C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maryland Speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 11:24 AM
MBC Racing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dans 98 corvette
I ordered a bb bullet exhaust on feb 19, 2018 and still nothing, I literally called too many times they must know my number because they don't answer now. I had to use a different number and of course they answer. The two girls that work the phones just give me attitudes and gimme the same ol story that its about to ship and their waiting on their vendor the deal with to get the shipping. NEVER AGAiN, this is just bad business!
per my experience with them, give them a final date. for example email them and tell them that if you do not have conformation of shipping and tracking number by COB 5/4, you are going to call your credit card company, dispute the charges and file a complaint with the BBB. You have record of them lying about it about to ship for weeks as well as all the other complaints against them. Don't wait much longer or you may have issues with your credit card company. I pushed the issue with them this way and finally got my kooks headers and Xpipe.
good luck!
Old 04-25-2018, 01:12 PM
MYCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by MBC Racing
per my experience with them, give them a final date. for example email them and tell them that if you do not have conformation of shipping and tracking number by COB 5/4, you are going to call your credit card company, dispute the charges and file a complaint with the BBB. You have record of them lying about it about to ship for weeks as well as all the other complaints against them. Don't wait much longer or you may have issues with your credit card company. I pushed the issue with them this way and finally got my kooks headers and Xpipe.
good luck!
That may not even work anymore. I tried that approach and they didn't seem to care so I opened the dispute with my cc back on 4/5 and haven't heard a peep from MS. I guess either the merchandise will show up or I get my money back. Honestly at this point I'm good with either...

Last edited by MYCoupe; 04-25-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:23 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

My bank originally turned down my dispute request bc of too much time having passed. I met with the head of the cc department and provided numerous emails back and forth with maryland speed. Had my $ back within a week.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:19 AM
TheDEfan
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I disputed my charge last week. Capital One issued a temporary credit to my account. So far no word from Maryland.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:21 AM
TheDEfan
Pro

Originally Posted by MBC Racing
good luck!
That's what I did. I have a email chain of every conversation I've had with them which includes promise dates that never happened.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:49 PM
chilangoworrior
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

TTT, I'm about to open a dispute as well, more than 5 months and no update about my parts. Very disappointment
Old 05-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Good luck Bud ^^^^^ I'm still surprised that I got my headers in the exact time frame quoted
This is just not right
NSF
The following users liked this post:
chilangoworrior (05-10-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 10:02 PM
MYCoupe
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Good luck Bud ^^^^^ I'm still surprised that I got my headers in the exact time frame quoted
This is just not right
NSF
I think things have really gone downhill at MS since you ordered your headers. This upcoming Saturday will make it 30 days since I opened the claim with my credit card company so I should be getting back my money soon. Not a peep from MS since I opened the claim...
Old 05-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

How the hell do they stay in biz ??? This forum alone had to account for a pretty good amount of their customers, I don't get it
Old 05-03-2018, 10:23 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

NSF, I was thinking the same thing. It seems as if they lost a bunch of incoming $$ after they were dropped as a vender. I wonder if it was just the corvette forum, or all forums owned by IB
Old 05-04-2018, 02:28 AM
NCVette1
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

A bit OT but I had around 3.5k in my shopping cart 1 button away from purchasing from Maryland Speed. A quick search on the company brought me A LOT of negative reviews. That order went to another vendor who shipped it all within 24 hours.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NCVette1
A bit OT but I had around 3.5k in my shopping cart 1 button away from purchasing from Maryland Speed. A quick search on the company brought me A LOT of negative reviews. That order went to another vendor who shipped it all within 24 hours.
See, that's what I MEAN, HOW CAN YOU SURVIVE IN THE BIZ WORLD LOSING ORDERS LIKE THAT
NSF
Old 05-04-2018, 10:21 PM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Dans 98 corvette
I ordered a bb bullet exhaust on feb 19, 2018 and still nothing, I literally called too many times they must know my number because they don't answer now. I had to use a different number and of course they answer. The two girls that work the phones just give me attitudes and gimme the same ol story that its about to ship and their waiting on their vendor the deal with to get the shipping. NEVER AGAiN, this is just bad business!
Feb 2018.... try Nov 2017 !!
Gave them benefit of the doubt but finally called in a dispute to CC company and got my $ back last month.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:28 PM
TheDEfan
Pro

https://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...wtype=negative
Old 06-17-2018, 03:19 PM
brian465
3rd Gear

My experience with Maryland Speed has taught me the importance of researching a company online before purchasing something from them. I thought that would be excessive in this day and age but boy was I wrong. Two months after I order an axle-back exhaust and I'm still getting the runaround from Brandon. Simply amazing that they are still in business.

Not that this company needs any more negative reviews, but I figure I would just rant and release some steam. Following advice from others in this thread, I gave him a date to get a tracking number to me or I'd call my credit card company and charge back my card. I figure with my email thread and his constant promises of "getting one out to me soon" it shouldn't be an issue, regardless of what their dumbass terms and conditions are.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:07 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

All I can say is that it's really sad to see any local business (apparently) going down, especially one that I had a really good experience with.

Not just ordering parts, but installing them. They did a great job. Timely, cost effective, and their installation was spot-on.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:12 AM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by brian465
My experience with Maryland Speed has taught me the importance of researching a company online before purchasing something from them. I thought that would be excessive in this day and age but boy was I wrong. Two months after I order an axle-back exhaust and I'm still getting the runaround from Brandon. Simply amazing that they are still in business.

Not that this company needs any more negative reviews, but I figure I would just rant and release some steam. Following advice from others in this thread, I gave him a date to get a tracking number to me or I'd call my credit card company and charge back my card. I figure with my email thread and his constant promises of "getting one out to me soon" it shouldn't be an issue, regardless of what their dumbass terms and conditions are.
most CC have a 90 day limit on filing. I wouldn’t wait, they are not going to ship your parts...

Get notified of new replies

To Maryland Speed

Old 07-06-2018, 08:22 PM
WowGuyZ06
Racer

Good Lord. I am in the middle of a dispute as well. I ordered LG headers and catted X, JetHot coated for a "smoking" deal. Well, I got burned. Ordered back in February, was promised first week of April delivery. I was then told that my headers failed quality control at the coaters. Such a load! I threatened via e-mail to go through credit card, and like a previous poster said, I gave them a hard date to get back to me by. Nothing of course, so now here I am. They did at one point say that they would give me a refund, and of course that never showed. Wow. Stay tuned. I sent off the requested paperwork from my bank today.

EDIT: I actually came on here to SLAM them on one of their threads, then came across this one. WOW!

Last edited by WowGuyZ06; 07-06-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:47 PM
MYCoupe
Melting Slicks

Well today the refund back to my credit card became official. What a mess! They play every game in the book to hold on to the money for as long as they can. When I opened the dispute they waited 60 days then said they had shipped the parts. Of course they couldn't produce any tracking numbers, but it bought them an extra 30 days with the money. I can't imagine they'll stay in business much longer...
Old 07-12-2018, 10:42 PM
pielet97
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I too had to get the credit card company to refund me for a Haltech intake. Never again.

Quick Reply: Maryland Speed