C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Wing for GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 05:48 PM
artz66
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Batman75
Just saw this in another thread. Some of you may owe the OP an apology.

I didn't read through the whole thing again but I don't think anybody questioned his service, I brought up the wording of it, and the need to bring it up in order to prove validity in that he is a badass maybe? I do not know.

He has a national defense service ribbon but that is not a Vietnam service medal. I commend him for serving during a time of war but I still do not see the need to bring it up in discussion. As a combat veteran(Iraq), my thoughts might not have came across right and for that I apologize as I do not want to take anything away from somebody that either volunteered or was drafted into the service. .
Old 03-27-2018, 06:14 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by artz66
I didn't read through the whole thing again but I don't think anybody questioned his service, I brought up the wording of it, and the need to bring it up in order to prove validity in that he is a badass maybe? I do not know.

He has a national defense service ribbon but that is not a Vietnam service medal. I commend him for serving during a time of war but I still do not see the need to bring it up in discussion. As a combat veteran(Iraq), my thoughts might not have came across right and for that I apologize as I do not want to take anything away from somebody that either volunteered or was drafted into the service. .
First, thank you for your service, I am also a veteran, served 29 years, and could not agree with you more. I am still scratching my head trying to figure why military service was ever introduced into this conversation ... it provides no applicable substance or support to the discussion and has only resulted in completely sidetracking the initial conversation.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:48 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,774 Likes on 4,221 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

[QUOTE=Batman75;1596869148]
Originally Posted by JABCAT

The juvenile remarks about the OP's question started right off the bat. He never mentioned his service until you said this in reply 30,(It’s very clear the OP is a teenager by simply analyzing the words he uses, i.e. “triggered” which is the current version of “annoyed” for the under 17 crowd that tries to sound cool by making up their own words as we all did when we were teenagers (I know because I have 2 teenagers).

You're 10 tears younger than my youngest daughter and you are still acting like a teenager.
Two separate items Batman: #1 OP started acting like a jackass in Post #4 with a snide comment directed at R&L's C6 - which by the way R&L's comment was not personally directed at the OP. He then continued his derogatory commentary in post #6 directed at all forum members apparently, "I laugh at you because you are all the same" - again at this point nobody had made any derogatory comments about the OP. He then continued in #35 with "you self anointed superior intellectuals..." & "teacher huh? Can't actually do, but tell others how to do it...gotcha sparkles" & so on throughout the thread - which again up until that point nobody had made any derogatory comments directed at him. This you conveniently left out of your reply to me.

#2 In post #30 as you referenced I commented that based on words he used he must be a teenager - my assumption. That is a comment on age, and because I didn't scope out his profile and know he was however old he is, not a comment about his actions or name calling (acting like a teenager as you called me). His response to that was then to pull out his Armed Forces service as to somehow claim he is a badass and or superior to those he had been bashing up to that point. He could've simple said "hey I'm 48, 55, 99" whatever, but instead he continued with his billy badass routine. That would be equivalent to me responding to you saying Im still acting like a teenager by throwing out all my advanced degrees and professional accomplishments in an effort to claim my intellectual superiority over you.

And then again, as you skipped over quoting me - the OP continued to bash everyone and everything including other Veterans & their opinions, teachers, guys who ride "rice burners" instead of the oh so manly Harley he has, etc. Simple reading comprehension would result in understanding that most of the posts with triple decker wings, etc. were in fun and nothing was posted as a direct assault on the OP in spite of his constant personal attacks and name calling on everyone who posted. Yet you chose to point out how everyone else was being so mean & unruly to the poor OP?
Old 03-27-2018, 07:18 PM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by artz66

This isn't the OP's plate. I was just pointing out that Vietnam Era Vet isn't a term unique to him.

Maybe I've misunderstood some of the comments but several have said, a true Vietnam Vet says just that--not Vietnam Era Vet. I won't butt into the conversation again.

Last edited by Batman75; 03-27-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=JABCAT;1596872126][QUOTE=Batman75;1596869148]

I'm sure he doesn't need me defending him so I won't say any more.

The wise cracks started immediately on reply 2 and have continued.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:57 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

Sigh......since this thread went from arguing about uglyassed aftermarket ricer wings on beautiful cars in an effort to cheapen them, to what does or doesnt qualify as being a military veteran.......can we just lock the damn thread? This crap is getting maddening.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:24 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

[QUOTE=Batman75;1596872355][QUOTE=JABCAT;1596872126]

I'm sure he doesn't need me defending him so I won't say any more.

The wise cracks started immediately on reply 2 and have continued.
For what it's worth, I agree with you. I'm not sure why some people bother responding with criticism. Ask a simple question, get attacked by a pack of rabid animals.

It's unfortunate. As far as I am concerned, you either know where to find one or you don't. Whether a person likes the look or not is inconsequential considering he was not asking for opinions on looks.

I have found a ton of helpful information on the site. CF does have it's benefits as long as you can get past the grade school playground mentality. It seems some threads bring out the worst.

