C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Chase0808
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default A/C Issues

I've searched and couldn't find anything that helps. Basically, my AC just has a mind of its own and works when it wants. The driver side vents pretty much work as they should. The passenger side vents seem like they are being restricted. When I set the blower speed to the highest setting, it stays stuck on high, even if I change it back down to low. Should I replace the actual control unit or maybe is it the compressor? Im just not sure why 2 vents flow free and 2 seem blocked.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:57 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Could be an actuator getting stuck. Try resetting your system by disconnecting both battery terminals, then grounding them against each other to discharge the residual charge left in the systems, then reconnecting after 10 minutes (I think?). See if this resolves the issue.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Chase0808
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Okay thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try that when I get home. It seems like the passenger side is not working at all. I had both sides set to 60 and the driver side was working but the passenger was slowly blowing warm air
Old 02-22-2018, 02:09 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by Chase0808
Okay thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try that when I get home. It seems like the passenger side is not working at all. I had both sides set to 60 and the driver side was working but the passenger was slowly blowing warm air
It's a common problem, and usually has to do with the door blend actuator. Hopefully the reset will resolve it, otherwise you'll be replacing parts.

Get notified of new replies

To A/C Issues

Quick Reply: A/C Issues