was superior in any way.

My first point was I'm very satisfied with the Vitesse. I was being up front about the 1 problem I had which was entirely my fault because I didn't follow the installation directions fully (ensuring the connection was fully engaged), which was probably because I was also integrating the AutoBlip at the same time. You can interpret those facts any way you want, but don't misunderstand - I'm not endorsing your product as better in any way shape or form.

My final point had nothing to do with needing a safe space, avoiding straight talk, or accepting facts or objective truths. It was simply a statement that I find your approach on this forum generally off putting, and I exercised my right to reject you as someone with whom I would choose to do business. It has nothing to do tolerance, political correctness or pacification, but simply a sovereign decision of where I spend my money.

You have every right to be boorish, and I encourage you to be so if that's what makes you happy or somehow improves your business. But please don't misinterpret my post as anything other than an expression of my conscious decision to invest my money elsewhere when it came to choosing between your product and the Vitesse.

Last edited by CrvtBB; 02-23-2018 at 07:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CrvtBB:
Corvette_Ed (02-23-2018), GS057 (02-23-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Chuck COW vs Vitesse

Old 02-23-2018, 07:26 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Clearly your arrogance has caused you to misinterpret my post. I did not help make your point as I didn't express any claim your product was superior in any way.

My first point was I'm very satisfied with the Vitesse. I was being up front about the 1 problem I had which was entirely my fault because I didn't follow the installation directions fully (ensuring the connection was fully engaged), which was probably because I was also integrating the AutoBlip at the same time. You can interpret those facts any way you want, but don't misunderstand - I'm not endorsing your product as better in any way shape or form.

My final point had nothing to do with needing a safe space, avoiding straight talk, or accepting facts or objective truths. It was simply a statement that I find your approach on this forum generally off putting, and I exercised my right to reject you as someone with whom I would choose to do business. It has nothing to do tolerance, political correctness or pacification, but simply a sovereign decision of where I spend my money.

You have every right to be boorish, and I encourage you to be so if that's what makes you happy or somehow improves your business. But please don't misinterpret my post as anything other than an expression of my conscious decision to invest my money elsewhere when it came to choosing between your product and the Vitesse.
Are you actually surprised Chuckie will say anything to make himself look good???? It is not working.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 02-23-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:38 PM
GS057
Safety Car

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Funny how all these claims about lots of forum members having issues with there Vittese have not responded on this thread.

Last edited by GS057; 02-23-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:59 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by GS057
Funny how all these claims about lots of forum members having issues with there Vittese have not responded on this thread.

Quick Reply: Chuck COW vs Vitesse