I just hope he doesn't ask about lambo doors or caliper covers.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:40 PM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=1rusty1;1596872756][QUOTE=Batman75;1596872355]
Originally Posted by JABCAT

I just hope he doesn't ask about lambo doors or caliper covers.
I've been hoping the same thing.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:53 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Just saw this in another thread. Some of you may owe the OP an apology.

That's not the OP's license plate
Old 03-27-2018, 10:50 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Phil, I have great respect for you. We have had several very nice conversations, and am sure we will have many more.

Having said that, I think that plate is an insult to all veterans who served at other times. There is no special distinction whatsoever in being a "Vietnam era veteran". I am disappointed that Texas, of all states, would not realize that ALL veterans are in a special category, regardless of when they served. THAT is what bothers me most about the term "Vietnam era veteran". What also bothers me is that some of those veterans use it to imply that they were in-country Vietnam veterans, when they were not. I know two, personally, who were quite fond of using that term, neither ever explaining to anyone that they were National Guard enlistees who did less than 6 months of military training IN THEIR HOME STATE, then went home, for good. I had respect for their NG service, but could not respect them for what they implied.

As for the OP, he was a regular Navy enlistee, and has my full admiration for that. However, he can drop the "Vietnam era" CRAP because it means nothing...it is not a distinction.

I hope you can understand my view, even if you do not agree with it.

Jim
The following 2 users liked this post by buckmeister2:
redzone (03-29-2018), Welker1 (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 11:24 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,611 Likes on 2,341 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
...I think that plate is an insult to all veterans who served at other times...
Buckster, I could not agree more. As I said previous:
Veterans groups estimate that today approximately 9 to 12 million Americans fraudulently claim they served in Vietnam.
And to what end?
I was not in country, or in waters. I cannot imagine what a grunt, 'copter door gunner, tunnel rat, etc, went through. Peace to all.

Let's move on...nothing to see here...

Old 03-28-2018, 07:50 AM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=buckmeister2;1596873733]Phil, I have great respect for you. We have had several very nice conversations, and am sure we will have many more.

I said a few replies ago that I wouldn't say anything else about this but---.

First, I said the Texas plate wasn't the OP's. I posted it to show that Vietnam Era Vet wasn't a term only used by the OP. I have the highest respect for all Vets. I don't understand calling anyone of them a disgrace, with the exception of traitors like Bergdahl.

I explained in one of my replies in this thread that I didn't serve. Not because I tried to get out of it but because of life events at the time. Maybe that is why I have such high respect and admiration for all Veterans. Even those who served in times of peace. My dad was a pony soldier and bugler in WW1 and my brother was a Marine in WW2.

I guess I'm too old to enjoy the junior high school mentality of many forum members. That's why I frequently have to take a long break from even looking.

There is no excuse for clowns trying to insult someone just asking a question instead of just reading it and moving on.
I remember a thread you started quite a while ago trying to help by giving a heads up on a Vette for sale. It wasn't long before you were on the receiving end of one of the members ridiculing your thread. I stuck my nose into that thread also coming to your defense.

The occasional help provided on the forum isn't worth the smart --- juvenile comments, emojis and obnoxious pictures many post thinking they are funny. About all I get is high blood pressure.

Not that anyone cares but it's time for me to take another long break.

Last edited by Batman75; 03-28-2018 at 11:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
harleypower69 (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 08:01 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,651 Likes on 1,692 Posts

I agree all veterans deserve Our respect. My step-father and father-in-law are/were both lifetime military retirees. Let's not forget that Vietnam vets were the only ones who were treated like **** when they returned in-Country. That was a huge mistake that has finally changed.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:12 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,798 Likes on 1,958 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

....wow.....great thread.........
Old 03-28-2018, 11:16 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Just saw this in another thread. Some of you may owe the OP an apology...
This isn't the OP's plate...
...First, I said the Texas plate wasn't the OP's...
I'm confused. Your initial post of the plate did not SAY, but certainly IMPLIED, it was the OP's plate.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:21 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by ruxvette
I'm confused. Your initial post of the plate did not SAY, but certainly IMPLIED, it was the OP's plate.
made that initial assumption as well.............

then I looked and saw that the OP was from Iowa...........

had the Alfred Newman Corn photo in mind, if you know what I mean.............
Old 03-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ruxvette
I guess I will have to un-subscribe. If I had I wouldn't gotten the e-mail with your comment.

I sure don't want to confuse you but I realized after I posted, although it wasn't my intention, it may have looked like I implied that. That is why I clarified it in another post.

The OP is in Iowa so I didn't realize a Texas plate would cause the confusion you obviously had.

Now to un-subscribe before I log out.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:42 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

...Now to un-subscribe before I log out.
Kinda like take your ball and go home.
Sorry if I offended you.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:17 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by Huskerman
....wow.....great thread.........
Great googly moogly....someone starts a thread about putting a wing on his corvette, on a public forum may I add, and gets a little fun poked at him and it turns into this pissing match.....

Some of you need to lighten up.

Last edited by R&L's C6; 03-28-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear Wing for GS