C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette Exterior Detailing - Minneapolis Area - Recommendations and Guidance

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 07:29 PM
blckgrffn
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Vette Exterior Detailing - Minneapolis Area - Recommendations and Guidance

Hey all, first time nice car owner here.

My GS needs some love and I want to have someone who knows what they are doing do the exterior detailing.

Having dealt with the dusty OEM pads after some drama, I thought I would get the front bumper license plate holes filled prior to getting this done but it’s after Labor Day and it’s probably not going to happen. I don’t have the time, patience or expertise to do this detailing justice myself.

So, for an exterior wash and quality wax what should I expect to pay? What do I ask for? How do I avoid being fleeced? Any recommendations in the Minneapolis area? I am in the north metro but I don’t mind a little drive for a drop off at well rated and personally recommended spot.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-14-2023, 09:25 AM
ominousone
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

Hey blck, my '06 sat for 2 years in a warehouse before I acquired it. The Red interior was all oxidized(?) and more white than red. The exterior wasn't too bad. I had Paradise Car Wash in Eagan, MN do the "back to new" detail for around $345.00. It turned out great. There are also "guys" that will come to you and detail, although I've heard of good ones and shitty ones. So do a little research. I also work with a detail guy here at Inver Grove Hyundai that does a great job as well.
The following users liked this post:
blckgrffn (09-14-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 02:56 PM
blckgrffn
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Dropped $150 on a external only detail at Done Right Auto Detail in Blaine MN. They did a great job, its so shiny in a way it wasn't before. There was a mention of ceramic type wax but I can't say I know exactly what was used even though I was shown the jug and it was a brand I recognized at the time. Doug chatted with me and made me feel comfortable dropping it off there. He explained that he wouldn't be getting clear back in the deep rims and for the price I was comfortable with just getting the front shiny cleaned up. I'd go there again, and be sure to mention that I was OK waiting for the right day and time to get his best guy.

Old 09-24-2023, 08:58 AM
Toys4Life C5
Drifting

Received 1,248 Likes on 546 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

Looks great!

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Exterior Detailing - Minneapolis Area - Recommendations and Guidance

Quick Reply: Vette Exterior Detailing - Minneapolis Area - Recommendations and Guidance