C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm I Shafted and Stuck with this Corvette?

Old 04-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Ssnobrakes
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Never accept a dealer or car lots Car Fax. They falsify information on them all the time. Pay the $ and get your own reports. As mentioned earlier Car Fax warrantees their reports.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:17 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawk68
This was actually brought up in the 2nd post in this thread.
You are correct / and I actually read all the reply’s I just lost it
In the wordiness

Thanks for the heads up
Old 04-04-2018, 10:22 PM
artz66
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlcharlestonsc
WOW, So he should just take all our non-leagel advice and just take whatever happens as a lesson in buyer beware?? Sure hope ur not a lawyer. Normally and where I'm from lawyers will listen to your complaint say if you have any case and if not explain to you how to handle the issue, all at no charge and if charged it's a small fee. Then you leave with piece of mind and no what if's.
you missed my story posted earlier in the thread. I went through this with my old 2012 Audi S4. It’s a waste of time and nobody can legally do anything and my problem was found within 6 months not 3 years. Dealer told me to go pound sand as it was sold as is, call BBB, Illinois attorney general, and a local lawyer that’s a friend of the family. Basically all said I was wasting my time as there was no real proof of deceptive practice by the dealership. Sold it for a 7k loss and went on with life.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:43 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Youd hope but not always. Mine shows up clean as a whistle and isnt
Old 04-05-2018, 01:58 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,768 Likes on 4,218 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Like others have said, sometimes Carfax is incorrect. I purchased a '99 Hugger Orange Camaro SS with 1600 miles on it, still had the plastic on the seats & floor mats. I owned the car for nearly 3 years & put 40k miles on it. I ran a Carfax when I listed it for sale & it had a red warning flag with 25 entries listed for my car all of which had dates during the period of my ownership. Luckily I had all maintenance receipts & records for everything on the car (it was 1 of only 3 HO hardtop 6 speeds with white leather interior), but I had to explain the errant Carfax to every potential buyer. IIRC it was a long drawn out process to try to get Carfax to change their report which I never did because I was able to sell the car for what I was asking.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:30 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Ssnobrakes
Never accept a dealer or car lots Car Fax. They falsify information on them all the time. Pay the $ and get your own reports. As mentioned earlier Car Fax warrantees their reports.
I'm sure that there will always be that percentage of dealers that will partake in skulduggery just to sell a car, but I think suggesting that dealers falsify info on a regular basis may be a stretch. I think that might fall under the term fraud....or something along those lines.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm I Shafted and Stuck with this Corvette?