C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maryland Speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 04:55 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Originally Posted by cessna10
I shot them an email to tell them they were getting hammered. They responded that they were denied access to the forum to respond.
If that's true, it's not right.
Hmmmm...

Wonder what these months and months of replies and responses are???
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/

I think a more accurate statement would be, they have been denied
access to the Forum to reply AFTER they were removed as a Vendor.

Chip

Last edited by CCA Corvette Parts; 03-06-2018 at 04:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
doomi (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 06:25 PM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CCA Corvette Parts
Hmmmm...

Wonder what these months and months of replies and responses are???
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/

I think a more accurate statement would be, they have been denied
access to the Forum to reply AFTER they were removed as a Vendor.

Chip
CCA, I am only telling you what they replied in the email.
Not meant to take sides
Old 03-06-2018, 06:32 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Originally Posted by cessna10
CCA, I am only telling you what they replied in the email.
Not meant to take sides
Not what I was implying either

Sometimes I get a little direct because I am typing replies ect...all day long.
I should have re-read what I typed before I hit send

Regards
Chip

Last edited by CCA Corvette Parts; 03-06-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:59 PM
LVPLR
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered LG headers in November and still waiting. I get the same responses as everyone else with the latest being that they are at the coaters. If this is true I will be happy if I see them in the next couple of weeks although I'm not feeling very confident after all the negative threads.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:29 AM
ssbowtie1
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by LVPLR
I ordered LG headers in November and still waiting. I get the same responses as everyone else with the latest being that they are at the coaters. If this is true I will be happy if I see them in the next couple of weeks although I'm not feeling very confident after all the negative threads.
Call your CC company and make sure it's not too late to file a dispute. MS will take your money and run if they know you have no recourse.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:09 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by LVPLR
That was 5 months ago, you should have cancelled your order and got your money back after waiting 5 weeks!!!

Why in the world have you waited this long?

Last edited by Don-Vette; 03-11-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:42 PM
LVPLR
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
That was 5 months ago, you should have cancelled your order and got your money back after waiting 5 weeks!!!

Why in the world have you waited this long?
It was late November so it has been about 3 and a half months. I wanted to give them a chance to come through for me because it was a pretty good deal. I will check with my credit card company tomorrow and see what their policy is but I could be stuck. It's known that he uses your acceptance of a discount as an agreement to wait... but for how long is the ultimate question I guess.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Mark H
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

After reading this thread I went to their site last night just to look around some. I got my Borla exhaust from them a few years ago in a very timely matter. So, I was shocked to see how far they have fell in customer service. Anyway, I got a text from Tyler at Maryland Speed today offering me a GREAT deal on the Kooks I was looking at while on their site last night!! I guess they are still trying to screw people out of their money!
Old 04-03-2018, 05:44 PM
MBC Racing
Instructor

I was one of the few dumb dumbs that ordered parts from Maryland Speed back in November and December. Ordered a comp trunion kit and it showed up in ~1 week. then ordered a catch can and it showed up in about the same time. Then.... I ordered a set of Kooks headers and off road X 12/1 and it took FOREVER!!! Repeated phone calls and emails every week. Finally when I threatened to dispute with my credit card and file a complaint with the BBB, My headers showed up after 3 months, but NO x-pipe.... Back to calling and emails... Finally I ordered the X from another vendor and it showed up in 2 days. Two weeks later 14+ weeks after my order my x from Maryland showed up....

They have great prices, but for a couple hundred $$$ I'm not waiting for 3-4 months for parts. Its a shame and they have every excuse under the sun as to why.... I will NEVER buy another part from them again! Simply not worth the agrivation.

Parts are being drop shipped from Keystone Automotive which appears to be a distributer.... Kooks parts are NOT coming direct from Kooks... or at least my X-pipe didn't.

So.... anybody want to buy a C5 kooks offroad X new in the box for cheap????
Old 04-04-2018, 07:12 AM
REDSEE5
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 108 Posts

This is actually happening right now with my buddy. Ordered a Halltech for his c7 z06 a month ago from Maryland Speed and they kept saying it would “ship next week.” He ended up calling his credit card company and going with an aFe intake.

This company sounds like a bunch of crooks. If you check the BBB website there are over 40 complaints of them doing the same exact thing to other customers.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:43 PM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ssbowtie1
Call your CC company and make sure it's not too late to file a dispute. MS will take your money and run if they know you have no recourse.
If he used MasterCard he’s pretty much fucked. MasterCard told me you have 90 days to file. I was in by about a week from getting fucked by this guy...
Old 04-05-2018, 01:00 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,477 Likes on 767 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

My buddy just canceled his order. He disputed the charge and the owner called him. Mu buddy told him he wanted an answer when they were shipping, by COB the next day or cancel the order. Owner agreed. The next day the owner calls at 5pm Chicago time; 6pm MD time (lol...outside normal COB). He tells my buddy he is unprofessional and will stick it to him and make him wait even longer when he wins dispute. My buddy provided all emails to Visa and there is no way the owner wins. #1, you should not be charging a buyer until and item ships, unless something custom, which Kooks headers are not. #2 if a buyer doesn't want an item that hasn't shipped, the owner should give a full refund. My buddy called another supplier and he told him that MD SS collects a bunch of orders and then places one large bulk order which is how he gets them cheaper. The other thing I suspect is his business is in a cash flow crunch and he places one order when someone else places theirs. In any event my buddy called Kooks and they told him then can ship and have them to anyone in 2 days so anyone telling them the product is on back order is outright lying.

