C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin PS2 vs Pilot sport cup tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 05:48 PM
black.z51.c6
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Michelin PS2 vs Pilot sport cup tires

The cup tires are a little bit more just wondering what people think... worth the extra money? , whats the difference? For aggressive street use
Old 04-05-2018, 06:58 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Very, very, very simply stated......the Cup tires are essentially street legal race tires, very soft and sticky. Of course with those traits they don't last long and they pick up a lot of stuff and sling it against the car. Seems most get around 7k to 8k miles out of them. The tread wear rating is like 180, maybe even 160, I don't remember for sure.

For typical street use I'm sure you would be happier with the PS2 or PSS.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:19 PM
black.z51.c6
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
Very, very, very simply stated......the Cup tires are essentially street legal race tires, very soft and sticky. Of course with those traits they don't last long and they pick up a lot of stuff and sling it against the car. Seems most get around 7k to 8k miles out of them. The tread wear rating is like 180, maybe even 160, I don't remember for sure.

For typical street use I'm sure you would be happier with the PS2 or PSS.
I have the ps2's now, love the grip... I love to drive hard into the turns I was leaning towards the cup tires because they should grip even better. i am conceened about slinging stuff up on the car because i had a full widebody on it and the whole car is perfect... i have cleartastic over the rear fenders because 6 months after i put the widebody on the two rear fenders were destroyed with huge rock chips down to the white fiberglass.
do you think the cup 2 tires are significantly stickier than ps2 or will thorw up a lot more rocks?
Old 04-06-2018, 04:03 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Oh yes, they are very much stickier.

If you ever visit the C7 Forums you will periodically see new owners of cars equipped with the Cup tires asking or advertising that they are willing to swap straight across, or very little cash difference, for regular PSS tires. It is a common discussion point, how sticky and short lived the Cups are, but great on the track.

Get notified of new replies

To Michelin PS2 vs Pilot sport cup tires

Quick Reply: Michelin PS2 vs Pilot sport cup tires