The owner of MD appears to be a very poor business man. To tell a customer that they are "unprofessional" and you will delay their order is not good, and someone with that attitude should not expect to be in business long. I suspect he is already in trouble and cannot afford to make refunds, etc because he has already used the next purchase $$$ to procure other customers orders; very typical.

I would steer clear; I am hearing or reading nothing good about this supplier. I would say if you have an order outstanding, either cancel it, and if he won't cancel (as he won't) then dispute the charge. The next worry I would have if waiting long is he will go out of business and your $$$ will be lost.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:06 PM
MYCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Well I placed my order for Kooks headers and Halltech intake back on Nov 2017. I was prepared to wait 2-3 months as Winter was coming and I wouldn't be driving the car. I have been calling them since early March and always get the same excuse about my order being escalated to management and that it should ship next week. Today I called my cc and told them I wanted to file a dispute. Guess I'll be getting a call from Maryland Speed soon telling me I'm very unprofessional! As far as I'm concerned I gave them plenty of time (over 4 months) to ship my order. We'll see what happens. Regardless of outcome (refund or merchandise) I will never ever deal with them again.

Last edited by MYCoupe; 04-05-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Every so often I look at this thread and count my lucky stars, I got my Kooks within 5 weeks just as promised, complete also
NSF
Old 04-05-2018, 08:01 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Every so often I look at this thread and count my lucky stars, I got my Kooks within 5 weeks just as promised, complete also
NSF
NSF, i had good luck a couple of years ago with my corsa extremes so i rolled the dice on a brake package during the thanksgiving sale. DBA rotors and hawk street pads. Still waiting...........
Old 04-05-2018, 10:35 PM
ken breaux
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I placed my order and after a week I called to question the status as they charged my CC immediately. With no reply I called the vendors direct ( SLP and LG) and discovered SLP is out of the header business and LG did not have an order with my name on it. I emailed Maryland Speed and informed them of my findings and requested a refund. The reply I received was to provide my phone number to discuss this and I am still waiting for over 2 weeks now for that call. I called my CC company and started the dispute process and as of tonight I have a provisional credit while they wait for his reply.

Last edited by ken breaux; 04-05-2018 at 10:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-06-2018, 09:40 AM
rrichar2591
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by CCA Corvette Parts
Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, we have helping Forum Members actually
get their products.

Feel free to shoot us a PM and I can check our stock for you. That
way you will know before you order, exactly when it will ship.

Sorry we can't fix the transaction on the other end, but we sure
are heck will make the transaction on this end smooth and worry free.

Please feel free to PM/Call me directly. I promise you, I will personally
handle your order from start to finish.

Regards
Chip
I can confirm what Chip says. Ordered from him in the past. He provided an email letting me know parts were in stock and when they would ship. They arrived as promised.

Get notified of new replies

To Maryland Speed

Old 04-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Having been reading about this situation for some months now I wonder out loud why hasn't there been any investigation into this by the authorities, seems to me it would well served as their business practices just cant be legal can they ?
I say this out of respect to Brenden because he treated me well and delivered on time but enough is enough, time to delve into the legality part of this isn't it
Good luck to all of you
NSF
Old 04-06-2018, 12:02 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,801 Likes on 4,234 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

I would recommend anyone looking at Maryland Speed go back and look at all the previous posts/complaints about this company and read the responses from the owner. He's completely unprofessional, goes after those who were posting legitimate complaints after waiting months for their products with the excuse that he can offer lower prices because you have to wait so long & you agreed to it buy purchasing from him, blah blah blah. I was enticed by their lower prices, but a quick search found that this place is a joke. His business practice is actually calculated - charging your CC immediately & knowing that many CC companies have a time limit within which you can file a dispute. By holding your order beyond that time frame, he essentially gets your money & you have no recourse. He's obviously using your money to fulfill orders that are 4-6 or more months old, similar to a ponzi scheme.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:13 AM
Dans 98 corvette
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered a bb bullet exhaust on feb 19, 2018 and still nothing, I literally called too many times they must know my number because they don't answer now. I had to use a different number and of course they answer. The two girls that work the phones just give me attitudes and gimme the same ol story that its about to ship and their waiting on their vendor the deal with to get the shipping. NEVER AGAiN, this is just bad business!

Quick Reply: Maryland Speed